Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

You already stated those facts, I didn't debate them at all, just stated 1 you lied about and included a glaring stat you chose not to include. You have like 3 different people saying your claims are silly, including a fellow cats fan. You are, as all evidence points towards, an out and out Goose.
Despite the evidence pointing to Selwood being the better player ... k. :thumbsu:

Nice slur too, you wouldn't have needed to use it had you paid a little more interest to the game.

You already stated those facts, I didn't debate them at all, just stated 1 you lied about and included a glaring stat you chose not to include. You have like 3 different people saying your claims are silly, including a fellow cats fan. You are, as all evidence points towards, an out and out Goose.

He is not a goose !
This is all opinion stuff generally no right and wrong in this until we get to the end of the season.

Martin, danger, selwood, Sloane have all been very good opinion separates them at this point we all know stats don't always show a players full contribution.

I think selwood and Sloane have different levels of value to their respective teams that elevate them beyond stats. 1% pressure acts, chasing positioning, courage, leadership.

Where Dangerfield and martin just have presence around the field can go forward contest draw opponents which opens the game up for others. That stuff doesn't go on the stats sheet and that's what forms peoples opinion just as much as the stats sheet. Which I rarely look at until after the game

He is not a goose !
This is all opinion stuff generally no right and wrong in this until we get to the end of the season.

Martin, danger, selwood, Sloane have all been very good opinion separates them at this point we all know stats don't always show a players full contribution.

I think selwood and Sloane have different levels of value to their respective teams that elevate them beyond stats. 1% pressure acts, chasing positioning, courage, leadership.

Where Dangerfield and martin just have presence around the field can go forward contest draw opponents which opens the game up for others. That stuff doesn't go on the stats sheet and that's what forms peoples opinion just as much as the stats sheet. Which I rarely look at until after the game
He isn't a goose for thinking Selwood is a better player, that's debatable and fwiw I rate Selwood higher than Martin. He is a goose for letting his bias get in the way of a honest discussion about comparing Martin as a top mid, choosing to leave out that he is a 30 disposal 2 goal mid. Also for comments such as
This seems to be the place where all of BigFooty's uneducated football observers congregate. I'll leave you blokes to it.
Which he then follows up by lying about stats. I mean c'mon, that's classic goose behaviour.

He isn't a goose for thinking Selwood is a better player, that's debatable and fwiw I rate Selwood higher than Martin. He is a goose for letting his bias get in the way of a honest discussion about comparing Martin as a top mid, choosing to leave out that he is a 30 disposal 2 goal mid. Also for comments such as

Which he then follows up by lying about stats. I mean c'mon, that's classic goose behaviour.

Lol well......

Why are you choosing to ignore your obvious errors instead electing to gloss back over the one statistic in which Martin has Selwood's measure?

• More disposals
  • More tackles
  • More goal assist
  • More contested possessions
  • More uncontested possessions
  • Vastly better disposal efficiency - 75% > 55%
  • More clearances
  • Equal inside 50's
  • More 1%ers
And all this in less time on the ground.

Let's give Martin;

• More goals
Still pales in comparison 'goose.'

If you want an adult conversation best you leaves the childish retorts behind. :thumbsu:
Selwood averages way higher handballs, funny how DE is so high with that

Martin so far has played 2-3 games under an injury cloud and 2 games in wet torrid conditions. Poor old duckwood has played in the perfect conditions of Etihad, lets see how his DE would go after 2 games in the pouring rain averaging more than 20 kicks per game.

He was in serious doubts to play last Monday to boot

Crown has been passed to danger and fyfe is fighting to get it back. Clear top 1-2 I still think fyfe is getting over the leg injury and working back to his best has been o.k this season without being brilliant just yet.
Depends how you see it, I didn't think Fyfe was ever not the best in 2015, he just was injured and Dangerfield took his game to the next level. I see Danger as having to prove he is better than Fyfe this year which he may do, we just look at it differently. I don't quite think Danger has hit the form Fyfe had in 2015, but this year will tell us more. Good to see there is no longer a clear standout aka, Ablett 09-14

Martin so far has played 2-3 games under an injury cloud and 2 games in wet torrid conditions. Poor old duckwood has played in the perfect conditions of Etihad, lets see how his DE would go after 2 games in the pouring rain averaging more than 20 kicks per game.

don't get distracted by Nakia's waffling, the comparison is to Dangerfield because them two are similar type players. Strong beasts who are explosive and can go forward and be dangerous. Selwood is a different kettle of fish, and happens to be one of the best wet weather players in the history of the game lol.

This continues to be your fall-back. Keep harping on about one meaningless statistic while glossing over the others which Selwood is comfortably superior, and that's despite not lying at all ... they were equal. :thumbsu:

More excuses.

This continues to be your fall-back. Keep harping on about one meaningless statistic while glossing over the others which Selwood is comfortably superior, and that's despite not lying at all ... they were equal. :thumbsu:
Silence Goose boy you've waffled on enough for one day, go take a nap.

Silence Goose boy you've waffled on enough for one day, go take a nap.
I'm not sure you're fit for these parts to be honest. Try Bay 13, that's more your style. :thumbsu:

Have a 'noice' day.

Depends how you see it, I didn't think Fyfe was ever not the best in 2015, he just was injured and Dangerfield took his game to the next level. I see Danger as having to prove he is better than Fyfe this year which he may do, we just look at it differently. I don't quite think Danger has hit the form Fyfe had in 2015, but this year will tell us more. Good to see there is no longer a clear standout aka, Ablett 09-14

I think ablett had Judd unfortunately west coast ruined his groin and shoulders and then carrying Carlton to finals finished those shoulders off. So Judd started much better but tailed off quicker where I think ablett held on a bit better to his peak until those 30's injuries hit.

The super elite mids are very close Fyfe & danger seem to be the headline act.

But as this discussion proves Selwood, Sloane, Martin, pendlbury are very much in high regard and on a good run of form could all easily end as no.1. I've thrown pendles in as I still think his best form is top two quality in the league a bit down currently.

Then the youngsters

Bontempelli, Merett, Cripps, Treloar, Neale, Oliver, Shiel to name just a few league is in good stead for the future as well anyone of these young guys could explode to and start a new convo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forget to mention that Selwood is also way ahead of Martin in playing for free kicks for head high tackles. Dusty doesnt need to play for free kicks he just brushes players aside like they are nothing. Dustin Martin is easily the equal of Selwood. Open your eyes up. And he didnt assault any women with chopsticks. Get your facts right.
If we are going to include big bad Dustin Martin and the chopsticks saga which turned out to be a idiot trying to gain attention for herself, why don't we include Joel Selwood actually endangering people lives and costing his club a sponsorship as a result?

don't get distracted by Nakia's waffling, the comparison is to Dangerfield because them two are similar type players. Strong beasts who are explosive and can go forward and be dangerous. Selwood is a different kettle of fish, and happens to be one of the best wet weather players in the history of the game lol.

Lol yeah of all the players I don't think selwood in the wet is a major worry efficiency wise.

Then also complains if he feels others attack him.
Completely oblivious to what he's doing.

I think ablett had Judd unfortunately west coast ruined his groin and shoulders and then carrying Carlton to finals finished those shoulders off. So Judd started much better but tailed off quicker where I think ablett held on a bit better to his peak until those 30's injuries hit.

The super elite mids are very close Fyfe & danger seem to be the headline act.

But as this discussion proves Selwood, Sloane, Martin, pendlbury are very much in high regard and on a good run of form could all easily end as no.1. I've thrown pendles in as I still think his best form is top two quality in the league a bit down currently.

Then the youngsters

Bontempelli, Merett, Cripps, Treloar, Neale, Oliver, Shiel to name just a few league is in good stead for the future as well anyone of these young guys could explode to and start a new convo
I've never seen a player have the speed, contested possessions, and ball skills combined as much as Ablett in his prime- the only thing stopping him from being complete was contested marking.

Danger is the most explosive but his kicking ability prevents him from being absolutely phenomenal, but it's almost like the "If Buddy was a great contested mark debate", if Danger had Pendlebury' footskills it would be game over.

Fyfe while less explosive is the best mark I've seen and better by foot (this is subjective but I'd have him above Danger/Martin yet below Ablett and Pendlebury). Fyfe is a very complete mid but his body may prevent him from having an all time career.

The one who i see as being the possible best mid in the future would be Bont. He shows Pendlebury poise and skills, glimpses of Fyfes marking, and that Selwood/Hodge will to win. He doesn't put up the numbers yet, but if he starts to average near 30, with the odd 38-40 possession game he will take the mantle.

the point being. Martin is nowhere near his peak and your writing him off

one-eyed confirmed.

onto ignore you go
When did I ever write him off? I simply suggested that there were other midfielders that were better.

If we are going to include big bad Dustin Martin and the chopsticks saga which turned out to be a idiot trying to gain attention for herself, why don't we include Joel Selwood actually endangering people lives and costing his club a sponsorship as a result?

I don

I don't care either way about either scenario to be frank.

Both actions incorrect and selwood hurt the club more. 127 in a 100 zone just not on although it happens I would say its not the first time someone was booked doing those speeds.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-geelong-tac-sponsorship-20170307-gusqam.html

The martin scenario he was coming straight from a music festival in stereosonic and was reported as such with the chopsticks to chill out with connors. Deano, Connors have some pretty good tails and were all pretty handy late night operators and some good america trips

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/a-...l/news-story/1d8f1b2199ce5de4c9b2f1dcf8724b46

So let's call it a draw and move on

Yes, you know, the one he cannot kick with
Wow. What a captivating statistic to know. I think Collingwood should sack him based on such a trivial piece of information.

Please, enlighten us with more. What is his handball conversion rate with his non preferred hand?

Two of those games were played in really bad wet conditions...start watching the games m8, and not watching stats
You mean the same conditions as the other 43 players who had better efficiency??

You mean the same conditions as the other 43 players who had better efficiency??

Yeah, and Dusty had the most metres gained...but that doesn't support your narrative does it?

Why are you so hung up about efficiency? You refuse to acknowledge how flawed the stat is. Dusty goes for high risk kicks. When he makes them, he opens the game up allowing us to score. When he doesn't we get an occasional turnover score against us.
I think it's great to take risks in footy. All the best teams do it. No one wins playing risk free footy. So players that take the biggest risks with their kicks will have a lower than expected DE. It's expected and not a blight on them. You seem to put a ridiculous amount of importance on the stat without any acknowledgement of its limitations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back