Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Richmond (R2 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, we were the form team but we were hit with some key injuries at the worst time whereas they had basically a clean bill of health for their best 22.

If you compare the wins/losses for both the Crows and Tigers, you may be surprised that the Tigers and us both lost 7 games.

Tigers however, lost 4 games by less than 10pts. ie. They were basically in a position to win almost every game in 2017 bar 2.

Losing Smith and Gov hurt us, but Im not convinced their presence would have made the difference. The team was mentally shot before the game. Couple that with some dubious umpiring decisions, Cotchin getting off and the Tigers playing all their games at the G and goes a long way to explaining why we lost on GF day.

All that stuff you just put down is reason I would have thought that we saw some big tactical changes at times on grand final day. I’ve never watched even a second of a replay but watching live I saw very little. Pyke rightly made changes on Thursday night and has been praised by some posters but surely it is easy to see why some posters wonder why similar changes weren’t evident on grand final day.
I reckon on Thursday, and now, we have a bit more flexibility in the side. Our selections on GF were wrong, and when the injuries hit during the game we had little room for error.

Having a smaller, more mobile lineup somewhat through necessity has helped

I reckon on Thursday, and now, we have a bit more flexibility in the side. Our selections on GF were wrong, and when the injuries hit during the game we had little room for error.

I couldn't agree more with this part. Another forward who couldn't get off the ground to contest was a really odd decision, not just in hindsight.

The team was mentally shot before the game. Couple that with some dubious umpiring decisions, Cotchin getting off and the Tigers playing all their games at the G and goes a long way to explaining why we lost on GF day.
This, for sure.
Also, DM was an inspiration --- he re-signed with them, won the Brownlow and MVP. I'm sure they lifted for that and the reasons you mentioned.

LOL
... and "a nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse", or any other obscurity.
:D:D <== you were being funny, right? Mission accomplished.

No? You're a skyscraper of a poster now?
Apt.
Skyscrapers can't take defensive action when a pigeon flies into them, because they're immovable and don't think.
Try to show me or argue-with-examples where I'm wrong, mate. This is a Forum, not "do-you-know-any-sayings?".

Generally speaking, I'll respond to substance where there is some. If you're not getting anyone willing to talk to you in depth maybe connect the dots.

If you compare the wins/losses for both the Crows and Tigers, you may be surprised that the Tigers and us both lost 7 games.

Tigers however, lost 4 games by less than 10pts. ie. They were basically in a position to win almost every game in 2017 bar 2.

Losing Smith and Gov hurt us, but Im not convinced their presence would have made the difference. The team was mentally shot before the game. Couple that with some dubious umpiring decisions, Cotchin getting off and the Tigers playing all their games at the G and goes a long way to explaining why we lost on GF day.

I think Smith and Gov would have made a huge difference.

but it wasn't just those two players, we had a number of players going into that final carrying injuries, they didn't.

They may have lost 4 games by less than 10 points, but how many games did they scrape over the line in?

The selectors were arrogant imo. We had plenty of opportunities to trial a few more players during the year especially at home and we didnt.

So when we lost players for the GF, it was one of several reasons why we had our pants firmly placed down.

The selectors were arrogant imo. We had plenty of opportunities to trial a few more players during the year especially at home and we didnt.

So when we lost players for the GF, it was one of several reasons why we had our pants firmly placed down.

Our selectors have been making that same mistake for years.

It won't be any different this year.

It's a mindset that will only change if we change the personnel .

Our selectors have been making that same mistake for years.

It won't be any different this year.

It's a mindset that will only change if we change the personnel .

I admit 400kay has been ok this year, but so many times last year the guy should have been dropped and yet still keeps his place.

I admit 400kay has been ok this year, but so many times last year the guy should have been dropped and yet still keeps his place.

He has been ok, nothing special, so far.. but it's two rounds in.

I'm not prepared to say his form line has changed just yet.

Even with his 'decent' play currently, he'd be the #2 player I'd drop from our midfield if we get some other players back, #1 being Atkins.

Watching the game again. Some of Seedsman’s second efforts were great, he fumbled a few and kept at it getting enough of a hand on the pill to kill the ball before it could get taken cleanly.
His best game for us for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's something to be said for consistency, but we've heard Pyke already say this year we need a deeper squad we can go to. We will probably play 30 players in the first 6 games including 2 debutants.

Sure if you paid no attention to their season, and particularly the last 1/3rd then I can see how you’d think that.

They were the form team coming into finals and they swept all before them including us

I thought Sydney was. Bloody glad when they fell over.
I Didn’t take Richmond seriously like our players unfortunately. :(

I thought Sydney was. Bloody glad when they fell over.
I Didn’t take Richmond seriously like our players unfortunately. :(
Richmond were always going to be dangerous playing all their finals at their home ground. People just expected them to do what they normally do, and they didn't.

Ch 9 Footy Show twits are whingeing that an AFL coach shouldn't have to walk through the crowd after the game (re Hardwick and Crows fan).
I thought there was a way he could go out undercover, takes a minute longer?
Can anyone confirm please?
They mentioned on one of the shows this morning that there is only one way at Adelaide Oval, which is through the crowd. Other stadiums have the option of a lift.

They mentioned on one of the shows this morning that there is only one way at Adelaide Oval, which is through the crowd. Other stadiums have the option of a lift.

I thought you could go down behind the seating but it takes a couple of mins extra?

Hardwick just needs to HTFU.

The players sing
We’re the pride of South Australia
We’re the mighty Adelaide Crows.”

No body likes the alternative version
Why the hell are we persisting with this shitty “We’re known as” crap.

I think you need to take into account that Richmond had by far the easier draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back