Who is a Player on Your Team that gets Undeserved Hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have Tom Hawkins ahead of Mackie, personally.

He has basically been asked to carry our forward line single handedly since the last premiership, since we've been bereft of a lock-in centre half forward and genuine crumbing options (so he's the target every time we go inside 50 and just 'creating a contest and bringing it to ground' isn't good enough: he has to mark everything), and, for the most part, he's done it very, very well. And he seems like a pretty nice bloke too. The amount of crap he cops is a joke.

Jack Macrae for being slow and his lofty kicking style.

Reality is, he's a clever player who runs more than most and get's a lot of the footy.

Taylor Hunt cops it but I don't think he's ALL that bad....don't know about other clubs but at the Tigers there must always be a whipping boy.
That the current target is Hunt shows we have reduced the spud count a fair bit lately.

Taylor Hunt cops it but I don't think he's ALL that bad....don't know about other clubs but at the Tigers there must always be a whipping boy.
That the current target is Hunt shows we have reduced the spud count a fair bit lately.
He's pretty bad man :(
Ps I'm not having a dig. It's just that every time I watch him he makes horrible decisions.

I know how it feels to have a player who looks like they will be a gun and turn our s**t. See most of our list.

I must only watch when he plays bad because he has been deadset ordinary every time I've seen him play

Heppell.

He's an A-grade midfielder and an All-Australian at his best, yet still gets labelled by some idiotic football watchers as nothing more than an ineffectual sheepdog. I'm not sure if it's the hair, the fact he is thought of as a soft footballer (despite taking multiple courageous marks over the years) or simply sour grapes from supporters of clubs who overlooked him in the draft, but it's odd the hate he gets. Every club in the league would love to have him.
sheepdog is a good one. we should claim that.
dulux for short?

Blicavs. Came in as a mature age spud and has done pretty well considering. Hardly deserves the flack for not being any good.

Do you know he accepted a fine for spitting right? And didn't fight the fine at all?
Allright for the record, and ignoring your fatally damaged credibility, for the sake of.leaving a record in the thread for rhise possibly not au fait with the matter.
1. He did not spit on a player as you claimed. This was proven by the video you helpfully loaded.
2. Your revised claim that he was fined for spitting at a player is also a lie, he was not even charged with that.
3. He was charged with conduct unbecoming. This charge cannot be contested with evidence as it requires none. It could conceivably be contested in court in an expensive, distracting and complicated court case.
4. Paying the $1, 000 the best option available.It was probably a fair outcome anyway as it wasn't a good look, although players constantly spit on the ground because the mouthguards cause a build up of saliva

Allright for the record, and ignoring your fatally damaged credibility, for the sake of.leaving a record in the thread for rhise possibly not au fait with the matter.
1. He did not spit on a player as you claimed. This was proven by the video you helpfully loaded.
2. Your revised claim that he was fined for spitting at a player is also a lie, he was not even charged with that.
3. He was charged with conduct unbecoming. This charge cannot be contested with evidence as it requires none. It could conceivably be contested in court in an expensive, distracting and complicated court case.
4. Paying the $1, 000 the best option available.It was probably a fair outcome anyway as it wasn't a good look, although players constantly spit on the ground because the mouthguards cause a build up of saliva

1. He did spit at a player, he later claimed that he did not intend to spit at the player, not once did he ever defend his actions stating that it did not actually hit him, he accepted that he spat at the player.
2. This is a direct quote from the AFL website regarding the matter 'Toby Greene accepting his $1500 fine for spitting at Tiger Anthony Miles.

If he tried to fight the charge he risked a $2500 fine.

The Giants and Greene maintain there was no intent to spit at or on Miles, and given the serious implications and stigma attached to such a charge, the club considered appealing to clear the 21 year-old's name.'
3. See above, but on your point about it being contested, there is the opportunity to do so, as is mentioned above.
4. How often do players get charged for spitting at a player? Not often, because they don't do it. I'm sure in the years prior to this happening Toby Greene would've spat on the ground plenty of times, he clearly intended to spit at the player otherwise he would've looked down or to the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And furthermore, if you need more reason that this bloke deserves the hate he gets, I'd suggest you have a look at what he was charged for in 2014 by police. 'Toby Greene has been charged with intentionally causing serious injury, recklessly causing injury, affray, assault in company, assault by kicking, assault with a weapon, unlawful assault, making threats to inflict serious injury, being drunk in a public place and criminal damage.'

The guy is a scum bag.

Tom Swift was ours for several years.. so much so he left us to become a doctor when he was really on the verge of a consistent spot in the midfield. (He may not have stayed there, but he was next in line)

We have a couple now- of our best 22.
Masten, who in all fairness is a decent but unspectacular footballer who was never going to replace the midfielder we lost in the trade to get him. Can't fault his work ethic.

Josh Hill is another. Not as bad now, but he's been a solid contributor for us for a while, looks laconic at times but actually does a lot of work off the ball. Does kick some cheapies, which everyone sees- but the reality is that he has done the hard work prior to that. Can play small, but also a decent mark for his size.

And sitting outside our best 22 is Tom Lamb, who has been East Perths whipping boy since coming to the club. Starts this year with a horrible match, bounces back with 5 goals.. has a tonne of potential, just unsure as to whether he makes it.

1. He did spit at a player, he later claimed that he did not intend to spit at the player, not once did he ever defend his actions stating that it did not actually hit him, he accepted that he spat at the player.
2. This is a direct quote from the AFL website regarding the matter 'Toby Greene accepting his $1500 fine for spitting at Tiger Anthony Miles.

If he tried to fight the charge he risked a $2500 fine.

The Giants and Greene maintain there was no intent to spit at or on Miles, and given the serious implications and stigma attached to such a charge, the club considered appealing to clear the 21 year-old's name.'
3. See above, but on your point about it being contested, there is the opportunity to do so, as is mentioned above.
4. How often do players get charged for spitting at a player? Not often, because they don't do it. I'm sure in the years prior to this happening Toby Greene would've spat on the ground plenty of times, he clearly intended to spit at the player otherwise he would've looked down or to the side.
You make a statement and then disprove it in the rest of your text. I stated I did not intend my response to you as you clearly lack credibility. If you want credibility dont lie, its that simple. Now you're resorting to lots of meaningless txt to justify your position. No surprises there.

I'm guilty of bashing on Tom McDonald sometimes but in reality he is a very good player.

His brother however isn't ready for AFL still and genuinely struggles at the level. He is only 20 so could come good, but is a bit timid for my liking.

Not to encourage the bokon v dogs s**t fight but Toby Greene is a genuine scumbag. Go back to his comments regarding Greene in the jlt game v swans to see he isn't all there when discussing Toby.

On our side, Jake Stringer cops a lot of rubbish and character attacks. He's a high risk high reward player who battled through injury and personal issues last season as a 22 year old. Still kicked 40 goals and had his grand final moments. Would much rather stringer on our list than someone like Jordan de goey or Toby Greene

Tom Scully. He's had a poor run of form but when everyone is preemptively calling you disloyal for delaying contract talks, of course your form isn't going to be good. Played well on QBday despite the huge loss and his return game was also fantastic...

Oh wait, it isn't 2011. Fk you Tom Scully, will always be the number one flog of the competition in my eyes.
Lies to a dying president and doesn't even show any respect to the Dee's for helping develop him as a player. Should consider himself blessed to have worked with Bailey and Stynes, god bless them, rather than Mark Neeld.

And to answer the question of the OP seriously, probably Jesse Hogan. He got so much scrutiny last year for having a down season but the boy is 22. Was always gonna have down games and it's not like he lacked effort, goalkicking wasn't good but that's natural for some young key forwards. All part of the process.

Chad Wingard seems to cop a bit of hate and I don't understand why.
From other teams fans. If you're talking players getting hate from their own fans undeservedly, it's still Pittard. He's the measure for Port fans, if the person has a clue about football. If they get into being stuck 3 years ago thinking he burns the ball regularly or that he tries to do the crazy stuff for no reason, they don't understand football, so don't waste time trying to talk it with them.

From other teams fans. If you're talking players getting hate from their own fans undeservedly, it's still Pittard. He's the measure for Port fans, if the person has a clue about football. If they get into being stuck 3 years ago thinking he burns the ball regularly or that he tries to do the crazy stuff for no reason, they don't understand football, so don't waste time trying to talk it with them.
Actually I thought Pittard was one Port player that didn't cop much. I generally dont look at your list with envy frankly, but Pittard is one I'd think would fit nicely with us.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back