Preview R16 2018 Sydney v. Geelong Thursday 7:20pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways he can be excused to be honest he's playing a fantastic defensive shut down role on the opposition's HB distributor each week.

Hanners body is cooked and now his confidence is

He is playing imo because he is a proud fella and loves the jumper

Can’t see how some are thinking he is getting better week to week

Looks worse to me week to week

TV doesn’t show off the ball obviously

I was at the saints and tigers game and he looks done and dusted mentally and physically

* I want him playing well , he is a bormeter

Last edited:
Hanners missed targets last week. He should be in our team against the Cats. Just hit your targets Hanners.
It's an issue but even in his prime he was a poor kick.

His biggest issue is a lack of confidence. He loses his feet very easily these days and that gives him little chance of winning the contested ball. Then on the occasions he does win the ball, he barely runs with it these days. He was never quick but he'd run the opposition into the ground with his stamina but even that seems to have fallen away.

Good stuff on thd preview, SwansProudly! Thanks for that.
Many thanks :D - I was very nervous.
I have no idea re copyright the music I put on the youtube clips I made - Nick Davis with Holy Grail, photos with "Whatever it Takes" and the 'Blood Brothers" clips. :huh:

Well I guess it's the middle finger to what us supporters think because the guys that go into battle with him want him there.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-04/swans-walk-taller-with-hannebery-rampe

So there is more to a team than statistics.

Come on Ted you have actually been making some half decent points when you don't talk about Mitchell but seriously what is the team/player going to say to the media? Have you ever played a team sport?

You back them all and even when they sell drugs in an alley you stress how disappointed you are in them and that is not what they are about and it is not what the club is about and you just know they will fight back and prove themselves.

Privately you kick the druggie to the curb and with the hopelessly out of form and under performing superstar hope like hell the coach, leadership group and selectors grow a pair for a while and give the guy a rest to get fit and or sort his s**t out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys sorry to intrude again!

So just on Jake lloyd, he seems to be playing the role as the designated rebounder for you guys with Mcveigh playing on a wing.

So my question is:

(1) Do you see the roles of Lloyd/Mcveigh swapping their roles around or potentially just sharing the ball around a bit more?
(2) Has Jake lloyd been taking more kickins?

I'm just trying to figure out how Lloyd suddenly increased his performance by so much since round 8.

Thanks!

I would love for the club to announce hanners is out for 4 weeks to do a mini preseason or get an injury clean up or rest. The current approach seems deflating for a club champ. 27 or 28 years old and I'm betting he can get back to his best if not this year than next

Hey guys sorry to intrude again!

So just on Jake lloyd, he seems to be playing the role as the designated rebounder for you guys with Mcveigh playing on a wing.

So my question is:

(1) Do you see the roles of Lloyd/Mcveigh swapping their roles around or potentially just sharing the ball around a bit more?
(2) Has Jake lloyd been taking more kickins?

I'm just trying to figure out how Lloyd suddenly increased his performance by so much since round 8.

Thanks!
McVeigh is playing on the wing? Since when?

What else was Rampe going to day

**** me they walked tall with rok but was dropped

Because we started the year 2 & 4 after a loss to North at home (unheard of) so ROK made way.
Kizza was rested after our 0 & 6 start last year.

This year we are 10 & 4, one game off the top, after one of the hardest draws & tough interstate games & having just come off a loss against the clear top team & reigning premier.

What you are asking for is panic stations which occurred with ROK & Kizza for good reason.
I am saying no need to panic now but that time may come & then you will have reason for those measures to be followed.
So as I posted, Rampe says "no panic", we are happy to carry him into form. If in 3 weeks we sit 10 & 7 with Hanners still dishing out no improved performances, I am 100% with you, absolutely.
The opposition need to watch Hanners & he was cleaned up the other night but got up & carried on but kicked very poorly all night. That's the problem there.

At the Hawks last season we didn't see Gunston, Poppy, Smith, etc get dropped when their out put was way way down during their early losses.
But as you said to me, it will be "another opportunity for you to find something to put the bloke down I’m guessing".

I know you don't like this line but, let's just leave it to the people that really know & that will be directly affected by a decision to play or not to play any player.
Not my worry.

My feeling is Hanners will play a ripper and stick it up everyone. I’m not one of these eternal optimists either, I just get the feeling he will respond now that the blow torch has been applied to him properly for the first time in his career. He will be well up for this and perform as such.
That’s my take on it anyway.

I read it on fanfooty.com, I don't watch Sydney much only when it's on free TV. Anyways, do you mind helping me out with the questions?
Watching the Swans live I haven't seen McVeigh much on the wing if it all to be honest. But he does push in to the midfield every now and then (outside the stoppages) to give good delivery inside 50. Anyways here goes:

(1) No they both play similar roles so they'll share the ball more I suppose.
(2) I actually don't know who takes most of our kick ins. I don't pay that much attention to it when watching. Better ask someone else about that one.

I fail to see how the team can walk taller with Hanners and Jack in their current form. One goes to ground at the slightest touch from an opponent, and the other one undoes so much hard work that the other fellas do by sabotaging decent passages of play with shocking skills. If they were down on form, you’d still back them because they’re leaders of the club who can still contribute.

But they are both deadset liabilities at the minute and are actually making things harder on the younger blokes. The amount of times someone like Hewett or Florent or Ronke had to mop up a mess made by those two leaders last week was painful.

Sucks to say it but let’s call a spade a spade here.

I'm on board with giving Jack a spell in the reserves but I legitimately think Hannebery is getting there and his next month will be much better. He's getting to more contests imo and he can run with a good player still. He's got value even if he isn't at his best.

Jack on the other hand is not giving much anywhere and is hurting us in some respects due to his small stature and poor disposal. And he doesn't seem to be improving at all to me. He needs a ROK run in reserves but I wouldn't be counting him out of playing again later this year and doing it effectively.

I'm on board with giving Jack a spell in the reserves but I legitimately think Hannebery is getting there and his next month will be much better. He's getting to more contests imo and he can run with a good player still. He's got value even if he isn't at his best.

Jack on the other hand is not giving much anywhere and is hurting us in some respects due to his small stature and poor disposal. And he doesn't seem to be improving at all to me. He needs a ROK run in reserves but I wouldn't be counting him out of playing again later this year and doing it effectively.
Totally agree on all counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back