Autopsy Seen this before - Pies lose again

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what everyone was expecting with the outs we had.

Blair: I know everyone says it every week, but Brown has gone past him and if we are fit, he isn't even an Emergency, so i'd delist him.
Aish: I'd try to include him in a trade to the Crows for Lever, pick 6 and Aish. Fingers crossed they take it.
Fasolo: He needs a rest, that was his worst game for the year, i'd bring Kirby in for him for 2 weeks, give him a taste, even if he is too unfit, it should inspire him to get in shape for 2018.
Cox: I'd keep him as back up ruckman/forward and play we never use him.
Reid: Best game forward, makes me think recruit Lever to keep Reid forward is our best option now.
DeGoey: 70% mid, 30% forward.
Phillips: I think he is a fringe player when you get Pendlebury, Wells, Greenwood, Wills back.

I can handle the turnovers from Maynard, Langdon, Crisp. I love there attack on the ball, and more often than no they do good things.
Expected that margain before the game, and that first quarter really hurt us.
Sign bucks for 2 years and move on.

He was good, and perhaps I'm being unfair on him, but anytime I see him wince I dread the worst.

LETS F**K AISH AS HE THE WORST F**KING PLAYER TO EVER PLAY FOR F**KING COLLINGWOOD.

ANYONE ON THIS BOARD IS 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% Better

Dave, it's okay to express your disappointment in Aish's game. Try not to get worked up about it, though. He's been underwhelming (among a few others), but we'll see what he can do next year. :thumbsu:

In 2016 we came 12th in the AFL at the end of the season with 9 wins. I cannot see us winning either of the next 2 games against Geelong or Melbourne, respectively. If that does occur then we end up at best 13th on the ladder and so another year of decline. So how can anybody justify Buckley keeping his job after 6 years? Or does the club simply succumb to the orchestrated media campaign that Nathan is a good bloke who conducts good press conferences & apparently has thw players playing for him? Therefore he should be automatically be re-appointed not for 1 year as that would unfair but for at least 2, if not 3. I am totally mystified. Where is the logic? As the Gold Coast chairman put it so succinctly last week, it is all about wins versus losses! But what would I know.

Let's wait for the next 2 games to play out before making conclusions based on what is yet to happen in them.

Blair, Aish, Brown and Cox are so far off it oh my god
That's to the geniuses who think Cox can ruck, he doesn't have half the tank required to be a ruck. Nothing player.

Fasolo has been shithouse for a month now. What has happened?
Cox doesn't have the tank to ruck a full game at VFL level yet, so I'm not surprised he couldn't do it in the seniors.

I'm interested in the Cox haters. The options for ruck this week were? The big fella has a lot to learn yes but he has height, he'll fly into a pack, generally a good kick for goal, needs to work on not being pushed off the ball but definitely a really good back up option. Please remember some of our previous ruckman when comparing.
Guy Richards, Steve McKee, Chris Bryan, Chris Dawes was even rucking for a while and he could mark a beach ball with super glue on his hands.

Watched the game at my kids friends house........s**t coaching performance as far as I am concerned.

I hope Bucks says in the presser that he played Aish and Brown in the centre as education because that was a s**t coaching move if it wasn't.

Port is not a good team in case the usual suspects say that we got beaten by a better team.

P.S Cox is not up to it.....Langdon = No comment.

It was a typical Collingwood performance.A lot of effort,terrible skill errors,and no result at the end of the day.It's been like this for several years now.Will it ever change?If we keep the current coach,you'd have to say no.

So we just Tell Aish to stay in SA and Never Come Back to Collingwood as I am a better player then Aish

Take the day off to take a deep breath and admit he wasn't good today...

I wouldn't think Brown was expected to even play games this year. He's a tiny 19 year old, his body isn't ready.

Fasolo's bad games are disgusting and he has much more bad games than good games.

Aish is just consistently invisible at senior level, still haven't seen him play a good game for us.

But Bucks says the much more quicker and classy players in Kirby and Daicos jnr aren't ready then in the same breath plays Brown jnr whos body is tiny has no pace is a 35m kick and is really a Blair mk2 with better inside ability to extract, if we are being Honest.

I get i'm going early but the signs are all there of a battler at AFL level, if i was him I'd be hiring a sprinting coach over the summer because if he is to survive he is going t have to find a gear and some tricks.

Now that it's mathematically impossible to make the 8, I'm hoping that we would blood some recruits like Daicos and Kirby the next two rounds.

But knowing Buckleys selfishness knows no bounds, I wouldn't hold my breath.

This should be an interesting dissection. Something for everyone really, the optimists and the pessimists.

The game was gross, but the score was respectable, then we let it get a little less respectable. We had some good moments, but we never looked like winning the game. We were horrible with the ball in hand during the first half, we sharpened it up in the second half. Cox rucked well, he didn't do much else well. We avoided a blow out, but we conceded about 4-5 goals in the last two minutes of quarters. We tried to take the game on at times, but we simply weren't good enough. Reid looked good up forward, be looked light down back.

Not a surprising result, we could've been smashed if they were sharper, we could've caused an upset if we were sharper. Went pretty much to script.

I wish Hawthorn had really spudded up this year, we may have been able to prise Rioli off them. At present, our forward line is a shambles and never really looks threatening.

Howe has really dropped off second half of the year.

I'm pretty sure Port were close to full strength, so reality is we weren't too bad, but there is just something s**t about watching a team that wins the ball, and when they take it forward you are not excited in the slightest because you know it will likely be coming straight back through turnover or impotent (Blair and Fasolo and Reid and Moore when it hits the ground) forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm interested in the Cox haters. The options for ruck this week were? The big fella has a lot to learn yes but he has height, he'll fly into a pack, generally a good kick for goal, needs to work on not being pushed off the ball but definitely a really good back up option. Please remember some of our previous ruckman when comparing.
Guy Richards, Steve McKee, Chris Bryan, Chris Dawes was even rucking for a while and he could mark a beach ball with super glue on his hands.
I don't actually hate Cox but he is not a natural footballer, he has no impact on games for a bloke his size and is already at an age that indicates he will not significantly improve. darcy was a better ruck IMO.

In 2016 we came 12th in the AFL at the end of the season with 9 wins. I cannot see us winning either of the next 2 games against Geelong or Melbourne, respectively. If that does occur then we end up at best 13th on the ladder and so another year of decline. So how can anybody justify Buckley keeping his job after 6 years? Or does the club simply succumb to the orchestrated media campaign that Nathan is a good bloke who conducts good press conferences & apparently has thw players playing for him? Therefore he should be automatically be re-appointed not for 1 year as that would unfair but for at least 2, if not 3. I am totally mystified. Where is the logic? As the Gold Coast chairman put it so succinctly last week, it is all about wins versus losses! But what would I know.
You know more than the media, and the hierachy at CFC do.

I would like to see a bit of creativity in the next 2 weeks.

Id definitely be getting a game into Daicos and Kirby, and maybe give the older guys like Goldsack and Dunn a rest. Opportunity to play Moore back and maybe give Keeffe a crack.

Just give Aish the rest of the year in the guts and hope the penny drops. He always seems to play a bit outside at senior level, but inside at VFL level. Would also let Broomhead loose at senior level.

Dissapointed De Goey pretty much played exclusively forward today, and i would've got aggressive and thrown Howe up forward when we were on top in play.

Tristan Walker, Cameron Wood, Cameron Cloke, David Fanning...

We'll beat Geelong like we always do and lose to Melbourne like we always do.

9 and a half wins. Half a match improved on last season. That's gotta be worth a 1 year extension right?

Didn't think we would get within 5 goals of them with Grundy, Pendlebury, Wells, Greenwood & Varcoe not in the team.
We just managed that. Kind of a par performance really. Some good play mixed in with a fair bit of poor play.

We desperately need a key back/forward. There's some class lacking from a lot of our players as well.
Yep, this.

For mine, CLASS is what we are really lacking.

Our outs really hurt at the moment, and show up the lack of silk and speed we are trying to make up with grunt.

Lol.. I did exactly the same about the Ed and Darcy rumours.. it was some of my finest work. A passionate and lengthy dissertation masterpiece that took 10 minutes for me to tap out with my fat fingers... All for the joy of the mods closing the thread on me in the meantime. It's totally taken the wind out of my sails and kicked the soapbox out from under me.
Anyway.. long story short. Ed has form in those sort of matters.. if there's ANY truth to it then he should be sacked immediately. If only we had a board that could fullfill it's duties in that respect.
Yep.
Time for us to understand that CFC is nothing but a plaything for Ed to advance his career.
Time for a fresh, Ed free, start.

We'll beat Geelong like we always do and lose to Melbourne like we always do.

9 and a half wins. Half a match improved on last season. That's gotta be worth a 1 year extension right?

* off! It's gotta be 3 years! We just need to stick fat for just a little bit longer, because we're really really really really really close to something really really really special!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back