Opinion Round 11 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurr is in the leadership group so its probably harder for ross to drop him. Can't remember the last time ross has dropped someone who was in it.

Not that being in the leadership group should count as automatic inclusion imo.
Totally agree. Only his intercept marking keeping in the side just. His kicking is poor and too slow to be used as a lock down on crumbing forwards like betts, Cameron, Garlett etc.

Hopefully the outs will be griffen Ibbo and Sheridan. RTB mentioned Tucker Weller & Blakely during his presser after the game V Crows so can't see him missing out. Hope Ryan gets his chance and RTB keeps getting games into the youngsters.

Don't know what to make of it these days, but Ibbo was named on the field last weekend but into the bottom 3 of the extended bench this weekend although so is Ryan who i'm hoping is going to replace him. On Spurr, I would rather he stay than Ibbo. He has his deficiencies but he is always 100% at the contest and will go when it's his turn and i can't say the same for Ibbo this year, he has been average.

Makes no difference where players are named. Soldo was named on Thursday at HFF for a sunday game, and was left out of the finalised side the on the Friday.
Except that Freo has not done this all season and all last season too. Some clubs do end up omitting a player on the ground but not Freo and almost every other team too.

Out: D.Pearce - where's PurpleDryYourEyes?
The club would be committed to getting him to 100 games, and I would prefer this being that 1 game to be honest. Get it out of the way. The club needs to move on from Pearce being best 22, but he needs to be recognized for his contribution. But I guess he has a season and a half to achieve it.

Pearce's son probably plays for the local team unless they move elsewhere post footy. He's played more games for Port than he has for Freo. Given he returned for family reasons a few weeks ago he still has ties to SA. Good chance he moves back after footy which would mean his son probably choses Port anyway.

I'll also add that he has the rest of the season and probably next to play this one game. There's around 5-6 I'd cut before him and we could lose one or two as well - that and he's contracted for next year. I'm happy to keep him on the list for the duration of his contract just to provide leadership at Peel and as player say 30+ that comes in when we have several injuries. I reckon he'll play that one game this year tbh.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing about Ibbotson is Hughes offers pretty much the same thing but is younger and cleaner with ball in hand. My buddy probably needs to move it a touch quicker but he hasn't even played 20 games yet and has good skills. I reckon it'll come with confidence. I posted earlier in the year I didn't expect Hughes to start the year but expected him to play 14-16 games. He's well on track, looking as if he belongs. With Ibbo underperforming I think it may be time to see if Hughes can step it up slightly and bring in another rebound option (Ryan).

Basically what I'm saying is forget Ryan is different to Ibbotson as Hughes should be able to fill his role.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back