Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but i can't believe people are willing to ship off both our '17 & '18 firsts.
Don't get me wrong I would prefer Kelly over anyone in this draft, but not at that expense.

Lucosius, Rankin, King and others look like absolute guns, I know people have pointed out that we won't know for sure until next year but geez next year looks like a ripper crop.

Actually there is one player this year that has my attention, Aiden Bonar could be the best player in the draft. He's come off a knee reco, but playing well since he's returned.

What I'm trying to say is that, for a club half way through a rebuild, I don't think we should be spending more than one pick on a player.

Imagine if we got Bonar this year and Rankin next, maybe add Hopper to that mix amd a couple of depth players like Balic etc. JMO

PLEASE SOS DON'T SELL THE FARM

I can't see it not working, unless Weitering is against the idea.

Marking: tick
Kicking: tick
Tank: tick
Smarts: tick
Leadership: tick

What we haven't really seen yet, is aggression.
He has got it in him and maybe being injury free will take his mind of matters and allow him to play with more freedom.

If we are set for a launch on Lynch, I'd leave it at that and if we don't get him, so be it and we put the effort into developing Harry, Charlie and in turn, Ben.
Who knows what next year has in store also, if we retain our first? King? Lukocius?

FWIW - Weitering kicked 3 goals against the All Australian full back in R1..........

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but i can't believe people are willing to ship off both our '17 & '18 firsts.
Don't get me wrong I would prefer Kelly over anyone in this draft, but not at that expense.

Lucosius, Rankin, King and others look like absolute guns, I know people have pointed out that we won't know for sure until next year but geez next year looks like a ripper crop.

Actually there is one player this year that has my attention, Aiden Bonar could be the best player in the draft. He's come off a knee reco, but playing well since he's returned.

What I'm trying to say is that, for a club half way through a rebuild, I don't think we should be spending more than one pick on a player.

Imagine if we got Bonar this year and Rankin next, maybe add Hopper to that mix amd a couple of depth players like Balic etc. JMO

Josh Kelly is about to be announced on the wing of the AA side in a few weeks time. At age 23 he is LITERALLY one of the best mids in the whole competition. It doesnt matter how many kids we get in, three, four, six.. the chances are very very very slim of any of them being better than Kelly and he's only a kid himself.

Now do i think it will take two of our firsts??? No i dont. That would be way to much going off history. But would he still be worth it? Yes.

Carlton send Gibbs to Adelaide (nominated) for their 1st round (#17), 3rd round (#53) & Harrison Wigg.
Casboult exercises free agency and nets us 2nd round compensation (#21)
Carlton send 3rd round pick (#56) to Fremantle for Harley Balic.
Carlton send pick #17 (acquired by Adelaide) & 2018 1st round pick to GWS for Josh Kelly

Trade period wrap:
In: J.Kelly, H.Wigg, H.Balic, #53
Out: B.Gibbs, L.Casboult, #56, 2018 1st round pick

We go to draft with:
#3 -
#21 -
#38 -
#53 -
#74 -
I would rather trade pick 3 and 17 or 21 to get kelly and keep next years pick

yep, agree

Without wanting to sound vindictive I was never able to work out why he was on the list in the first place.
Because he's a giant and we love Giants.

And the AFL want to reach new markets as Kennelly, o'hAilpin and Pyke did for the spectators of Irish football, hurling and rugby respectively.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And Matty got to sit down and have a 3 hour convo with vice president Biden.

And he'll play second fiddle to Selwood, Danger, Guthrie, Duncan and a couple of others - much like he is doing at GWS.
If he comes to Carlton he'll team up with Cripps and play the role he is very good at - inside mid bull.
Yeah but they're all playing fiddles together in the top 4
I don't think they're going to go backwards just because he chose to go to them?
I might be wrong...

Yeah but they're all playing fiddles together in the top 4
I don't think they're going to go backwards just because he chose to go to them?
I might be wrong...

Might be worth remembering that Caddy left Geelong because he could not get a run as an inside mid.

Hopper would be nuts to go there - he'd be in exactly the same situation he is now......

Josh Kelly is about to be announced on the wing of the AA side in a few weeks time. At age 23 he is LITERALLY one of the best mids in the whole competition. It doesnt matter how many kids we get in, three, four, six.. the chances are very very very slim of any of them being better than Kelly and he's only a kid himself.

Now do i think it will take two of our firsts??? No i dont. That would be way to much going off history. But would he still be worth it? Yes.

I get all that but at what cost to our rebuild, when we can get players of his calibre in a year or two as FA. There's a system there that we can utilize to our benefit, why pay so much when we can get them for free? We don't need him right now as we aren't ready to zoom up the ladder into finals just yet.

Not unfair to say that on exposed form.
I've had a shot at Weitering because I see that he hasn't got the most out of himself......yet.
I think that may have come about for not being as ready as one may have been for the knocks that invariably come about.
Weitering is though an intelligent and practical individual. He'll 're-set' and get things right for next season........He's much too good not to.
I think sometimes we forget also that he is 195cm KPP what he has achieved so far in 2 years can't be denied.
On a side note
Will be interesting in 10 years time to compare him with jake lever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs NOT requested a trade to SA in his exit interview according to Talking footy.

Most likely see his contract out with us now.

Don't watch talking footy....is that Mclures (Sam) mail ?
Nah some guy they crossed to behind a news desk!

Only caught the last seconds of it honestly.

from memory, he didn't last year either

Yeah he did.

He asked the club to see if a mutual deal could be made so he could return home to SA.

Not exactly asking to be traded out but still close to the same thing!

Kelly is 22, same draft as Cripps. He's a jet, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back