2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brayshaw is a beauty. I think our first rounder is probably going to be slightly too high but, if we managed to end up with a pick more in the 6-10 range, I’d offer it up without hesitation.

Perfect world result is they accept next year's first rounder and we make the 8 on the back or Bradshaw's Brownlow winning breakout season ;)

Has this been confirmed? McCartin has had 50 concussions and is still playing.

Any player is one KO from retirement anyway. Look at Justin Clarke.

Clarke copped a few and it's a fair bet the accumulated damage had an impact.

Has this been confirmed? McCartin has had 50 concussions and is still playing.

Any player is one KO from retirement anyway. Look at Justin Clarke.
Confirmed? About as much as 'Any player is on KO from retirement' I guess. Hadn't realised McCartin had been concussed 50 times - I'd be very interested in a year by year breakdown please!

Guthrie for our second rounder would be great. If he was happy and fit and taking more of a leadership role + potentially not being stuck behind (dangerwoodlett) and Menzal.. he could really take a huge step up. At his best he is great, can have a big impact, extremely versitile too, fits the age bracket at 25. Price tag would be roughly $400k you would imagine - from a great culture. As I said, id do our second rounder in a heart beat. He is a b+ grader with A grade in him. He is well above that bastinac bracket, more that Charlie Cameron bracket, we arnt getting elite talent so need to look at that tier just below.

Guthrie for our second rounder would be great. If he was happy and fit and taking more of a leadership role + potentially not being stuck behind (dangerwoodlett) and Menzal.. he could really take a huge step up. At his best he is great, can have a big impact, extremely versitile too, fits the age bracket at 25. Price tag would be roughly $400k you would imagine - from a great culture. As I said, id do our second rounder in a heart beat. He is a b+ grader with A grade in him. He is well above that bastinac bracket, more that Charlie Cameron bracket, we arnt getting elite talent so need to look at that tier just below.
I would be very reluctant to give up our second pick in this years draft.
I am with others in saying that we need to go to the draft this year and next year start to look at free agents or out of contract players.
Wouldn’t be opposed to giving up next years second for him though. Which I am hoping might be a pick around the mid 20’s range. He is out of contract and Geelong appear pretty tight with their cap and may need to push him out anyway, so they should not be highly compensated.

Guthrie is a free agent, I'd say paying a 2nd round pick for him is probably a poor strategy ;)
Really haven't watched him closely enough to make an opinion on him either way.

If we can get him for a reasonable value & for no draft cost it might be worth a shot. Wouldn't want to give him a long term deal though 3yrs only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie is a free agent, I'd say paying a 2nd round pick for him is probably a poor strategy ;)
Really haven't watched him closely enough to make an opinion on him either way.

If we can get him for a reasonable value & for no draft cost it might be worth a shot. Wouldn't want to give him a long term deal though 3yrs only.

Even better!

I would definitely take Cam Guthrie as a FA, I see him as a step above the likes of Bell, Bastinac, Bewick and Lester.

Yeah, his wheels are spinning at the Cattery a bit.. I feel like a bump in responsibility would be perfect for him. He is well above the like of those you mentioned, even on a bad day - he is really a better all round player than Rich TBH.

Guthrie is a B grader but he'll do the hard stuff. At worst we're getting a reliable back flank. At best we're getting a reliable 2-way running midfielder.

I definitely wouldn't be complaining if we picked up Guthrie as a free agent. Would be worthwhile if it costs nothing but money outta the salary cap. With an increased role in our side his production could lift as well. Look at how players like Melksham and Lyons have improved at the Demons and Suns respectively with increased responsibility/roles.

got be an A grader or nothing , anything less just clogging the door for the kids

Trades according to Swann

Meanwhile, Brisbane’s quick fix era is over, with the Lions happy to again go back to the draft rather than launch more recruiting raids this year.

Lions chief executive Greg Swann says Brisbane has no plans to trade early picks, adamant the club’s list build is on track.

Mitch Robinson will be handed a new contract after continued excellent form, with Allen Christensen also saving his career.

Brisbane paid a considerable sum for Adelaide’s Charlie Cameron last year, and in past seasons has topped up with senior players with mixed levels of success.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/2771634018a2b28e01cbaa1b8a8c53f2

Last sentence is interesting. Seems a bit tough not to offer 2 years

He turns 29 next week and while he would like a two-season contract there is a feeling offering him one-year deals keeps him on edge.
In regards to who?

Paywall and pertinent part of the article is missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back