Club Doctor Stripped of Licence to Practise

Remove this Banner Ad

That (alleged Fremantle) supporter came here to provoke and be a smartarse, and deserved to be told to pi** off! Unfortunately, we have enough idiots of our own and really don't need outsiders like that posting here.

Maybe but it's a long bow
Alleged ect
Franks already pointed out false flag in his opinion re alias
Maybe we might owe an apology as it could be related, but its too early to call imo

I'm sorry, how on Earth could anyone have predicted that the doctor would be suspended for something?

You guys would have whinged if Pert & Davoren were still there. Now you whinge because they haven't been replaced yet. You'd also whinge if we replaced them too quickly or without due process.

Whinge that we don’t recruit good staff from other clubs. Like Geelong, where this bloke came from.

I did try to tell you all how terrible he was for a long long time.

But you know....I received the usual response from all the armchair docs in here.

They'll spend less time on the injury list?
You do realise that having outside opinion on CFC's medical practises also makes you an armchair doc?

I did try to tell you all how terrible he was for a long long time.

But you know....I received the usual response from all the armchair docs in here.

?

Terrible in what sense of the word? Injury management, player welfare, or personality/behaviour? Something else? Perhaps some elaboration will help us understand why you are so right.

I assume you don’t know the actual circumstances of his suspension to draw the conclusion that your opinions have been vindicated. By all accounts it seems to be a conduct issue that has nothing to do with football or with Collingwood.

He was at Geelong during their premiership years so if he was as terrible as you claim then clearly the role of club doctor is not a very important one. Or you’re wrong.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/cl...e/news-story/a77a4c4d84161965408e5779c0c9295f

THE chief doctor at the Collingwood Football Club has been stripped of his medical licence.
According to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency website, Dr Chris Bradshaw has been “reprimanded”, with his registration status is “suspended”.

The AHPRA said that Bradshaw had been reprimanded in accordance with section 191(3)(c) of the National Law Act.

That section states that a performance and professional standards panel can caution or reprimand a practitioner if they “have an impairment” or have “behaved in a way that constitutes unsatisfactory professional performance or unprofessional conduct”.

The Herald Sun reported that Collingwood had been made aware of the situation.

“Chris will not be fulfilling his role as Collingwood physician in charge while this matter proceeds,” the Magpies said in a statement to the Herald Sun.

“Collingwood is not in a position to make any further comment.”

Greg Shuttleworth, Bradshaw’s deputy, is expected to step up into the role at Collingwood in the meantime.

Bradshaw joined the Pies in 2014 after eight seasons as Geelong’s senior doctor. He was also involved at Melbourne in the late ’80s and then spent over a decade at Richmond.

He has been based in recent years at the Corio Bay Sports Medicine Centre and the Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre.

aahhh... Suspended not stripped, big difference...whoever wrote that headline deserves suspension..

You do realise that having outside opinion on CFC's medical practises also makes you an armchair doc?
The Cwood club doctor has been suspended from practising medicine - the issue is NOT about the medical practices of the Cwood FC. These are two quite distinct issues.

Maybe but it's a long bow
Alleged ect
Franks already pointed out false flag in his opinion re alias
Maybe we might owe an apology as it could be related, but its too early to call imo
I'm pretty sure Frank was having a bit of fun with that post! I'm very sure nobody will be handing out an apology to the opposition supporter who we're discussing here. I never go near other club's boards (I simply couldn't be bothered), but from what I understand the mods are quite "trigger happy" when it comes to handing out bans to "intruders" who are trying to be smart. We're a pretty tolerant lot here, really!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need a lucum....

b08a0f3ac277d725bd6a3a2561b7caa6.jpg

When you say he was terrible,what do you mean exactly?

I had told a story a whole back about people whom I trust having been to see him for treatment/diagnosis. All came back thinking he was the worst doctor they had ever been to. In one instance, he couldn't even diagnose or treat an issue with a knee. That friend left and the very next doctor he saw, diagnosed and fixed the knee right away. That story alone was enough for me personally combined with all the issues our players were having to tell me all I needed to know.

Also made comment that seemed more focused on telling him how he works for Collingwood and big noting himself.

Terrible in what sense of the word? Injury management, player welfare, or personality/behaviour? Something else? Perhaps some elaboration will help us understand why you are so right.

I assume you don’t know the actual circumstances of his suspension to draw the conclusion that your opinions have been vindicated. By all accounts it seems to be a conduct issue that has nothing to do with football or with Collingwood.

He was at Geelong during their premiership years so if he was as terrible as you claim then clearly the role of club doctor is not a very important one. Or you’re wrong.

You know who else was at Geelong during their premiership years?...

Yep, except my armchair analysis comes with some anecdotes from real people!

I'm pretty sure Frank was having a bit of fun with that post! I'm very sure nobody will be handing out an apology to the opposition supporter who we're discussing here. I never go near other club's boards (I simply couldn't be bothered), but from what I understand the mods are quite "trigger happy" when it comes to handing out bans to "intruders" who are trying to be smart. We're a pretty tolerant lot here, really!!

Fair call
There are very precious boards

I had told a story a whole back about people whom I trust having been to see him for treatment/diagnosis. All came back thinking he was the worst doctor they had ever been to. In one instance, he couldn't even diagnose or treat an issue with a knee. That friend left and the very next doctor he saw, diagnosed and fixed the knee right away. That story alone was enough for me personally combined with all the issues our players were having to tell me all I needed to know.

Also made comment that seemed more focused on telling him how he works for Collingwood and big noting himself.

You know who else was at Geelong during their premiership years?...

!

Thanks, clearly I didn’t see that initial post.

Yes there were plenty at Geelong during those years. Including Dank

How funny the reaction on here, does anyone know why, I haven't seen anything that says why, but it must be bad because somehow Ed is involved in it somehow or was it Buck or the members caused it, someone did and it wasn't the Doctors fault it was the Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back