No Oppo Supporters 2017 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes we had a chance but he chose Essendon. He got away as we couldn't convince him to go with us.
No we didn't have a realistic chance. Yes, he could have chosen the Swans but at the time/his draft year I thought we were a 0% chance.

From my perspective, someone that was never going to come is not someone that got away.

That's like saying Brisbane had a chance with M. Murphy as a father son.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez if we had beaten Carlton and Collingwood we would be looking pretty good right now.

Only have ourselves to blame though.
As my Nanna used to say, "If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers.":p

Poor Cunningham! He's been improving week to week, and played his role in our revival, and now he is out for six weeks!

Poor buggar just can't seem to catch a break! :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm curious where people stand on Eddie's proposal ie: goals counted regardless if touched.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tak...n/news-story/5a8305d2b7084c713ac860b5d8430dd2
tumblr_nyp4i2C20J1v0rf59o1_500.gif

Couldn't stand to look at Daniher every week. Dead set face like a squashed crab

he's like one of about 15 blokes in the entire league that don't seem like massive idiots tbh

No, totally against it... it means that 'rushed behinds' would be own goals.
Wonderful solution to a problem that only exists in the minds of a handful of people.

I'm gonna bring shame to my family by backing Eddie on this one. The more simple the rulebook, the better for the game - last touch from the attacking team must be a kick - that's all you need.

I'm also against the deliberate out of bounds rule; it should either be a 'last-touch' rule or a throw-in every time - or maybe you could go 'last touch' between the 50 arcs, throw-in within them.

Any rules that take into account 'intent' need to go.

he's like one of about 15 blokes in the entire league that don't seem like massive idiots tbh

I'm gonna bring shame to my family by backing Eddie on this one. The more simple the rulebook, the better for the game - last touch from the attacking team must be a kick - that's all you need.

I'm also against the deliberate out of bounds rule; it should either be a 'last-touch' rule or a throw-in every time - or maybe you could go 'last touch' between the 50 arcs, throw-in within them.

How does Daniher not seem like a massive idiot? Had the biggest head on every ground he's played since he started, despite doing FA for the large majority of his career thus far.

I'm gonna bring shame to my family by backing Eddie on this one. The more simple the rule book, the better for the game - last touch from the attacking team must be a kick - that's all you need.

Okay J_Moore, family shame aside, what happens when the oppositions kicks from outside 50, the ball falls short but within the square but not a mark, and the player who picks the ball up is tackled over the line? Is that still a goal, because it is three plays on from the kick...

I really like your solution to the out of bounds rule. I agree that the 'intent' section needs to go. I like the last variation best, best ruckman still have a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back