Afl and GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
why was the gws theme played after their goals , it was a Richmond h9me game after all?

Why was the gws theme played mmediately after the final siren and before yellow and black?

Why , oh why, oh why?

Tigers fans are a funny bunch.

Into a granny but all they can talk about is music and jerseys.

At least our whinges are a bit more on topic (read: upcoming reaming from the umps)

They probably played the Tigers anthem after each goal, but the roar drowned it out.
Also, the 2 hours of tigers cheerleading in the lead up by all media outlets more than made up for it.
Enjoy the week and forget about the peripheral crap, and focus on the perri-feral instead.

why was the gws theme played after their goals , it was a Richmond h9me game after all?

Why was the gws theme played mmediately after the final siren and before yellow and black?

Why , oh why, oh why?
I guess is it was to make up for the umps favouring Richmond

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We lost the free kick count, but we were favoured :drunk:
Evened up by umps in the end.
I think it was 10-2 Richmonds way in that 3rd quarter, incl the deliberate OOB and the Dusty Shaw holding debacle that led directly to 2 goals at least.

Why , oh why, oh why?

Let's get one thing straight. Finals are NOT home and away games. Depending on how things pan out, a team may find themselves playing on their home ground due to superior ladder ranking, capacity to draw a crowd, etc, but it was NOT a home game. I really wish people would understand this.

Why , oh why, oh why?
It actually wasn't a Richmond home game. The AFL runs finals and chose to stage it at the G, appropriately. After the game obviously a decision was made was us to go first because the Tiger celebrations would be loud and long, again appropriately.
These are really trivial things to focus on when your club just made the GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why , oh why, oh why?

You didn't notice the brass band we brought with us?

They were the ones playing after goals.

Same thing last week. Sometimes it was snippets from Big Big Sound, other times it was generic polka music, once or twice it was music from game of thrones.

Yesterday I think they stuck with big big sound.

Had nothing to do with the AFL or the MCG or anybody.

But hey, outnumbered 91,000 to 3,000 - you still heard us.

It seems that while they won't let you into the MCG with flares or glass bottles, or umbrellas, they will let you in with a trombone.:)

Last edited:
What sound does a Swan make, or a blue, or a bomber, or a Sun?
Therre was any sound for the swans. Just a GOAL! animation. Bombers if they used the same as the season they would had a fighter jet sound.
Suns proberly just use the first few bars of thier song

As said above, at the Adelaide game they played the little "Geelong" sound bite they use for home games. For finals, I guess the AFL allows the teams to play their thing (if they have it)

You didn't notice the brass band we brought with us?

They were the ones playing after goals.

Same thing last week. Sometimes it was snippets from Big Big Sound, other times it was generic polka music, once or twice it was music from game of thrones.

Yesterday I think they stuck with big big sound.

Had nothing to do with the AFL or the MCG or anybody.

But hey, outnumbered 91,000 to 3,000 - you still heard us.

It seems that while they won't let you into the MCG with flares or glass bottles, or umbrellas, they will let you in with a trombone.:)
It was recording over the loudspeaker as well.

Didnt realise they let the buskers into the ground.

Would it make the tiggy girls on here feel better if we whinge about the Geelong thing at AO?

Why , oh why, oh why?

A goal was kicked after the siren. Not sure why they had a bit of the song played, somebody at higher level obviously had a smart idea to even up the crowd noise or drown the booing or something. Really who gives a *, If I was in your shoes I'd have better things to be worried about.

The AFL is the home team for all finals - the 2 teams playing are there by invitation only.

Therefore the AFL determines ticket distribution, jumper colours, what is shown on the LED screens, and the noise pollution that is played after each goal, before the game and during the breaks.

Now you know who to blame when Gil and his mates have front row tickets and lifelong Tiger fans are at Punt Road watching the game on big screens.

Tigers fans are a funny bunch.

Into a granny but all they can talk about is music and jerseys.

At least our whinges are a bit more on topic (read: upcoming reaming from the umps)
To be fair plenty of Crows fans were more concerned with sticking the boot into Dangerfield than the fact you're actually playing the granny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back