Preview Changes: R9 v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

You can support the team that is sent out while criticizing the administration that is responsible for the current state of that team.

Ultimately, I can understand the club persisting with what it has personnel wise in the short term, the proof will be whether there is a independent review and what kind of transparency there is around the issues with the fitness program at an appropriate time.

Personally, I feel like we 6 months ago we were one game away from the ultimate prize and now we are looking at a lost year that could mean the current group of players don't achieve what they could've and there needs to be accountability for that.

I think about my own job - I manage projects and work as an analyst - and if I mismanaged a project or provided analytical insight that was so poor that it resulted in a delay of 1+ years and significant cost or the loss of a major contract, I would fully expect my job would be at risk.
Fair point same with my job but why is everyone assuming the year is over... last time i looked its only rd 9 and we are 4th with all the injuries. Maybe i havent given up.

As for all the transparency i dont care as long as they fix it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Wasn’t that Sandos second year when he wanted us beefed up?
It was

Nick had us pulling sleds and lifting extra weights. He did rectify the situation mind you. Reality is a good fitness program can have immediate results, but as we are seeing, so can a bad one.

So including the four emergencies with the six remaining uninjured players not listed, we have:

2x key position players (Himmelberg, Dear)
2x mid-size defender (Cheney, Davis (I think?))
1x ruckman (O'Brien)
5x midfielders (Hampton, Wilson, Signorello, Edwards, , Jarman)

At least our remaining players are spread well across the ground. Kinda looks like an AFLX team!

It was

Nick had us pulling sleds and lifting extra weights. He did rectify the situation mind you. Reality is a good fitness program can have immediate results, but as we are seeing, so can a bad one.
Dont mention sleds :(

I've forgotten, what's the reason Poulos left again? Was he given the boot, or did he want to go?

I remember meeting him once as part of a research project and found him to be very impressive. He was very switched on and seemed (from my admittedly ignorant viewpoint) to know his stuff.
He was always going to back to his favoured sport, but he was pushed a bit quicker than he should have been.

He had a job to walk into mind you.

Apparently we have 33 players available this weekend (less 2-3 late withdrawals?).

Amongst the 11 players who missed out on the 22 this week;
Four are returning from injury (ROB, Hampton, Cheney and Keath)
Six have not played AFL yet (Jarman, Edwards, Signorello, Davis, Dear and Wilson)
And Himmelberg is returning from injury and has not played AFL yet.

IMHO, we should give all players returning from hammys a week in the Twos. If Hartigan or Gibson go ping in the first quarter then we have no chance of winning. The only other possibilities are Dear and Wilson but we already have five players who have played 23 games between them (Doedee, Fogarty, Murphy, Gallucci and Poholke).

Any win will be a good win.

P.S. I expect ROB to replace Sauce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are why they exist.
I really wish that was the case.
The AFC, like the rest of them, is a business. It exists to make money.
Except it's being really badly run. Ordinarily incompetent management would be sacked, by which I mean Hass.
Has anybody ever seen such a run of hamstring injuries, some even pre-season (Gibson, who played 130 games injury-free until Hass got to him), all within the first 8 rounds?

I have a friend who is an international athlete and has trained people internationally and who predicted these injuries - to me - at the start of the season and knows why they’re happening, because the training is wrong.
Got any more info about what was wrong about it? Not enough of something, or too much?

Burton on AA now - is offended by people thinking they’re bullshitting. References Knight and Walker, who were good to go yesterday, but now aren’t - not their fault.
He’s kidding himself.
This.
Let's say they were good to go yesterday. Then wtf are they doing at training :)rolleyes:) to cause the hammies, "awareness" and "soreness"? :mad:

So Brett...

Why did Pyke say B Crouch had groin soreness but not OP. Then B Crouch says yeah it is OP?

Why was Knight managed, but named emergency, and now missing his 3rd week?

Why are various injuries described as awareness or management but are later found to be hamstrings?

Why did Sam Gibson pull out early in the season with some slight hamstring tightness then miss 8 weeks?

How did Keath have a 1-2 week ankle and miss 10 weeks and counting?
ALL good questions.
Why isn't anybody close to Burton asking them? What do you reckon Pyke's take on all the injuries is?

glass half full is the way l will choose to look at it.. keeps me sane.

get injuries under control and games into others.. just might be a godsend seasons end.

yea unfortunately the nothing better to do but whine masses do not will not and can not see it this way :rolleyes:
so sick of reading so many over the top reactive `omg omg omg` blousy comments... hence i rarely visit BF
obviously no one of relevant importance take any notice of what BF say anyway..... cary on whining tho
injuries can happen to any one at any time... it is what it is... bad *ing luck... get over it
if it is something more re training that needs changing/tweaking then let the professionals do their job
most injuries are not too bad and precautionary anyway
great that a few other blokes get some game time while others rest/recover at the right time of the year
would be so dumb to take risks now
try to enjoy the game grandmas

Apparently we have 33 players available this weekend (less 2-3 late withdrawals?).

Amongst the 11 players who missed out on the 22 this week;
Four are returning from injury (ROB, Hampton, Cheney and Keath)
Six have not played AFL yet (Jarman, Edwards, Signorello, Davis, Dear and Wilson)
And Himmelberg is returning from injury and has not played AFL yet.

IMHO, we should give all players returning from hammys a week in the Twos. If Hartigan or Gibson go ping in the first quarter then we have no chance of winning. The only other possibilities are Dear and Wilson but we already have five players who have played 23 games between them (Doedee, Fogarty, Murphy, Gallucci and Poholke).

Any win will be a good win.

P.S. I expect ROB to replace Sauce
We should give those coming back from hammy's an extra week off. The rule always used to be "when you think it's right, give it one more". But hey, they have all the fancy gizmos...

I fundamentally disagree with this for 2 reasons.

1. We as fans are entitled to expect that our club is doing what it says it's doing. The fans are the accountability of the club

2. More importantly, this is the players careers they're dealing with. We all jump up and down about Essendon, but using experimental but legal programs is no different. The players want to play in a premiership. If they're not good enough fair enough, but this squad is good enough. To take that away from them because we employed some half assed program that has shot their season is negligent.

It's a professional organisation, and players and fans expect and deserve them to be rigorous in ensuring best practice to achieve success.
That’s all fine and dandy. But I’m sure you don’t really support the “I’m going to tear up my membership/I can’t stand it any more/who can I blame when something bad happens?” whining that’s been going on.

That’s all fine and dandy. But I’m sure you don’t really support the “I’m going to tear up my membership/I can’t stand it any more/who can I blame when something bad happens?” whining that’s been going on.
I don't think many people at all have threatened to tear up their membership.

Im not sure whether I've actually seen much of that. I've seen a lot of people air their opinions about why the club they love and support with their hard earned $ seems to be hamstrung by a less than professional fitness department.

Do you think the club should be accountable to it's players and fans? If not, who do you think the club should be accountable to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back