Crowman32

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ADELAIDE
I know this has been discussed many times but i think its time to introduce brodie smith to the midfield. He was drafted as an explosive midfielder in 2010 and still we have not played him there. I know he has played good footy at half back and had concussion problems but to me its time to add something different to our midfield. He has that dangerfield explosiveness which he very capable of doing from clearances.

To me our midfield is too slow and has too many plodders, smith would add some much needed pace to it. Smith is already to easily tagged out of it on the half back line so if this happens why not throw him in the middle. Its time for brodie smith to go to that next level and be an elite midfielder. If it doesnt work put him back to defence but at least it gives us another option.

A midfield of brodie smith, sloane greenwood and the crouch brothers is not a bad start. Develop a tagger and put seedsman in smiths half back role. Time for douglas to be taken out of there and get some speed in there.

I would support this along with Kelly in there. Put Sloane to HBF or bring in Cheney or Doedee along with Seedsman

We need some new mixtures in the middle of the ground. Smith needs a new move and I think Seeds is actually a better 1 on 1 defender. Kelly would give us hardness and run. I would leave Laird where he is as we need some larger bodies

I would support this along with Kelly in there. Put Sloane to HBF or bring in Cheney or Doedee along with Seedsman

We need some new mixtures in the middle of the ground. Smith needs a new move and I think Seeds is actually a better 1 on 1 defender. Kelly would give us hardness and run. I would leave Laird where he is as we need some larger bodies
Kelly is not good enough to play midfield , he'd make too many errors

Would give 100% no doubt

Seedsman is the key to smith playing mid and making us less predictable

Would help give Sloane a chop out because they couldn't ignore smith and the damage he can do with his metres gained

Would also make smith better and more accountable

Would make us less predictable as stop smith at half back and stop crows IMO

Seedsman fit and in form is the key , he can play smiths role in defence without the target on his back

When was it he played in the midfield for a bit? Start of 2015? Looked in his element

Kelly is not good enough to play midfield , he'd make too many errors

Would give 100% no doubt

Seedsman is the key to smith playing mid and making us less predictable

Would help give Sloane a chop out because they couldn't ignore smith and the damage he can do with his metres gained

Would also make smith better and more accountable

Would make us less predictable as stop smith at half back and stop crows IMO

Seedsman fit and in form is the key , he can play smiths role in defence without the target on his back

Kelly is a perfect fit for our lock down player we so desperately need. Great defensive skills.

Personally i think we have three major problems

1 no pace in the midfield

2 no tagger

3 no elite kickers in defence to transition the ball quick (funny enough apart from smith - but think he could do more damage in midfield)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith is actually 190cm too.

The logically thing to do would be to have given it a crack some time this year right?

Yet we remain absolutely predictable and all that garbage about flexibility was all talk.

I distinctly remember talk about wanting many players with the ability to run through the midfield as that's what the coaching staff had identified as a differentiator of the WB in winning the premiership.

Complete and utter b#$l#->t.

We've blown out alot of sides this year as well, so I cannot understand why they wouldn't experiment in these scenarios.

Is this the most shortsighted, worried for their jobs, coaching panel ever?

Smith is actually 190cm too.

The logically thing to do would be to have given it a crack some time this year right?

Yet we remain absolutely predictable and all that garbage about flexibility was all talk.

I distinctly remember talk about wanting many players with the ability to run through the midfield as that's what the coaching staff had identified as a differentiator of the WB in winning the premiership.

Complete and utter b#$l#->t.

We've blown out alot of sides this year as well, so I cannot understand why they wouldn't experiment in these scenarios.

Is this the most shortsighted, worried for their jobs, coaching panel ever?
Smith now at half back is a waste of time. Against s**t teams that let him run free he dominates. If a decent oppostion coach doesn't let that happens he wasted back there and is not a good defender.

He needs to go into the midfield. I cannot understand what is the harm in trying it.

Personally i think we have three major problems

1 no pace in the midfield

2 no tagger

3 no elite kickers in defence to transition the ball quick (funny enough apart from smith - but think he could do more damage in midfield)

I think 1and 3 are definity major issues. The kicking is the worst in the afl, Laird included. Laird's chip kicks and blind shanks are just not damaging enough.

I think the problem is that our main defenders are just such bad kicks that we have set up with only one route out of defence, and that's through Laird. You shut that down, or force Laird to defend and it's panic stations. The panics spreads extremely quickly through our frail defence.

I don't necessarily think we need a full time tagger, but we need someone identified. But the even bigger problem is that the coaching staff will refuse to move away from their structure, so a tagger will never get a look in.

Smith now at half back is a waste of time. Against s**t teams that let him run free he dominates. If a decent oppostion coach doesn't let that happens he wasted back there and is not a good defender.

He needs to go into the midfield. I cannot understand what is the harm in trying it.

Fear of failure and coaching for their futures.

They are satisfied with mediocrity and under no circumstances do they want the spotlight on them for trying something remotely different it risky

You'd have to admit, as a midfield coach that you had gotten it wrong.

After watching our midfielders hand pass the ball to make it someone elses problem all match, it'd be a breath of fresh air to see him in the guts, or at the very worse, the wing

Personally I dont think he will cut it in the midfield. He is a bit soft and doesnt like the tough stuff. Totally outside. Wing or HBF is his position.
That's because he's been coached in ways to allow that and not been given roles where it's non negotiable

He wasn't soft in 2012 finals series in his second season

He's a 1st round draft pick as a mid , we don't have that type of blue chip on our list in there

Get him in there and get him going , at the least they will have to spend time on him rather than Sloane and Sloane may get off the chain

Feeling incredibly frustrated rigid thinking of our coaches

That's because he's been coached in ways to allow that and not been given roles where it's non negotiable

He wasn't soft in 2012 finals series in his second season

He's a 1st round draft pick as a mid , we don't have that type of blue chip on our list in there

Get him in there and get him going , at the least they will have to spend time on him rather than Sloane and Sloane may get off the chain

Feeling incredibly frustrated rigid thinking of our coaches

Normally teams tag sloane and have a player run with smith. I doubt if both are playing in the middle at the same time the will tag both therefore freeing up one or the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back