Preview 1st Preliminary Final-Adelaide vs Geelong, Adelaide Oval Friday 22nd Sept 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, after the game last night Stewart didnt look that impeded by his hamstring. He seemed to be moving around well and was joking around with other players. That plus what Scott said makes me think he'll get up for the prelim (fingers remain crossed though).

IN: Lonergan, Cockatoo, C Guthrie

OUT: Stanley, Parsons, Parfitt

Tough on Stanley but i dont know how else we can get Lonergan in without him coming out. We need the height in our backline as we match up well on their forwards with Lonergan, Hendo and Taylor playing. But we cant get too tall as we need to keep the pace and thus the pressure up. Team balance seems to suggest Stanley will be the one to miss out. Parsons misses for Cocky and Guthrie for Parfitt, if Danger plays forward, Guthrie through the midfield will bring class and run. Parfitt will get there, but i trust Guthrie to stand up in a prelim final more than Parfitt.

Still want to see Thurlow for Zuthrie as well, but i acknowledge he played well last night so will probably play.

He's been the lowest possession getter the last 3 weeks. Seems pretty easy to understand to me...

I'm not anti Parsons at all, i think he will turn out alright for us, but Murdoch deserves a spot ahead of him at the moment.
Although i think you're right that cockatoo will likely play ahead of both
Parsons is playing a role up forward given our lack of options in this area. You don't then go and drop him from the side without a suitable replacement. His stats mightn't be all that flash but his intent and pressure is first class, and that's all the club asks.

Parsons is playing a role up forward given our lack of options in this area. You don't then go and drop him from the side without a suitable replacement. His stats mightn't be all that flash but his intent and pressure is first class, and that's all the club asks.

Cockatoo applies as much pressure and is better offensively. The hammy is the issue.

You would keep Stanley and go the extra tall? Be very interesting to see if Cam Guthrie is fit too (which seems possible) will be some big calls to make.
Im my eyes we cant Drop Stanley. Yes he missed a set shot but he took some big grabs when we nneded him to
In Cocky . Lonergan
Out Z Guthrie . Parsons

And Stewart dont make it bring in Ruggles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cockatoo applies as much pressure and is better offensively. The hammy is the issue.
Which is what I said. If they drop Parsons it will be for Cockatoo.

There is a difference between being confident and being a bitter arrogant person who wishes harm upon opposition players.
Alot of your fans seem to hate Geelong for no valid reason other than Danger wanted to go home. You would think after 2 years they would be over it considering you are apparently a better team without him ;)
When you live in a toilet like adelaide. All you have is footy. Danger leaving was for a lot of crows fans like their wife leaving them. It's all they have in their simple backward lives.

We need to play Blicavs in a full tagging role, not back up ruck. Him playing on Kennedy allowed him to negate him heavily, and due to Kennedy being so good at finding the ball and reading the play, he would have unintentionally taken Blicavs to the play allowing Blicavs to get more of the ball than he normally would if he wasn't tagging. This reason alone is why I want Stanley to play, that way Smith can still get a rest without Blicavs needing to ruck.

We saw how good the results were of this, he kept Kennedy to only 20 rather useless disposals whilst racking up 19 himself with a goal, he also layed a career high 14 tackles. Together along with Scooter they can really nullify some top quality mids, and allow more freedom to the rest of the mids.

That's fine. Was just saying we have 4 talls, not 3. I hope your match committee feels the same way as you. As you were.
Wouldn't think they'd be too concerned. Crows have beaten us once in the last 4 times. And we couldn't have played worse that night. And you managed to "flog us" by a whopping 21 points. And we didn't bother tagging Sloane. Wonder how you'll fare when Blicavs beats him like an ugly red headed step child on Friday night? Or when taylor actually plays back and destroys one of your overrated forwards?
Omg the salty tears I'll enjoy when danger kicks 7 goals as a permanent forward - which will happen due to the crows midfield being so shallow, that once scott selwood and Blicavs destroy Matt crouch and Sloane, we won't even need danger in the guts.

As you were...

When you live in a toilet like adelaide. All you have is footy. Danger leaving was for a lot of crows fans like their wife leaving them. It's all they have in their simple backward lives.
Strange thing is Port don't lose a lot of players.
Must be the fans. I can imagine them getting a bit over excited when they see players in the street. They like footy just a bit too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cocky must replace Parsons if he is 3/4 fit. Strikes fear into the defenders.
Cocky has played 1 game since round 14 hasn't he? Also, Krock was saying he might have had a setback with his hammy recovery.

Awfully big risk to be taking in the PF

We've beaten the Crows at AO before, so that isn't much of a concern for me. But I thought the last game we're they beat us, the team got intimated around the ball by the Crows physical pressure (like the Tiges did to us). It was a bad night for us where the second tier guys went missing again, not a new thing for the current Catters list. Sounds like Stewart might play, but we'll need some more speed against these guys. If Cockatoo is fit then he should play IMO.

No.. i was commenting on him and also blending in his possibly being less than 100%. Are you saying he should play if not fit?
No, obviously if his hammy is no good they won't play him. It will be pretty clear cut after a scan you would think. If there is no damage and it was just tightness then put him through a fitness test later in the week before making a decision.

On the bookies
Adelaide 1.42
Geelong 2.90

Money's on Adelaide. We're the underdog. And one thing geelong thrives under is the underdog tag. I'll happily wear it. We win when we are the underdog

Yep, I'm happy for everybody to pump Adelaide's tyres all week, really put the pressure on them.

It concerns me seeing some overconfidence creeping back onto this board, we all know how that ended last week. Gotta keep the lid on, we all know that our best is good enough, and seemingly the belief and mental strength to stand up is there. They need to do everything they can to replicate last weeks preparations, and that includes knowing that our backs are still against the wall.

Yep, I'm happy for everybody to pump Adelaide's tyres all week, really put the pressure on them.

It concerns me seeing some overconfidence creeping back onto this board, we all know how that ended last week. Gotta keep the lid on, we all know that our best is good enough, and seemingly the belief and mental strength to stand up is there. They need to do everything they can to replicate last weeks preparations, and that includes knowing that our backs are still against the wall.

Sorry - why do we need to keep a lid on it? We don't play or coach the cats. Newsflash - you're nothing more than an anonymous random on a internet chat site.

It concerns me seeing some overconfidence creeping back onto this board,.
I did say in the Sydney preview that this board would be back as arrogant and cocky as ever this week.

Sorry - why do we need to keep a lid on it? We don't play or coach the cats. Newsflash - you're nothing more than an anonymous random on a internet chat site.

The fortnight leading up to the Richmond game this board was 100% on an easy win. In a way it's all connected because the players were overconfident too. Both groups have hopefully learned from it.

Anything can happen next Friday, and Geelongs best will beat Adelaide, but there's no guarantees. Not sure why my comment annoyed you so much :huh:

Adelaide Oval

167 x 124 metres

Kardinia Park

170 x 115 metres

Not a big difference and we play the ground reasonably well. We have a 3-2 winning record and had won 3 in a row until the recent loss.

Our last 20 game v Adelaide: 14-6

LWLWWWWWLWWLWLWWWWWL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back