Analysis 2018 List Management discussion Part 1 (continued in Part 2 - see OP for link)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With the Kerr debut the List and Rebuild just looks better and better. This kid was Pick 65. Get good players these picks and it makes a difference. Willo was 61. Garlett we got for 78

Look at our Under 21 and much younger

Tomorrow we have Dow O'Brien SPS Lang Garlett Fisher McKay Kerr playing
In the 2's Williamson Weitering Schumacher Cuningham Polson Silvagni running around and doing well
Injured Macreadie Charlie Kennedy TDK LeBois Marchbank Pickett

That's a heck of a young group and most have shown they can handle AFL football. Docherty Plowman Jones & Cripps are young as well

This year we will add another 5-6 young players including Pick 1-3, 2 x second rounders and BSOS.

The rebuild is looking very good IMO :):):)

Its lists like this that make me get so annoyed when posters rule out prospective players due to their age window. We are stacked with young talented kids.

Both on contracts, the only hope would be if GWS would be up for a deal on Shiel. Think he can walk at the end of next year. Would love either one though.
I've seriously gone off Shiel. Only 1 really good game against Brisbane this year when his club has really needed him. He would cost a mint and doesn't look anything more then a good player in a good side. Far from elite which is what his trade and pay value would demand.

I've seriously gone off Shiel. Only 1 really good game against Brisbane this year when his club has really needed him. He would cost a mint and doesn't look anything more then a good player in a good side. Far from elite which is what his trade and pay value would demand.

Want at the end of next year for coin. Not interested in selling picks for him this year

Not concerned about us having more first round picks than anyone else. I just think its 1 year too early to let a top 6 pick go. Add gaff and Dahlhaus and if cripps gets injured, we will suck.

Wines will cost 2 top 10 picks which SOS wont pay. Kelly the same. I see us taking this year and next top picks in the draft. Backing in our recruiting team.

Our kids in Weitering, SPS, Plowman, etc arent killing it as many of us thought they would. 2 top 10 picks for a Wines or Kelly seems 1 year too early. Those 2 that you mentioned we wont get for a top 3 pick

Our 2019 first should absolutely be on the table for an established gun.

As you just said some of our top picks aren't killing it...and we have quite a few in the vfl developing.

Time is right to bring in established guns, even of it costs next year's first. Will help our current kids develop.

I'd love him but yeah would cost too much.

Other issue is his injury issues and I'm not sure he will have a long career...i wouldn't be surprised if he was cooked by 31 or so.

Our 2019 first should absolutely be on the table for an established gun.

As you just said some of our top picks aren't killing it...and we have quite a few in the vfl developing.

Time is right to bring in established guns, even of it costs next year's first. Will help our current kids develop.

Gaff and a wallis or Dahlhous will help them develop also.
Who are you thinking we go for who is perceived a gun that will only cost a 1st pick somewhere between 1 and 6?

Nope they are FA's. I'm talking about landing a star through trade

GWS record since Josh kelly got injured

2 wins : Freo and Lions
1 Draw : Saints
3 Losses: Cats, eagles, Nth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was certainly keeping a close eye on him today given all the speculation that he would be worth chasing.

It was a very difficult game to play given the windy conditions but he didnt do a lot to impress and wasnt quite the player i was thinking he was. He may just have been having a bad day so i will be interested in seeing how he performs in future GWS matches.

I would offer DeGoey 800k / for 5 years. Ive rated him from day 1 and believe he is the type of player we need. Blow Collingwood out of the water.
Your not going to be blowing anybody out of the water with $800k this year

North & St Kilda are very heavily into him and Collingwood would be happy to keep him at $800k, Expect bigger offers for him from north who are happy to trade their 1st pick as they would only be using it for an academy pick so getting De Goey for it would make very good sense

Why all this talk about De Goey all of a sudden? Several off field issues doesnt really seem to fit into our player profile. We are definitely not going to spend the farm on a bad apple (for lack of a better term) despite talent. And you could argue Dusty was the same. But its a high stakes gamble. I dont see that being in our strategy. There are other A graders we could get around the same price that are less risky. Simply do not think De Goey is in our consideration at all.

If MS3 comments about us having no interest in Patton (games gone past him) are true then Casboult is on his last contract finishing in 2019. Perfect timing to phase him out at a point where McKay, Curnow will both have 4 seasons under their respective belts, with Kerr having 3 years. Ben Silvagni becomes the project tall forward. Set.

Not surprised at all to see the GWS struggling. No culture and too many running midfielders. They should start getting a bit of variation through their midfield.
For mine it`s their game plan (apart from the injuries to some of their guns of course) and I think their management need to look at the coaching set-up, because they like to play "bruise free" football and you cannot win finals doing that unless your whole team are "on". Richmond came at them hard in last years prelim and they crumbled...........if the coach does not have a plan "B" then ship him out because there is too much talent on that list to be performing the way they are, even with their injuries, and the players that are waiting for a flag will not wait forever!!! Ward is one of their few players with the necessary grunt who can step up and get the really hard ball when the team requires it imo................

? I remember us chasing him hard. Had him at club numerous times training and playing for the Northern Blues. We wanted him but he chose the Saints

Yes both us and Saints nominated him as Father/Son and he gave first right to Saints to match. We wanted him as well.

**** him, he had the chance & he didn't take it.

He can regret that decision for the rest of his career down a the St. Blunda.
Or come across a bit later like his old man, and be in premiership team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back