Media Qox Sports Presents: The New Tockle (Episode 4 - Post #126)

Remove this Banner Ad

454461_f764ca065ea9573c1a79cfaf1f12e0a0.png

Welcome to the first edition of The Tockle.

The Filth Wizard and myself purchased The Tockle from Willo_ last season for a Vodka Cruiser and a free lesson on how to use a scissor lift in preparation for launching Qox Sports for the Season 25.
In it's simplest form this is a bunch of hits and misses from the Sweet FA from the last time we updated this thread to the next. So without any further fanfare I present to you,
The New and Improved Tockle.

Hits:

Season 25: 17 Years ago, the Sweet FA was born and is heading into a watermark season full of confidence with the league continuing to grow and become more and more popular.

Qox Sport Returns: Seriously, besides a Hawks Premiership and a Spookism Mobbs Medal, this could be the best thing that happens this season.
No, seriously.

Ant Bear 's World Tour: It was a bit hit and miss with the destinations, but if this net's just one successful rookie, then it's a fantastic effort and very worthwhile.

Misses:

Harolad getting nuked: Believe it or not, the league is a lot worse without Haro. He should have just stayed as a shitposter and never given the reigns of a club.

Dragons: An Italian Cruise Ship Captain is more visible and active than the lot running this club. S24 B&F held a few days before S25 started and was hosted by neither Captain, but someone who has actually left the club.

Ultra Spam: Making it to 100 posts in less than 24 hours of a match thread is nothing you should be proud of. Nonsensical posts, refusing to use the multi-quote function and general shitposting just does nothing for the match thread and needs to be kept in check.

The Filth Wizard had this to add...

I tend to agree with your hits spooks, even though they are very simplistic. It's a huge season, everybody likes a milestone and it's the league looking its freshest in history. The return of Qox Sports is also magnificent and has so far yielded much gold. Once we teach Noobz0r how to format it might be the biggest media juggernaut the league has seen. And Ant Bear's World Tour? So far, so good. If I may add:

The Gumbies: Credit has to go to Golumless and SM for finally pulling their fingers out. They hit the well heavily and pulled in a ton of rookies who for the most part look like they're easing in with... ease. We spent last week with them and it is the most active I think I've ever seen a Gumbies match thread. Now all that is really missing is a touch of class, I hope they've already started recruiting.

Legitimate Media: It's made a return across the board. Respected posters who have taken a break over the last season or so, maybe more, back in the saddle with actual Qooty based media and no garbage troll threads.

The EKA Race: Looking good spooks... there are many that look he goods so far and none seem to have embraced the guerrilla style of most of last seasons field.

As far as the misses go I tend to agree, within a parameter... clearly the league is better right now than it has been in a long time. It's probably because Haro is gone. However you can't deny Haro brought many good things to the league over his journey, the question is are we going to miss them? We'll see. Let's look at some more more misses:

The Dragons: Couldn't just leave it there mate, the problem is far deeper than you left it. It's getting harder and harder to look at my old team. They have a captain that is treading water, they've lost their best poster. Their three additions are a bloke they've had since trade week, a former Roy who could be anybody and Danoz, a player they only have because Hatchy1992 told the Hawks he was leaving us despite the fact he's made one post in the heritage match thread and that's it since six months ago. They need work and my biggest fear with them is they think they're ok.

The Tribunal: I'll be honest... Cloud_ hasn't stepped a foot wrong so far but the current incarnation of the tribunal is embarrassing. You either break a rule and get a punishment or you don't... this garbage of letting the committee decide a silly prank for a minor issue just makes it look like a farce. Avatar changes for a week? Give me strength. I just can't see what it adds. Does't help that the committee just don't look into it either.

Frankston Rover : Less about you, more about me but I miss him. Like me, it's his first season in a while with absolutely no official league or club business to take care of. I know he's active with the Warriors but I hope something is brewing inside of him... I hate to think of him as being defeated. The league needs a rant. It can't get too nice.​

Last edited:
Ultra Spam: Making it to 100 posts in less than 24 hours of a match thread is nothing you should be proud of. Nonsensical posts, refusing to use the multi-quote function and general shitposting just does nothing for the match thread and needs to be kept in check.
Dawn to Dark should read this

Much like how you never saw what lead up to this.

The S16 grand final? You might be mistaken, this is the Qox Sports thread that isn't a comprehensive and delightful walk down memory lane.

(also that was my first season, I remember very little of it).

The S16 grand final? You might be mistaken, this is the Qox Sports thread that isn't a comprehensive and delightful walk down memory lane.

(also that was my first season, I remember very little of it).

What I mean is, that was the season I kept our stats, and we actually had 24/24 people in match threads with over half managing an average of above 10 posts in it.

This is not the most active we've been, far from it.

What I mean is, that was the season I kept our stats, and we actually had 24/24 people in match threads with over half managing an average of above 10 posts in it.

This is not the most active we've been, far from it.

In fairness mate I never said that.

"...and it is the most active I think I've ever seen a Gumbies match thread". You've had a long time in the wilderness and nobody remembers the activity of a team ten seasons ago.

I'll be bloody honest, I didn't think I'd get pulled up for one of my "hits", by one of the subjects no less :D

"...and it is the most active I think I've ever seen a Gumbies match thread". You've had a long time in the wilderness and nobody remembers the activity of a team ten seasons ago.

I'll be bloody honest, I didn't think I'd get pulled up for one of my "hits", by one of the subjects no less :D

Pulled up, no, think of it like a memory aid since I was pretty sure you were there. :)

And I know, maybe I should invest in a neon sign...

It's almost as if he didn't read the OP...

Wait. I'm getting a case of deja vu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pulled up, no, think of it like a memory aid since I was pretty sure you were there. :)

And I know, maybe I should invest in a neon sign...

Dude, I was a baby back then.

Let's be honest, for all of the modern players, it's been a long time :)

Dude, I was a baby back then.

Let's be honest, for all of the modern players, it's been a long time :)

There's a disturbing image.

It's almost as if he didn't read the OP...

Wait. I'm getting a case of deja vu.

Untrue, outside of the deja vu as past me was known for being an idiot.

Qox Sport Returns: Seriously, besides a Hawks Premiership and a Spookism Mobbs Medal, this could be the best thing that happens this season.
No, seriously.
This is true Qrupert Murdoch stuff.

Qox Sports says that Qox Sports returning is good......you cannot write this s**t, yet somehow you did.......
I can see the headline now - "Qox Sport Sucks Own Qox"

(some of it has been pretty good, but definitely not this point. Self serving is the term that comes to mind)

Last edited:
This is true Qrupert Murdoch stuff.

Qox Sports says that Qox Sports returning is good......you cannot write this s**t, yet somehow you did.......
I can see the headline now - "Qox Sport Sucks Own Qox"

(some of it has been pretty good, but definitely not this point)

Have you noticed that you only have issues with spookism's work. The man who filled your shoes as Hawks ruckman.

Coincidence? You decide...

#takemehomecampaignerryroad

Have you noticed that you only have issues with spookism's work. The man who filled your shoes as Hawks ruckman.

Coincidence? You decide...

#takemehomecampaignerryroad
On the contrary, some of it is quite good. But if I see bullshit, I call it.

You think I only pick on spook? I like him. You're obviously not watching me too closely if you think that's the case. I've been at sportsmaniac and D2D the last couple of days.

I'm an equal opportunity abuser. I think you're looking for things that just aren't there.

On the contrary, some of it is quite good. But if I see bullshit, I call it.

You think I only pick on spook? I like him. You're obviously not watching me too closely if you think that's the case. I've been at sportsmaniac and D2D the last couple of days.

I'm an equal opportunity abuser. I think you're looking for things that just aren't there.

First I heard sportsmaniac and D2D were part of Qox Sports :rolleyes:

I mean, man, gee. I'm always at those guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back