Most Disappointing Misses

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Port v Melbourne
Friday, 7:20pm at Adelaide Oval
Played: 32
Record: 19-0-13
Last time they met: Melbourne defeated Port Adelaide 88-65 at the MCG

So, here's the thing, right? I had planned to do a mildly amusing, Jack Watts-focused preview for this game. It was going to say something along the lines of 'Great departures in human history' and have a 3 little blurbs in a countdown, with 3 being the Wright Brothers departing and discovering flight, 2 being Captain Cook departing and discovering Australia, and the hilarious punchline being "Jack Watts departs Melbourne, discovers 2018 Premiership". It would've been great. Well, maybe not great, but it would've been ok.

But with big Wattsy dropped, and none of our contingent of former Demons likely to play, whats the point of it all?

giphy.gif

Port v Melbourne
Friday, 7:20pm at Adelaide Oval
Played: 32
Record: 19-0-13
Last time they met: Melbourne defeated Port Adelaide 88-65 at the MCG

So, here's the thing, right? I had planned to do a mildly amusing, Jack Watts-focused preview for this game. It was going to say something along the lines of 'Great departures in human history' and have a 3 little blurbs in a countdown, with 3 being the Wright Brothers departing and discovering flight, 2 being Captain Cook departing and discovering Australia, and the hilarious punchline being "Jack Watts departs Melbourne, discovers 2018 Premiership". It would've been great. Well, maybe not great, but it would've been ok.

But with big Wattsy dropped, and none of our contingent of former Demons likely to play, whats the point of it all?

giphy.gif
277B655300000578-3037324-image-a-9_1428946921099.jpg

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immunde spiritus, omni satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, in nomini et virtute Domini nostri Jesu Christi, eradicare et effugare a Dei Ecclesia, ab animabus ad imaginem Dei conditis ac pretioso divini Agni sanguini redemptis."

"We cast you out, every unclean spirit, every satanic power, every onslaught of the infernal adversary, every legion, every diabolical group and sect, in the name and by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ. We command you, begone and fly far from the Church of God, from the souls made by God in His image and redeemed by the precious blood of the Lamb of God."

---

We have left our former Demons out to avoid the risk of having them affected by our exorcism!

http://www.academia.edu/9726139/EXORCISM_SPELLS_LATIN_and_ENGLISH

Last edited:
Missed both Corey Enright and Scott Thompson.

Both Port Magpies players who we might have had but didn't.

Enright was a Port Magpies product taken at #47 in 1999 by Geelong. We preferred Paul Kouloriotis, Brett Guerra and Cain Ackland to Enright.

Scott Thompson was another Port product who we let slip to the Crows. According to Scott the Crows were keen but Port were not.

There will always be players that slip in the draft but it really hurts when they are products of the Port development system.

We'll beat these campaigners. Ports by 10 points. SPP to show Clayton Oliver what a tough guy really looks like.

I would love nothing more than to see that............and the 4 points

this is a massive test for our new game plan. hopefully it stacks up!

Toumpas, Barry, Trengove and Watts. Would be funny if they all kicked 10 each against Sturt and we picked them all for next Friday's night game. Brian would goes nuts with his roaming after we won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been travelling Europe since the day of the Eagles game, im in Riomaggiore as we speak, have only really seen the Showdown 1st half and the Hawks game live. I'm starting to feel like im a bad luck charm. Bad news is though, that i dont care where i am (though i expect to be in Poland paying my respects in Auschwitz), but im going to find a way to watch this weekends game. For mine it is basically the defining point of our season. So heres to hoping i aint the bad luck charm, and that i can find some Wi-Fi, otherwise im going to have to pay another $20 for a phone data recharge, and i seem to be doing that for everygame so i can watch the replay at the moment.

Ive been travelling Europe since the day of the Eagles game, im in Riomaggiore as we speak, have only really seen the Showdown 1st half and the Hawks game live. I'm starting to feel like im a bad luck charm. Bad news is though, that i dont care where i am (though i expect to be in Poland paying my respects in Auschwitz), but im going to find a way to watch this weekends game. For mine it is basically the defining point of our season. So heres to hoping i aint the bad luck charm, and that i can find some Wi-Fi, otherwise im going to have to pay another $20 for a phone data recharge, and i seem to be doing that for everygame so i can watch the replay at the moment.
Why risk it? Just don't watch it.

Crunch game. Win and we'll be in the top 4 on Friday night, lose and we'll almost certainly be out of the 8 by the end of the weekend.

The stage is set. We're in good form, we're starting to generate some momentum and even a bit of a home ground advantage. Make a statement Ports.

If we continue down the path we set on against the Dogs, we will lose, but we will learn a vital lesson that will propel us to a flag. That lesson being that if we aren't willing to attack the contest and win the ball first with our defensive pressure, it won't matter how well we spread on the attack. That sort of s**t might work against lesser teams, but it won't work against Melbourne - who are infinitely better at running one way than we are.

It's time to marry up the expansive attack with the collapsing defence. It's up to the players on how fast they want to implement that.

Can't you watch it at a pub? Or whatever they call them in Poland.
Looks like the game would start just before noon.

http://www.timebie.com/timezone/adelaidepoland.php

We'd at last make a significant move up the ladder with a win on Friday. Even though we've won 4 out of 5 because of our percentage we haven't moved much. Win on Friday and we move past Melbourne and Geelong who have the bye. I have not yet reached the level of insanity where I believe there is a chance Carlton will beat Collingwood so I can't see us getting to better than fifth.

If we continue down the path we set on against the Dogs, we will lose, but we will learn a vital lesson that will propel us to a flag. That lesson being that if we aren't willing to attack the contest and win the ball first with our defensive pressure, it won't matter how well we spread on the attack. That sort of s**t might work against lesser teams, but it won't work against Melbourne - who are infinitely better at running one way than we are.

It's time to marry up the expansive attack with the collapsing defence. It's up to the players on how fast they want to implement that.
Jesus Christ we've gone full Janus and it aint even Monday

Can't you watch it at a pub? Or whatever they call them in Poland.
Looks like the game would start just before noon.

http://www.timebie.com/timezone/adelaidepoland.php
I've tried everywhere here, but have not been able to find AFL on TV anywhere. I paid for the international Watchafl subscription so if I have to I'll buy a data SIM, and just watch it on the phone in Poland somewhere. Should be a ripper game, we must win this. Gotta expect a big crowd if the weather is ok too.

I've tried everywhere here, but have not been able to find AFL on TV anywhere. I paid for the international Watchafl subscription so if I have to I'll buy a data SIM, and just watch it on the phone in Poland somewhere. Should be a ripper game, we must win this. Gotta expect a big crowd if the weather is ok too.
Too bad, I had no problems in Asia, especially Thailand. Some places would have 4 or 5 screens so people could watch different sports from all over the world. In Dublin it wasn't difficult to find a pub with a telly that showed AFL either. Only problem was the time difference only let you watch night games live.

Too bad, I had no problems in Asia, especially Thailand. Some places would have 4 or 5 screens so people could watch different sports from all over the world. In Dublin it wasn't difficult to find a pub with a telly that showed AFL either. Only problem was the time difference only let you watch night games live.
Yeah South Pacific, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, I've never had troubles. Even found it occasionally in USA, but here in Europe it's a definite no. Plus everything is now world cup. Every time we go past somewhere showing games, the bar is packed. For the France game the bar was packed with people from everywhere cheering for Australia, except the poor few French people who obviously had the last laugh.

Back