Rumour Rioli won the lottery

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggiesfan14

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've heard a quite humorous rumour that has apparently come from a hawthorn player. Cyril Rioli retired from AFL after winning the $50 million lottery in Victoria.

After laughing at this I did a quick google search and found that coincidentally the day he retired and the lottery was claimed occurred on 4th July.

IMG_4694.jpg IMG_4693.jpg

There's no justice in the world when a footballer wins the lotto, let alone one who was probably on 450 grand-plus a year most of his career.

And I say this as someone who likes Cyril as a person and respects his family-first, native culture-first outlook.

There's no justice in the world when a footballer wins the lotto, let alone one who was probably on 450 grand-plus a year most of his career.

And I say this as someone who likes Cyril as a person and respects his family-first, native culture-first outlook.

LOL CHIN UP MATE

Maybe I won the lottery and paid him to retire???o_O
That's probably how Carlton can get back on top and win a flag again. They can't do the brown paper bags anymore but the rich supporters can just hire all the best players in the game as investment consultants on 2 mil a year as long as they don't play football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Cyril has quit footy because he has won the lotto. Literally, like, $55 Million.

2GNs4i6.png

;)

Was a thread on our board a few weeks ago that it was Stephen Gilham

No one on our board has come back with anything substantial to confirm or quash

For those that are inclined, maybe check his titter and see if he is now wearing gold chains and hanging out on the Mediterranean coast
Or his wife has better pants

It was many years ago and a far smaller sum but my good mate “Rocket” Owen won the lottery and was back at work maybe 18 months later.

Might’ve had a reputation on the field, and off it, back in the day, but damn, he’s one of the best blokes you can ever hope to meet.

People with that much money shouldn’t be aloud to buy a ticket! It should only go to those on the bones of their arse! Seriously, wouldn’t it be good if it were only won by battlers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back