Club Doctor Stripped of Licence to Practise

Remove this Banner Ad

What a farce. What other club does this?!

Just another example of the "she'll be right" attitude that has plagued our club for years.
It’s November.

No worries, you sent it to me in a PM on 18/05/16.

I know people like to tell me I'm full of s**t or make stuff up or whatever but seriously, I call it as I see it and only pass on info that's given to me.

I mean, remember the pile on I copped for speculating that Jamie Elliott may never play again? Yet in interviews as recent as this year, Jamie himself said there was a chance he may never play again.

But you know...what do I know?

I had told a story a whole back about people whom I trust having been to see him for treatment/diagnosis. All came back thinking he was the worst doctor they had ever been to. In one instance, he couldn't even diagnose or treat an issue with a knee. That friend left and the very next doctor he saw, diagnosed and fixed the knee right away. That story alone was enough for me personally combined with all the issues our players were having to tell me all I needed to know.

Also made comment that seemed more focused on telling him how he works for Collingwood and big noting himself.

Fair enough.Thanks for the extra information.

I am aware of that, though you should probably pass on this info to every media outlet and the now 4 pages worth of BF discussion that link the doctor's suspension to the CFC.
I'm away for the long weekend - do not have the psychic energy to try and enlighten the media or my dear fellow BF posters from this tranquil rural setting

I have great regard for my dentist and my prostate doctor. I am quite glad that I keep these appointments distinct and that neither of them attempt to replicate the treatment provided by the other.

This matter seems unrelated to Collingwood. To be suspended it's likely something seriously unprofessional has been alleged and immediately suspension occurred because of the perceived risk of continued practice or a hearing been conducted and decision has been made. Not related to Collingwood and hopefully the parties involved haven't suffered too much. There is probably a much bigger issue here than what this means for Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people like to tell me I'm full of s**t or make stuff up or whatever but seriously, I call it as I see it and only pass on info that's given to me.

I mean, remember the pile on I copped for speculating that Jamie Elliott may never play again? Yet in interviews as recent as this year, Jamie himself said there was a chance he may never play again.

No offence Ed and I don't want to be too critical but judging the competence of a doctor by what some friends or family have experienced , whether it be positive or negative, isn't usually very accurate. I wouldn't use what you have heard to judge whether this doctor is good or not.

Likewise the stuff you posted on Elliott was a bit OTT and not based on good knowledge

It's likely what has occurred here will probably end up having nothing to do with this doctors professional competence. It's likely to be to do with inappropriate actions. So this matter won't likely tell us whether he was any good at his job but might tell us a few other things about him.

This matter seems unrelated to Collingwood. To be suspended it's likely something seriously unprofessional has been alleged and immediately suspension occurred because of the perceived risk of continued practice or a hearing been conducted and decision has been made. Not related to Collingwood and hopefully the parties involved haven't suffered too much. There is probably a much bigger issue here than what this means for Collingwood.
Which is why maybe this thread should be shut down

In one instance, he couldn't even diagnose or treat an issue with a knee. That friend left and the very next doctor he saw, diagnosed and fixed the knee right away.

That in itself doesn't mean much, unless it was a fairly simple, straightforward condition. If it was an acute injury with a definite MOI, it would be worrisome, but if it was a more general knee pain that had an insidious onset with vague symptoms, people are often unsure about contributing factors, and hence diagnosis is more difficult. The second Dr may have even been helped in their diagnosis by what the first Dr did and asked.

The worrying element over the previous few seasons has been the number of injuries that have occurred in the controlled environment of training, the number of players with repeat conditions (Cloke/Goldsack/Jolly with consistent patellar tendinopathy issues), injuries that have occurred in the gym, and the sheer length of absence of players (Freeman/Sinclair/Reid/Elliott/Wells).

Wells was a fairly resilient player at North, playing high double digit games in nearly all 14 seasons, apart from 2009, and then the 2014/15 seasons, when he had an unusual ankle ligament injury with an MOI that no one could figure out, followed by Achilles issues in 2015. Yet at Collingwood, he was back to minimal games with minor muscle strains. It's too easy too blame it all on turning up for the pre-season in less than ideal shape.

So far Bacquie, Girvan and Davoren have paid the price, with only slight improvement in injury.

Maybe the club should move heavan and earth to get Peter Brukner back in some capacity. After all, he is an expert in overuse injuries.

It's a bit different. In the case of Elliott, you freely admitted that you came to the conclusion that the medicos ruined his rehab and potentially his career based on you conducting a google search of his injury. It was armchair doctor work at it's finest.

Yeah, Jamie did say that there was a chance that he wouldn't play again. But he did play again, so who gets the credit for getting him back on the park?

You may recall I was similarly very concerned about Elliott, going so far as to say that without surgery the pars defect may affect him for the rest of his life. Sometime later, he opted for surgery. Even then, the efficacy of surgery in pars defects is questionable at best.

I pity the fool that gets injured at this club

mr-T.jpg

Ok, it seems the doctor is in a spot of bother, and we have another doctor at the club, so is it that really of a big problem for us, than it is for him.
Time to close the thread till a lot more facts or known one way or the other.

What about all the times you get stuff wrong?

What about all the times you get stuff wrong?

You referring to guesses/predictions? Or when I've been given info I"m passing on?

Because on the latter, it happens rarely.

On the former? Well, it's a prediction.

The Jamie Elliott thing was common sense. I read up on the injury. It's a really serious one.

It's a bit different. In the case of Elliott, you freely admitted that you came to the conclusion that the medicos ruined his rehab and potentially his career based on you conducting a google search of his injury. It was armchair doctor work at it's finest.

Yeah, Jamie did say that there was a chance that he wouldn't play again. But he did play again, so who gets the credit for getting him back on the park?

His body? Because yeah, as you said, my Googlefu suggested that the best rehab option for that injury is to do nothing. Given how long Jamie was carrying this problem, I'd like to think that continuing to play and train played a massive role in how long he carried it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back