Preview Annual Len Hall Game, Fremantle vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange sense of peace....
I have seen what we can actually do and I expect us to keep doing it :)
Were the last 2 games an anomaly or is that the "real" deal??
I know that sides can get a run on after some stirring wins and take that as motivation going into other games.
The biggest difference I have noticed in the last 2 games is "belief"...We looked like we wanted to win and actually believed that we could.
I think this is a big factor, unlike last season where we mostly started looking like losers and played accordingly.
With all that in mind.......Us. Easily. Big Roo shooting coming up :)
Us by 28 points ;)

North have folded after halftime in most of their games this season. Our 3rd and 4th qtrs vs the doggies and Melbourne were awesome. We got a run of 5 and 7 goals to none. We also came from behind in both games to win.

I'm expecting a tight, fierce contest till half time and then we run over them in the 2nd half with a blistering 3rd qtr run of 10 goals to none.

Freo by 61 points.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is probably the most relaxing time to be a Freo fan. We've all of a sudden become a decent footy team again but at the same time there's bound to be ups and downs with a younger list.

If we lose, it's not the end of the world. It's not like we're winning anything this year.

If we win, it's just another step in the right direction.

As long as we keep competing and pumping game time* into the youf, it's all good.

*not code for thymosin

I have a strange sense of peace....
I have seen what we can actually do and I expect us to keep doing it :)
Were the last 2 games an anomaly or is that the "real" deal??
I know that sides can get a run on after some stirring wins and take that as motivation going into other games.
The biggest difference I have noticed in the last 2 games is "belief"...We looked like we wanted to win and actually believed that we could.
I think this is a big factor, unlike last season where we mostly started looking like losers and played accordingly.
With all that in mind.......Us. Easily. Big Roo shooting coming up :)
Us by 28 points ;)

I genuinely feel this as well. As long as we aren't thrashed by 10+ goals it can't be a horrid performance. I guess no expectation will generally lead to no disappointment but I think the expectation is being fulfilled at the moment at the selection table and with the continued experience with a newer and faster game plan that's a bit more promising.

Long story short it's probably a healthy mentality to have with a rebuilding list and a rebuilding structure.

North should come out breathing fire, backs against the wall type of performance, we need to be ready for it. Big opportunity to go 3-2. I would have never of expected that after the Port disaster. Should be a decent game! Hopefully we can sneak into the 8 by the end of the round.

Can't wait to see how we go tonight. First game in a long time that we're the favourites. As much as a loss won't destroy us (although a big loss might), a win is important for momentum. Just hoping we see that across the ground pressure from the first bounce, the Hills and Langdon running the ball more, and Logue, Tucker etc taking another step in their development. Expecting a win but not a huge margin - a big win would set us up well for the derby though.

We'll win and head into the derby with confidence

I'm pretty excited to see Tucker back in the side. I feel sad for Peel losing him though considering he's the only guy we dropped back there that's actually proving why they're AFL Listed.
Peel have a bye this week, we can always drop Tucker next week to keep meima happy :D

Talk of Higgins being a late out on the North Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back