• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course. Still struggle to believe that that was the best offer we could have gotten.

Speaks to the issues of football in QLD too that one club is so desperate that they turned pick 2 into Lachie Weller and the other turned a former pick 2 in to some average picks in a below average draft.

Schache is clearly in a very bad headspace. Unlike Stringer, Brisbane didn't broadcast the issues publicly, but imo there was a very strong compassionate element to the trade. Not "let him be close to Mummy", but "he is really going to be in a deep dark place if we don't get this done".

In those circumstances, you pretty much had to take what you got. It's less than he's probably worth....but it's not always about pure numbers on the screen.

Yeah it was.

The Lions take Picks 1, 15, 18, 40, 44, 52 to the draft. Plenty of points for the two likely Academy players, including Ballenden. Three first round picks still. Still got Cameron and kept three first round picks.

Schache's deal of 25 and 40 worked out to about a 13/14 pick.

20 + 25 (the second part of the Schache deal) was turned into another first rounder (Pick 15). Win / win.
Gotta hand it to you, you can spin anything. If someone suggested to you that Schache would have been traded for 25 and 40 a few hours ago you’d have posted a wall of text with the same quote repeated over and over again. Kudos to you for being so positive in the face of a s**t trade I guess.

I wasn't happy with the deal at first put using part of the deal (25) and turning it into pick 15 is not a terrible result IMO.

Not a great trade by us but hey life goes on and I'll still rock up to our off season training sessions and with bells on for our first game at the Gabba in 2018.

that's fire sale value. lions clearly think he has issues which they cant fix.

cloke, boyd and schache. dogs better beef up their welfare dept.
The biggest issue is gone and Libba's been read the riot act (coming back from holidays early to start pre-season early to show he's serious to make amends).
Plus Trengove coming in helps, very quality person if you read the Port board.

You would think a number 2 pick, 2 years ago who has played 25 games, every club would want him. But no club was really keen at all and doggies picked him up cheap. Kid must have some big deficiencies that weren't picked up prior to the draft 2 years ago.

crying in a meeting with the Tigers last week didnt help. he is emotionally unstable at this point

You would think a number 2 pick, 2 years ago who has played 25 games, every club would want him. But no club was really keen at all and doggies picked him up cheap. Kid must have some big deficiencies that weren't picked up prior to the draft 2 years ago.

Or they've only now been expressed now he's had two full years in the system, and he's had to come to terms with how big a step up AFL is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only positive thing to come out of this is that RoyLion may finally stop incessantly posting quotes in trade threads for weeks on end.

In terms of actual football though I'm genuinely shocked we actually did the trade for 25 and 40 but slightly ok with it as we've moved that pick to 15 using our second rounder.

Hope Schache can come good at home. Long road ahead for him now. Contracts mean nothing it seems.

I think the trade needed to be done at whatever cost for the kid. He seemed to be really struggling mentally up there. A mid teens would have been more on the money though.

Schache to Dogs for 25 and 40

FAIR and EQUAL

FAIR and EQUAL

FAIR and EQUAL

Roylion, Front and Centre!
Fair trade for the dogs.
25 & 40 ?
Seems a bargain for the Dogs. So much for "fair and equal" by Noble.
I’m glad that a FAIR AND EQUAL trade could be done in the end. Roylion will be very pleased.

It’s a shame we couldn’t negotiate this year BRAB.
Roylion post that pic again please
#FAIRandEQUAL will be trending all of 2018 on bf and twitter ha :p

They just gave up 2 second round picks for a player that was valued as a 3rd rounder. Their whole trade period has been a comedy.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

They have secured a FF and a FB, got rid of a bad influence on the playing group. Didnt kill like Essendon did but wasn't a fail.

Yeah it was.

The Lions take Picks 1, 15, 18, 40, 44, 52 to the draft. Plenty of points for the two likely Academy players, including Ballenden. Three first round picks still. Still got Cameron and kept three first round picks.

Schache's deal of 25 and 40 worked out to about a 13/14 pick.

20 + 25 (the second part of the Schache deal) was turned into another first rounder (Pick 15). Win / win.

Surely the biggest joke of a poster on Bigfooty. Scrambling points to justify your Lord Noble’s actions is sad. I’d bet you would take pick 13 ahead of 25 and 40 every day of the week.

Bit s**t all the people slamming Brisbane. To my eyes they helped a kid in a bit of crisis get back home where he needed to be. Sure they postured a bit to try and get a good deal but which club wouldn't? Fair play Brisbane, did the right thing, I reckon as a club you should be proud.

He bailed on the chance to play in the NEAFL grand final. After that he was gone no matter the price we recieved. I saw it as a betrayal of the club and so did management. Watching him play live he has a pea heart. Doesnt want body contact at all. Ballenden will be twice the player...

On SM-T530 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just puts Brisbane further behind the 8ball, should've been given a before first round PP last year IMO and now they've lost a recent no2 pick for stuff all, they definately should be getting one this year.

Gotta hand it to you, you can spin anything. If someone suggested to you that Schache would have been traded for 25 and 40 a few hours ago you’d have posted a wall of text with the same quote repeated over and over again.

The Pick 15 from Richmond was important and clearly Brisbane felt in was in their club's best interests to go through with both trades. Trade for 25 and 40 and ontrade 25 for 15. Two deals negotiated concurrently. 15 allowed the Lions to trade Cameron for 12 and stay in the first round with three draft picks. Schache goes home as was his preference. He gets his wish.

Also has the added benefit of taking Richmond out of the picture in bidding for Ballenden with 15. We might have to use 18, if a Richmond bid comes at 17, but still more likely we pick up two players before a bid comes for Ballenden. Maybe three if a Ballenden bid comes from another club after 17. I doubt the Bulldogs will now bid for Ballenden at Pick 20 with the addition of Schache.

Kudos to you for being so positive in the face of a s**t trade I guess.

Well we move on. I'm happy with Brisbane''s ending draft position. The Lions kept three first round draft picks and picked up a contracted Cameron. That largely compensates for losing a contracted Schache.

Without 25 (from Schache), 15 wouldn't have happened. That's why Brisbane agreed let 12 for Cameron and trade Schache. Three first round picks, Cameron and plenty of points for Academy players (e.g Ballenden) is reasonable.

Overall picture for the Lions:
In: Hodge, Cameron, Picks 15, 40, 44, 52
Out: Schache, Picks 12, 20, 43, 75

Would I liked it to be better than the above? Yeah sure. What club supporter wouldn't?

Back