Unofficial Preview Port V West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here we are again, another super important game as we enter the last 3 weeks before finals. A very disappointing month with only 1 win in last 4 games. West Coast with a few key outs in Kennedy, Gaff and Naitanui….but come to Adelaide Oval holding no fears of winning.

West Coast will punish teams who enter their defensive 50 through bombing kicks to congested contests – with elite defenders like McGovern feasting on intercept marks and dishing off to players like Hurn, Yeo who rarely miss targets. Given our track record this year hitting targets within our forward 50, we will need to find an effective way to combat their defensive lines.

Midfield – we just need to win contested ball and feed the ball to our most productive outside runners in Polec, Wingard and Motlop. Wines, SPP, Rockliff have been mostly beaten in last month. They need a ruthless response.

We have missed Hartlett down back last month. The young defense has been under siege and has generally held up well. If our defense and mids don’t press back hard with West Coast coming out of defense we will conceded the all too familiar easy goals West Coast get from their sling shot.

Should be a cracking contest. Its time, its time for Port to hit the finals road. I for one are happy to boot scoot across the bridge come 7pm Sat night
tenor.gif

West Coast's whole game is short possession and intercept marking so if the forecast rain eventuates we'll be pretty happy.

Please Port end this recurring nightmare of frustrating close losses against this mob at Adelaide Oval.

Please just beat them at home. Please.

We have to beat them at Adelaide Oval eventually, although every time I've said that it's led to one frustrating loss after another. Being 0-4 at the venue against them fills me with very little confidence but without Nic Nat, Gaff and most likely Kennedy...I don't know I just can't. Hopefully Vardy doesn't destroy Ryder again, McGovern doesn't intercept 20 kicks I50, Shuey doesn't give us any PTSD and they don't bring Petrie out of retirement.

We have so much to prove this week, so if we can win this and get a very, very big monkey off our back then hopefully that will hold us in good stead and give us some much needed confidence heading into finals.

I expect 3 wins to finish off the home & way and that starts with the Eagles.

Boo Shuey, the cheating campaigner deserves it.

I want to bury these bastards once and for all.

I want Watts or Westhoff to play from the f50 this week to give Dixon at least a chance against McGovern and co!

selection for this game is going to be the key to weather or not we succeed in beating them.

How good would it be to go into a home game against a ravaged opponent, when we're a finals-calibre outfit, and be supremely confident of winning.

Instead we're like Morty to opportunity's Rick.

If were ever going to beat them it has to be this week.

They are getting smashed from pillar to post in the west.

I am not sure how that affects their playing group but we won't have a better chance.

Who am I kidding ...we all know how this club performs in these circumstances...:(

Just win ports

I don't know if I care anymore. Feeling pretty disenchanted with this team and the AFL right now.

#sackGil

And if we lose Polec as far as I'm concerned it's rebuild time.

The only thing that makes me happy is knowing Gaff got a fair an equitable suspension for what he did. Using the Jonas suspension as a guide he always deserved 2-4 more games.

Mind you I feel the effect of him out will be diminished by wet weather.

I feel like we should win, but with this team who knows.

I'm confident.......I don’t like it.

Not sure why but I'm confident too. Not much of our last month or our record against the Eagles has given me any reason to be, but for whatever reason I've got a good feeling about this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't as depleted as is being bandied about. They've lost Natanui, Kennedy, Gaff and a couple key backs, but they have decent coverage for most of that unlike us.

Their best mid, best forward and best ruck. That's pretty depleted.

lets just rip West Coast another one! I am so furious at the "didn't hit the post" decision. If that doesn't fire us up, nothing will! We have a team that could win the flag! C'mon!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back