Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should agree to disagree on that. Swans seem to do well at kp with umpiring. The Papley dive last year is permanently seared into my memory as just one example. Kennedy consistently dropping or throwing the ball today when tackled. Hopefully the cats get reverse treatment at scg.

I still think the swans deserved the win...the cats just ran out of steam thanks to lack of rotations in the end.
25-17 count today, Heeney not paid the mark was a shocking decision, I could list others. We shall agree to disagreee.

Players drop the ball all the time. Danger does it all the time, never gets pinged.

The return game should be a ripper. Geelong, like the Swans, just refuse to drop and rebuild. That’s why I respect Geelong.

25-17 count today, Heeney not paid the mark was a shocking decision, I could list others. We shall agree to disagreee.

Players drop the ball all the time. Danger does it all the time, never gets pinged.

The return game should be a ripper. Geelong, like the Swans, just refuse to drop and rebuild. That’s why I respect Geelong.
3rd goal umpire helped you a fair bit today

Just a question that goal in the 3rd did they actually show conclusive evidence that it was a goal? Sorry I was at the game and didn’t see it properly.

If Stanley is selected ahead of Smith again this year I will scream.

Not going to say much else until I take a closer look and see what happened in the last quarter, that was just bizarre.

Sydney are a better TEAM without buddy, they actually look for other targets.

It’s very lineball and circumstantial our season so far.

We could honestly right now without such horrible injury luck and a 0.1% change of good fortune be sitting 6-0 and on top of the ladder. The hawthorn game with a key defender n Roughead we would have won, we would have beaten west coast if we had just a fit bench to run out with, and today we had 8 of our best 23 missing and still went into that last quarter with a 22 point lead.

The season is not all doom and gloom. We need a lot to go right from here, it is still resurrectable

I am sorry, but the umpiring went your way most of the day. Stevic hates us, has done for years.

We have quite a long injury list as well.

We always have great contests down there, this one was no exception.

We played 6 sub-10 gamers, a sure sign of a team struggling with injuries. But full credit to the Swans - they always turn up. I figured earlier in the week that Franklin out was going to be a blessing and we'd go down by a few points in a tight one.

See you in Coat Hanger City in a few months ;)

Cmon DB......you’ve never been one to complain about things like the umpires....don’t start now.

Just a question that goal in the 3rd did they actually show conclusive evidence that it was a goal? Sorry I was at the game and didn’t see it properly.

Nope, the commentators where dumbfounded how they came to that call and overrided the umpires call. Was clearly goal umpires call of a behind.

It’s very lineball and circumstantial our season so far.

We could honestly right now without such horrible injury luck and a 0.1% change of good fortune be sitting 6-0 and on top of the ladder. The hawthorn game with a key defender n Roughead we would have won, we would have beaten west coast if we had just a fit bench to run out with, and today we had 8 of our best 23 missing and still went into that last quarter with a 22 point lead.

The season is not all doom and gloom. We need a lot to go right from here, it is still resurrectable
Too many injuries it’ll be the year of kids development

I’ve lost all hope we can pinch it this year , too much is going against us for us to be fully fit and firing for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 straight years we've lost to Swans on our home deck.
They love that ground. It suits their pressure play . Put them on the G and they are not as good. Hawks, their bogey team, will possibly beat them again in 2 weeks.
As said during the week, and that was BEFORE Parfitt was out, who wants to play Swans the week after a loss when their future has been questioned all week; and our team is currently playing with not a bottom 6, but a bottom 12, and we are going to be inconsistent. And when our elite mids are beaten in contested possession , we don't deserve to win. Yet we still beat them convincingly for 2Q.
That is not being outcoached- it is clearly being outgunned by a superior team over the 4Q

The bigger issue is that we were 22 points up, and yet again, got lazy and didn’t bother sustaining the workrate that got us into that position in the first place.
You say lazy and there probably is some of that. Bluey on Krock rightly made the point post game we have young bodies that are simply cooked with fewer rotations 6 weeks running and whilst they can spurt in and out of games they can’t give consistent 4Q performances and especially late when they’re cooked.

It’s got to be wearing us down by now.

Why drop when you can just then like Carlton claim you’re on your first rebuild 15 years in :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back