Prediction Who's likely to be delisted?

Which players are facing the chop at the end of the year.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not related to this thread but it's fantastic to see Adelaide take a nose dive out of the eight.There were people saying they were the best team last year, even though we won every final by at least 6 goals.Their response to the loss was to attack Jake 'Leaver' and run a camp to abuse their players.I wouldn't blame Eddie Betts if he wanted to leave. Surely senior players with families don't need to be broken down emotionally! What a joke of a club. Tex is has gone from best captain to worse captain in a year, Sloane wants out, Dangerfield left, they should probably move to Tasmania and be called the Adelaide- Tasmanian turds.

Last edited:
Don't understand the Bolton talk. Fair enough if he wants to go home, but he has massive upside. 19 years old with great skills. But like all the lightly built players will take a bit of time... Daniel Rioli, the exception.
Yes, he's got undoubted potential but his manager is Ralph Carr .He should have signed early in the year but he wanted to increase his contact dollars by playing well, which hasn't happened.He is skilled but misses goals and the high marking doesn't impress the coaches much if you don't rack up the tackles.If he asks for too much cash , we will probably trade him to WA for a ruckman/ forward or a top 30 draft pick.

Don't understand the Bolton talk. Fair enough if he wants to go home, but he has massive upside. 19 years old with great skills. But like all the lightly built players will take a bit of time... Daniel Rioli, the exception.

Having a lot of small forwards means we can afford to lose one, even benefit from the trade if we do so, which leads to the rumours of him wanting to 'go home' not being so much fought against as embraced.

Ask yourself, who do you see him forcing out of the current team?

2 acls and shown nothing when he was fit

been on list since 2014

goodbye
You know its hard to show something when youre constantly injured right? Remember a guy named Astbury? One that was injured for a lot longer than that and even had Brisbane turn him down for a trade?

He was in the 2014 draft, so he didnt start until the 2015 season.

drummond.jpg

You think hes had enough chances? Ahh ok. Hes missed 2 and a half of his first 3 seasons.
He then didnt return to training until January 2018. He also missed a few weeks with a hamstring this season.

Richmond has given injured players a lot of time to get right and get a good go in the past. He will almost certainly be on the list next season.

Hampson/lloyd/Miles/Drummond

One of Markov/Menadue

Grigg to retire maybe?

I miss the days where it was hard to cut the delistings back to 20 odd lol

Hampson and Drummond can see, surely if no takers for Lloyd and Miles we keep them on for peanuts?

Grigg worthy of a 1 year extension. Markov/Mendaue long term players for us unless bundled up in a trade.

Hampson, Griffiths are the givens. Ellis, Markov, Menadue, Miles, Lloyd and Drummond are all on the chopping block at the moment - need a big back half of the year. Chol is probably lucky we don't have any talls, but has been tracking well this season until his injury and so will stay on. Grigg will probably retire.

Having a lot of small forwards means we can afford to lose one, even benefit from the trade if we do so, which leads to the rumours of him wanting to 'go home' not being so much fought against as embraced.

Ask yourself, who do you see him forcing out of the current team?

Butler, easily. Might even be better than Georgey.

We will probably have to delist 6 or more of these players.Who's the list management team looking at?
6 or more? Dont think so. I think hampson, griff are definites. Then it depends on whether the afl merges the rookie list with the primary list. this is huge for us, as moore and chol will finish their 3 years on the R/L and would be needed to jump onto the primary list for someone else or will we have to delist them and then maybe re-rookie them which can mean we lose them to other clubs.

Last edited:
6 or more? Dont think so. I think hampson, griff are definites. Then it depends on whether the afl merges the rookie list with the primary list. this is huge for us, as moore and chol will finish their 3 years on the R/L and would be needed to jump onto the primary list for someone else or will we have to delist them and then maybe re-rookie them which can mean we lose them to other clubs.
I'd say we won't take the risk & will elevate them both.

Griffiths & Hampson delisted retired whatever you want to call it, neither will be on the list in 2019.
Miles - think the papers were stamped after the Port game, unless lightning strikes twice and he has a Townsend like run late in the season I think Miles heads off to state league footy as I doubt any AFL clubs would take him on.
Menadue & C.Ellis - both still need strong finishes to the season to ensure they are kept on. No doubting they have the talent to be AFL players, the question remains about whether they have the will to make it.
Lloyd - similar to Miles, although I don't think he has had the papers stamped just yet. The fact that Lloyd was in and out of the side depending on injuries/suspension suggests he is in the mix. The question is does he want another year floating around on minimal money playing VFL or look at moving on to a more secure state league deal.
Drummond - unfortunately the 2 knees hasn't let him have the career he could have had and depending on how things unfold come free agency/trades he may be a casualty, but given he is unlikely to be on big money he may get another year as the first year after a knee is always tough to play at your best.
Markov - similar to Drummond he could be squeezed out depending on who we bring in at seasons end.
Townsend - a fortunate run at the end of 2017 meant Townsend went from planning a career outside of footy to getting another year, unfortunately the impact and production hasn't been there like it was to end last year. Clubs know his role is to keep their second tall occupied but it's not working as clubs are having a mid sized defender mind him and letting their KPD zone off. I'd expect Townsend to head off into state league footy with fond memories of being a member of the drought breaking Richmond premiership side, which will surely help him get some decent coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist Bolton? Having a laugh? He’s 19 and has enormous upside. If we can get a suitable draft pick for him if he wants to go home then that’s about it.

Grigg & Houli still has another year I reckon, I think they will get offered a 1 year contract at some point this year and retire at the end of 2019.

Hampson - Retire in the final rounds of the year
Griffiths - Already gone
Miles - traded (4th round) / delisted
Lloyd - same as Miles
Markov - traded bait / retain spot on list
Drummond - delisted (maybe rookied)

Yes, he's got undoubted potential but his manager is Ralph Carr .He should have signed early in the year but he wanted to increase his contact dollars by playing well, which hasn't happened.He is skilled but misses goals and the high marking doesn't impress the coaches much if you don't rack up the tackles.If he asks for too much cash , we will probably trade him to WA for a ruckman/ forward or a top 30 draft pick.
Shai Bolton
18 disposals, 12 contested possessions, four tackles and five clearances
“In good form and I like seeing him impacting the game, not only as a forward, but also going through the midfield.”

In the wet, good numbers for a skinny forward. He has more upside than he has downside, if you call going for high marks a downside. Has kicked some incredible goals. But he has plenty to prove, like most young players. Would not be in any hurry with him, not just a small forward, potential wingman.

Elevation of Chol and Moore complicates things somewhat. Need to keep both of these guys. Hampson will retire. I don't think Soldo will ever be our #1 ruckman, but hopefully OK back-up.

Hampson, Miles, Griffiths and possibly Markov and Drummond are the only ones I see being delisted.

Just a small suspicion but I think Shai will be heading home to WA, some noise around Conca as well (although I'd assume we'd be pretty keen to keep Reece).

If other clubs show interest, I suspect Ellises/Lloyd/Townsend may request a trade.

Retirees, possibly Grigg? I still think he's got a few years in him though, and think he could be quite influential at a different club with a younger list like the Lions or even back to the Blues.
Yeah Townsend is an interesting one...Trade or delist?!? Miles the same...
Hammer and Griffs...bye bye...
Liam too small...possibly eggy?!? Who knows...

Griffiths - Gone
Hampson- Gone
Miles - Sadly probably the end of the road for him without a huge turnaround
Llloyd - 50/50, same as last year I'm sure we will happily let him go if he has another option and he won't have a guarantee here
Drummond - Delist and then re-rookie
Markov/Bolton/B.Ellis - Listening to offers

Menadue and C.Ellis are a year away from this conversation IMO, next 12 months will be make or break

We won't bullet Drummond. That's not how we operate.

At worst he'll be rookied but we won't bullet him completely, no way.
Because he has been injured? We have players who have gone past him now. I dont think we will keep him. Footy is a cruel game and nobody should feel safe in having a long career. Unfortunately some get derailed by injury and drummond should be 1 of them

Because he has been injured? We have players who have gone past him now. I dont think we will keep him. Footy is a cruel game and nobody should feel safe in having a long career. Unfortunately some get derailed by injury and drummond should be 1 of them

Disagree.

He'd cracked a senior spot when he did his knee first time and missed most of 2015. He got himself back in the seniors by season's end 2016 and then did his knee again in April 2017 writing that year off as well.

Ffs. The bloke has gone down big time twice and come back and after half a year of 2018 we're gonna bucket him ? At 23 ?

Geezuz. Lucky Daniel Menzel didn't have you as a coach.

Delist: Griffiths, Hampson, Drummond,
50/50: Grigg, Townsend
Re-sign: Houli, Short, Broad, Moore, Conca, Soldo, Chol

Players that may leave for more opportunity: Lloyd, Miles, Bolton, Menadue, C Ellis, Markov, Stengle
Can’t see us getting anything for Miles and Lloyd, but also can’t see them staying. I hope we keep the others but would be suprised if a few don’t seek more opportunities. I think Bolton will go, but really hope he doesn’t. Would love to see him on a wing once he builds his tank.

Back