Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotch is this week's unsung hero

Richmond: Trent Cotchin

If there’s a player who typifies the Richmond way more than Trent Cotchin, we’re yet to see them. The Tigers’ skipper isn’t having a huge year numbers wise but his impact on the contest is as great as ever. Cotchin collected 19 disposals, four clearances and kicked a goal on Friday night but it was his game-high nine tackles that set the standard for the flag-favourites.

The best was this ... lol.

"So I want violent contests in the forward half and I’m not advocating anything serious, but if Jayden Short or Vlastuin backs into a hole, as they do so often, there needs to be violence in the forward line. They need to hit the contest with violence."
What an f*ing thug
I bet he might sing a different tune after the Brayshaw incident

Cotch is this week's unsung hero

Richmond: Trent Cotchin

If there’s a player who typifies the Richmond way more than Trent Cotchin, we’re yet to see them. The Tigers’ skipper isn’t having a huge year numbers wise but his impact on the contest is as great as ever. Cotchin collected 19 disposals, four clearances and kicked a goal on Friday night but it was his game-high nine tackles that set the standard for the flag-favourites.
Definitely backed off from the showy TMitchell like huge possession numbers of the ball to instigating the rarer and more valuable impacts that changes the momentum of the game...
Just stops where the game's momentum is heading in it's tracks when Cotch goes 'beast mode' attack on the ball and/or ball carrying oppo player....
Does'nt do it all the time...but when he does...look out!

The best was this ... lol.

"So I want violent contests in the forward half and I’m not advocating anything serious, but if Jayden Short or Vlastuin backs into a hole, as they do so often, there needs to be violence in the forward line. They need to hit the contest with violence."
What a nob...
Bet if an ex oppo player said that about deecheeses he would be banging on about how advocating player violence is wrong...

I agree, within the club the fitness staff and coaches would know which players are struggling a bit and they should be rested. Getting the points won't be a problem.
Good game to blood some debutants too. Consider giving Balta and Naish a run. Soldo or CCJ can come in for Nank. Maybe blood 2 only.

Still 7 weeks of footy to play, most players will have some minor niggles, good time to give them a week off to rest up.

Likely but not absolutely just yet! GWS are 10 points behind with 3 games left! Win 0 we miss, win 1 and top 2 is secured, win 2 and we almost certainly finish top, Win 3 and we 100% finish top of the ladder!
trumpet-animated-gif-7.gif

Hope we dont simply under estimate our opposition over the next 3 weeks. Our main aim is to sew up a top 2 position, as far as i am concerned we play our best 22 against GC, with mission accomplished we then look at our options.
GC were smashed and looking to regain some pride on their home deck. Have seen stranger things happen.

The Bombers and Bulldogs are both very capable on their day and now relaxed and able to free flow knowing their respective seasons are over plus possibly a feather in the cap for beating the top side and reigning premier. Remember the Roos rested half their team a couple of years back and that didnt help them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn’t hurt the opposition with his touches. If Kelly, Dangerfield or Martin racked up 40-45 touches, what type of carnage do you reckon would happen to the opposition? It just doesn’t happen when Mitchell racks it up.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
It doesn't happen when Kelly, Dangerfield and Selwood rack up 30+ in the same game either! :tearsofjoy:

Have we seen a team go after us really aggressively and try to intimdate us this year?

By that I mean target a few players and try to throw us off our game that way?

I haven’t been able to watch every game very closely so may have missed this if it has happened.

May be something we see come finals time?

Have we seen a team go after us really aggressively and try to intimdate us this year?

By that I mean target a few players and try to throw us off our game that way?

I haven’t been able to watch every game very closely so may have missed this if it has happened.

May be something we see come finals time?

Collingwood tried with Dusty.

Hope we dont simply under estimate our opposition over the next 3 weeks. Our main aim is to sew up a top 2 position, as far as i am concerned we play our best 22 against GC, with mission accomplished we then look at our options.
GC were smashed and looking to regain some pride on their home deck. Have seen stranger things happen.

The Bombers and Bulldogs are both very capable on their day and now relaxed and able to free flow knowing their respective seasons are over plus possibly a feather in the cap for beating the top side and reigning premier. Remember the Roos rested half their team a couple of years back and that didnt help them.

Only rest a player if they really need it.

We’ve been pretty inefficient going forward the last few weeks, so it should be all systems go to try hit that form we did late last year.

I actually do like him. He doesn’t mind saying what he really thinks.

I don't mind him since he has taken on more media work this year. When he was just doing the SA radio rounds and taking pot-shots on Twitter I think he was a little bit too "Say what you really think without thinking that a lot of what you're saying actually makes you sound like an imbecile". He has been much better since starting the columns and content for AFL website etc. Says what he thinks while refraining from saying the dumb s**t.

Yeah I really didn't like him last year. I felt like he was deliberately saying inflammatory things to progress his career at the expense of others...and not always being truthful.
This year, with more exposure he seems to be more balanced and truthful.

Yeah I really didn't like him last year. I felt like he was deliberately saying inflammatory things to progress his career at the expense of others...and not always being truthful.
This year, with more exposure he seems to be more balanced and truthful.

Good on him for figuring out that to be successful and respected in the media you can’t just talk s**t like you’re having a whinge about the footy to your mates.

He has definitely toned it back a notch. Now he is just an opinionated football media worker rather than an opinionated twat

The fact that I’ve agreed with multiple things he’s published this year shocked me after how he was in years gone by but credit where credit is due!

I wonder since the Gaff incident he would regret the word 'violence'?

i like the term, nothing to do with illegal hits or thuggery, just level of impact on the contest, hit it with violence, tackle with violence, when you contest the ball, contest it violently, defend with violence, all within legal bounds of course. it's actually how we play when we are at out best, cotchin an example in the geelong final

became familiar with the term early last year from robert saleh, defensive co-ordinator at the 49ers, resonated with me

this is a contest sport and playing with a level of legal violence above your opponent will win you lots of games

Back