Toast Travis Boak - Captain Courageous

Remove this Banner Ad

To me Trav epitomises everything I love about this. Hard working, loyal and a great person. I think he deserves 1 more year. With Rockliff in to take some pressure of him, I can see Trav getting back to his best.
Agreed. With the new experienced guys coming in, imo Travis needs to be the captain.

Link to the blokes Boak has worked with in Phoenix. Lots of Olympic sprinters, hurdlers, jumpers - guys and girls that need power, explosive acceleration, speed and technique, work with these guys listed below.

https://360.altis.world/

https://altis.world/about/

http://www.hettlerperformance.com/

Explanation of the Wickets Run Boaky was doing and how it helps running technique.

Travis doing the right things and working on his running form, which is what wicket runs are all about :) From your SpeedEndurance thread:

3. Work on your running form

Salazar, who in his prime ran like an old man squatting down on the toilet, spent a lot of time tinkering with Ritzenhein’s running form after the two began working together in 2010. The reason was that Ritzenhein, a heel striker, was overstriding and essentially hitting the brakes every time his foot struck the ground, sending severe impact forces throughout his body, which contributed to multiple stress-related overuse injuries. The rationale behind getting him to become a midfoot striker was to land more under his center of gravity, thus reducing the severity of the impact forces radiating throughout his body with each stride.

Did it work? Sort of. Ritzenhein hasn’t been totally injury-free since falling under Salazar’s watchful eye, but he’s now landing noticeably lighter on his midfoot, running with a more relaxed gait and has improved his efficiency over longer distances.

Key points: 1. Land lightly 2. Relax 3. Move forward

A good way to practice the three points described above is to incorporate form-specific drills such as high knees, butt kicks, skips and bounding into your training two to three times per week. Also, learn how to sprint.

Relinquishing the captaincy isn't going to magically return lost form.

Travis is a strong leader who expects the best from those around him and spends his own off-season making himself the best athlete he can be.

His teammates will be inspired by his actions and hopefully he will return with some good training exercises for the group.

The captain needs to be a leader, not the best player on the field and I believe Travis is the best option pafc has.

Relinquishing the captaincy isn't going to magically return lost form.

Travis is a strong leader who expects the best from those around him and spends his own off-season making himself the best athlete he can be.

His teammates will be inspired by his actions and hopefully he will return with some good training exercises for the group.

The captain needs to be a leader, not the best player on the field and I believe Travis is the best option pafc has.
Totally agree .. Love Wines, but he is not ready yet IMO

Last edited:
450943_c71df4895a8abf65e5f5bb88397ad1f9.jpg

Is that one of Greg Phillips's old lace-ups in the foreground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back