Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t.... Hope the poor bugger is okay.

Let's not freak out. This could be anything from home-sickness to something much, much more serious.

Speculation is pointless.
Pointless, but with such an ambiguous and vague statement also inevitable I'm afraid.

Hope he's alright, confident the club will support him as best they can

Personal issue is go enough .
FWIW I agree. It is enough for you, me & most other Freo supporters.
However there are waaaaayyy too many trolls out there these days who would prefer to speculate & just plain make s#!t up. Especially about footy players.
I have already had several texts from dickhead Egirls supporting mates saying that he is "on the gear" etc. Now I know that my idiot mates are not the only trolls out there & there will be plenty of that sort of stuff being thrown around. Is that in the best interests of the player, the club & his family?
Easier to just get the truth out there straight away & not feed the trolls in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

No-one is asking for a detailed health report on his father. Just information that will quash the inevitable speculation that will arise from such a vague statement from the club.
God knows there are enough trolls around without giving them even more fodder?
Just a simple "father with health issues" would not be intrusive to the father & immediately stops speculation.

Lets all remember that this about Harley, not us. If he has asked for privacy then he should be granted it and that includes us.

I'm just hoping Fyfe didn't give his missus one.

I all seriousness it is his business and if he wanted to share with the world he would. I just hope his and his families mental and physical health is in check

FWIW I agree. It is enough for you, me & most other Freo supporters.
However there are waaaaayyy too many trolls out there these days who would prefer to speculate & just plain make s#!t up. Especially about footy players.
I have already had several texts from dickhead Egirls supporting mates saying that he is "on the gear" etc. Now I know that my idiot mates are not the only trolls out there & there will be plenty of that sort of stuff being thrown around. Is that in the best interests of the player, the club & his family?
Easier to just get the truth out there straight away & not feed the trolls in my opinion.

The more you explain , the media going to make it more complicated .

Maybe its a family illness and Fremantle are sending a message to Jesse Hogan that "this is how a real club deals with these issues" after Jesse was only given a few days off to spend with his dying father.

That said, I am not privy to Jesse's situation, but just struck me as odd that whilst his old man was dying he was still in Melb playing footy until the last week or so. I wonder how much of that was pressure from Melbourne to stay vs Jesse wanting to keep busy.
Attempting to send signals to a sick prospective player via handling your currently down player isn't showing "how a real club deals with issues".

Genuine empathy and respect is how you do that.

Just hoping he doesn't request a trade back to a Melbourne based club at the end of the season, Freo did their due diligence regarding his wrist and are just now reaping the reward for support, would be unfair for them to do the surrogating just for another club to claim the services of Harley's undenying ability.

The best the club can do is support him throughout his issues until they're resolved.

Maybe its a family illness and Fremantle are sending a message to Jesse Hogan that "this is how a real club deals with these issues" after Jesse was only given a few days off to spend with his dying father.

That said, I am not privy to Jesse's situation, but just struck me as odd that whilst his old man was dying he was still in Melb playing footy until the last week or so. I wonder how much of that was pressure from Melbourne to stay vs Jesse wanting to keep busy.
Just stop. That s**t isn't needed.

equating the amount of likes someone has Is proportional to his dads health?
What a crazy world we live in at the moment
Glad I do t do social media, I reckon if I can go through life getting no likes at all i may live to a very old age?
Is that how it works?

Gave you a like mate!!!

That's a terrible and immature thing to do.

Sounds like it might mental illness to me. Apparently he wasn't to happy being drafted by freo, he's got some currency he can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Mate, while its been said already, there are so many things wrong with this post, please dont...

Some of these post suck,who care about your feeling , two young footballer dealing with personal issue more important than football and our need . Can we delete this thread .

I though it was a joke before this as there is no weblink to the information before this.

Some of these post are stuff it all ,who care about your feeling , two young footballer dealing with personal issue more important than football and our feeling . Can we delete this thread .

I though it was a joke before this as there is no weblink to the information before this.
It's on the AFL site

equating the amount of likes someone has Is proportional to his dads health?
What a crazy world we live in at the moment
Glad I do t do social media, I reckon if I can go through life getting no likes at all i may live to a very old age?
Is that how it works?

people don't "like" you just hanging out with the old man. He only has 2000 followers and 500 of them liked the photo, thats a 1/4 hit rate, including all current fremantle players on instagram. Join the dots.

Lets all remember that this about Harley, not us. If he has asked for privacy then he should be granted it and that includes us.
Whatever it is obviously Harley doesn't want it made public knowledge and that should be the end of it

Fremantle, like most other clubs these days, are pretty good with their player welfare and will be doing their best to help him through

How it plays out down the track is anyone's guess but I hate how these things become a plaything for public and media speculation. He's still a young kid, leave him be.

Hope he's going alright. Thinking about it from a "losing a player" angle doesn't feel right if he's dealing with something serious. It's just footy after all. Hope he pulls through with whatever it is he's struggling with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back