Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Richmond (R2 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate we lost one game. Yes it sucks, and we’re all still hurting. I’m sure those inside the club are desperate to make amends.

All they can do is continue to get better and have another crack. The other option is to give up and go home.

Or, we could simply assess people on their results when it matters rather than frothing over their minor round performances.

This is precisely why we never change anything.

giphy.gif

Our depth just beat yours by 95pts so yeah I think we’re happy with ours thanks.
Lol, much of our depth was playing against the reigning premiers... but I guess sanfl wins against us is the only joy you can get these days. ;)

Or, we could simply assess people on their results when it matters rather than frothing over their minor round performances.

So our 2 previous finals performances meant nothing??

What do you think it means?
I think it means we played extremely well on those 2 nights, and ran into a very hungry side suited to the G who played at the top of their game.

It's worth noting we had no fit player on the bench in the 2nd half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our depth just beat yours by 95pts so yeah I think we’re happy with ours thanks.
You finally get the courage to come back on here and you post something as cringeworthy as this?

To give you a clue, how many injuries on your list and how about us?

Pyke can be the best couch in the world but if players dont perform, u will get the same result. Does anybody think he didnt try to make changes in the gf? The players weren't switched on and he was helpless

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe it's the way he puts it across, He is a pretty cluey guy it may take a bit of explaining to get his ideas understood. That added to the pressure of the GF. Don't get me wrong I think he is an excellent coach. He may just need somebody to translate. And that is the job of the line coach's.

It's a bit rich to praise the coach for his adaptability for working out how to beat a game plan only after losing a grand final to it. Like, honestly, who cares?
I care.
If the players had enacted the game plan and not been so disunited the GF result might have been different.
Having lost that match, what's Pyke supposed to do? Give up, and whinge about losing the GF like you are 6 months later?
No.
To his credit he formulated a plan to beat Richmond on Thursday night which included toughness, winning the contested ball and high possession execution, none of which the players used on GF day.
We lost the 2017 GF. Get over it, since no amount of bleating will change the result.

What’s the replay for the third time last night...

Doedee looks like he’s been playing at afl level in the crows 22 for about three years... not two games.. I don’t think he’s going to be a superstar, he may never be an AA, but he’s just gonna become a solid reliable backman for the club for decade to come and he won’t let the team down very often at all..

Hartigan.. I was harsh on him during the game and was pulled up on it by a couple here in the bigfooty game day thread.. he did play better than I gave him credit for but f*ck me he is a hopeless kick of the footy. The only time you feel comfortable watching him is when he just kicks long down the boundary line.. any other time and it normally always ends in disaster. Still would rather Keath, when healthy, takes Hartigan’s spot..

CEY.. he’s building... getting better every week and if he can pull it together his strong body will be very handy. When b and m Crouch get back in a month or two if CEY is still putting in I’d rather he holds a spot in front of Atkins or Mackay at this point..

Atkins... I thought he maybe should’ve been dropped mid last season... now I think he should definately should be in the seconds.. send him back there to find some form. He’s our worst on ground at present.. would rather see poholke, Gibson if fit, Gallucci in before Atkins at the moment.

Greenwood... I thought before the game he wasn’t gonna be fit enough.. I thought wrong.

Eddie and gov are struggling.. gov more.. but they’ll both come good sooner rather than later. Would like to see gov trialed down at half back for a bit.

I can’t beleive Fogarty and nank were sighted for their indescretions but golden boy Martin wasn’t for his blatant hip and shoulder into the back of brown... it was the most blatant and dangerous of all three and could’ve really hurt Brown.. it was a dog act that in the end it didn’t even give away a free kick.
Greenwood... I was splendidly wrong also!

Here’s to all of us being wrong about him for all the right reasons all season long!!!

What's important is Pyke is implementing different strategies, so hopefully for our next grand final we won't be as predictable for the opposition... or we could keep complaining about the GF loss & looking backwards.
I know right, like we are the first team too ever lose a GF. People need to realise that sometime the better team just loses on the day.

Dude I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but you’re badly losing all of these arguments. Bow out and Re group. Come back and fight it another day, cause you are just digging yourself in deeper with every comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back