State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really that much cash for Finch to make. The IPL don't want him and the Hundred had downgraded him to a less than 100k contract so he pulled out.

He's basically done, very surprised he got an IPL deal, would've been better gambling on someone like McDermott. Wouldn't even surprise me if he was retired by the time the next BBL season rolls around.

No JFM, Seymour or Short. Expecting it to line up something like:

Pucovski
Rogers
Chandrasinghe
Harvey
Merlo
Rowe (+)
O'Neill
Crone
O'Connell
Parker
Evans
Garner

Tassie haven't released a squad yet but expect something like:

Ward
Jewell
McDermott
Wade (c, +)
Silk
Wright
Webster
Neil-Smith
Bird
Siddle
Meredith

Webster and Wright to provide spin options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Side is lacking experience to allow 2 new quicks to get in. Plus he supposedly offers extra batting, something needed when the tail starts at 6.

Unhappily he just does not make many runs.

We named 13 for the SS game. Surely we can send at least one of them to play in this. Ideally 2.
I think if the two who will miss (Probably McClure and Murphy) played we'd have named them initially.

I'm guessing that the 11 will depend on the deck, whether we go with the 2 spinners or not. Perry, Patto and Sutherland will be a strong enough seam attack if they do go with the second spinner. We'd probably be better off with a spinning deck as we generally play it better than Tassie and also have the better spinners.

4/66 into 5/152 at tea, nice little fight coming from Merlo (30) and Rowe (37*). There's a bit in the deck, so 250 is a good first innings from here with Crone, Garner and O'Neill in the side.

watching the 2nds o'neill looks really good, if he fixes up the bowling action (bent left leg) over winter he will be a great player..

also really like the look of chandrasinghe,

watching the 2nds o'neill looks really good, if he fixes up the bowling action (bent left leg) over winter he will be a great player..

also really like the look of chandrasinghe,

What are the scores in this game.the live stream is not working.Chandrasinghe got a ton at Ringwood in a 2nd 11 game a couple weeks back as well.

Interesting week at selection. Do we keep Seymour in or bring Puck back for a game at the WACA? We can't take two spinners, does Merlo get a look in as an all rounder at 6? Do we keep Murphy after a match winning performance or back the experience of Holland? Does young McClure make his FC debut and we go with 4 seamers plus spin from JFM/Maddinson/Short or Maxwell (if available)? For me:

Pucovski
Dean
Handscomb
Maddinson
Fraser-McGurk
Merlo/Maxwell (if available)
Harper (+)
Pattinson
Sutherland
Perry
Holland (if Maxy unavailable)/McClure (if Maxy available)

Absolute must to have 4 seamers at the WACA. If need be we can also get spin from JFM and Maddo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back