Unofficial Preview Port V West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

They aren't as depleted as is being bandied about. They've lost Natanui, Kennedy, Gaff and a couple key backs, but they have decent coverage for most of that unlike us.

100%

I don't expect us to get a win unless we focus, work hard and deliver.

I reckon something to counteract the low TOG percentage times for the guys in the middle is to throw them around the ground more rather than sticking them on the bench for long periods.

When these guys are not in the middle.
Swapping Boak and Powell-Pepper at half forward to the middle.
Rockliff in the joe the goose forward role.
Swapping Wingard and Robbie Gray from small forward to middle.
Ebert down back and at half forward.
Ryder up forward.
As for Wines, he can just stay in the middle until he feels he needs a rest and then go to the bench.

Last edited:
Their best mid, best forward and best ruck. That's pretty depleted.
I'm just saying people are making it sound like they've got 10-20 injuries. They have some important ones, but their coverage for them is pretty good. They lose Natanui but have Lycett, lose Kennedy but have Darling, lose McKenzie/Schofield but have Barrass. It's not like they're completely destroyed by these injuries. They'll still be a tough task.

This will be the first Port game I've attended live since Round 23, 2011, that first game at Adelaide Oval. Between being a teenager when my dad lost interest to moving to Darwin 4 years ago I haven't been to a game. Flying down to Adelaide this morning and will be sitting in the Western Stand. Looking forward!

Hard to believe we’ve only won 1 of our last 7 home games against this franchise. They only ever beat us 3 times at Footy Park (two of them coming in those pathetic 2011-12 seasons) & how we’ve allowed them to triumph over us 4 times at AO is beyond me.

If there’s ever a time for us to throw the bloody monkey off our back, it’s this Saturday!!!

They aren't as depleted as is being bandied about. They've lost Natanui, Kennedy, Gaff and a couple key backs, but they have decent coverage for most of that unlike us.

I thought the same, but without NN, Kennedy and Shuey a couple of weeks ago they were a trash blaze only capable of kicking 6 goals against North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i'm in the same boat in that i'm losing interest in this season, if we can't get up for this one, then just forget it. All she wrote if we lose this one.

I reckon something to counteract the low TOG percentage times for the guys in the middle is to throw them around the ground more rather than sticking them on the bench for long periods.

When these guys are not in the middle.
Swapping Boak and Powell-Pepper at half forward to the middle.
Rockliff in the joe the goose forward role.
Swapping Wingard and Robbie Gray from small forward to middle.
Ebert down back and at half forward.
Ryder up forward.
As for Wines, he can just stay in the middle until he feels he needs a rest and then go to the bench.
Doesn't seem to be an issue for Gray, Boak, Wingard, Ebert or Ryder. Hopefully last week was a one-off with Wines, SPP and Rocky all low TOG. Even though it seems to have been managed well and even with low TOG some players have had good games it does seem that we are losing momentum in taking players off too quickly. And all teams seem to get the problem sooner or later of not being able to bring a benched player back onto the ground.

West Coast by 16 points. It's a match we should be up and about for, but we don't rise to important occasions well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back