Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

Scott is just too nice, he's breeding an attitude that breeds mediocrity instead of hardness and commitment. Principles like - 'I never talk to players directly after games much because I fear I'm too emotional'... WTF? It's a professional football club, sometimes people need to be given it a 'certain' way to get results.

Last I looked, our fwd 50 tackles were 6, Melb 23. Sack the god damn forward coach, please!

Nah, thats a good coach move. Never talk to players after a loss. You can say stuff that never gets forgot. It's not good. You can roar the s**t out of them on Monday. That is better.

too old, too slow, cant play on a real size oval, coach cant get the side going in the first quarter, lack leg speed, lack composure and outcoached by a rookie....

see you next year
Lol real size oval. You realise MCG is a Cricket ground first and foremost right? It's actually not an Oval at all, but a Circle. You didn't get passed Grade 1 I see. The ground isn't the problem, the same issues crop up everywhere we play, except Kardinia Park and thats generally because we play s**t teams down there atm.

Still waiting for the pro Scott crowd to address why we get absolutely smashed off the park in finals. How many first quarters have we won in finals since 2012?
Nothing to do with pro Scott, but we get beaten by better teams.
They were favourites for a reason, and their fitness, youth, exuberance and skill is superior to ours.
They mark better, tackle more often, have more possessions, more I50's, and generally played like a team, whereas we rely on a handful of ageing stars.

Nothing to do with pro Scott, but we get beaten by better teams.
They were favourites for a reason, and their fitness, youth, exuberance and skill is superior to ours.
They mark better, tackle more often, have more possessions, more I50's, and generally played like a team, whereas we rely on a handful of ageing stars.
And who’s fault is that?

And if it’s not Scott’s, then why are we wasting big bucks paying this guy when a chimp could do the job?

Buck stops at one place - head coach - he needs to take responsibility and man up (won’t do it though). Justify Scott’s final record now you Scott sycophants...

You won’t get that.

We’re officially back in the early ‘90s minus the entertainment. The players are individuals in different cliques who aren’t remotely a team. They’re soft under pressure. They’re stupidly, insanely overrated by deluded fans. The supporters are insecure and paranoid who can’t handle any criticism of the coach. Secretly I think some agree, but they’re too scared to admit it now.

Until Scott is shown the door I'll be a casual observer rather than a supporter. We need someone who is ruthless. Until then I won't be spending my hard earned.

Same boat I didnt join back up this year and wont for the foreseeable future. Solely because I have so little faith in Scott. Hopefully many do the same

I just want an emphasis on getting some young high-level talent into the Geelong system, I don't care how we get it but the formula of topping up is finished father time has hit Selwood, Taylor, Hawk can't lift you through a final anymore it's proven over the recent history of results.

I just hope we don't kid ourselves again

And who’s fault is that?

And if it’s not Scott’s, then why are we wasting big bucks paying this guy when a chimp could do the job?
Their players are simply better, top shelf players, and they are in finals form, their recruiting has been superb, it is starting to pay off. All those bottom finishes have resulted in this. Time to accept- our time at the top has ended. Just enjoy the wins we do have.

The one thing the pro-Scott crowd has going for them is that whenever his performance is questioned, they can point at the calendar and say “Four more years baby!”

And then when we fail again they can point at the calendar and say “Three more years baby!”

And when we fail again they can point at the calendar and say “Two more years baby!”

And then, well you get it, you get it, you totally get it.

Their players are simply better, top shelf players, and they are in finals form, their recruiting has been superb, it is starting to pay off. All those bottom finishes have resulted in this. Time to accept- our time at the top has ended. Just enjoy the wins we do have.
So you’re saying we should bottom out for draft picks? Then why isn’t Scott doing this? Your argument doesn't hold up to the slightest scrutiny. Quit while you’re behind.

Edit: I have since been informed by the esteemed Vdubs that this was not what the quoted message was implying and I apologise unreservedly.

Last edited:
The one thing the pro-Scott crowd has going for them is that whenever his performance is questioned, they can point at the calendar and say “Four more years baby!”

And then when we fail again they can point at the calendar and say “Three more years baby!”

And when we fail again they can point at the calendar and say “Two more years baby!”

And then, well you get it, you get it, you totally get it.

Contact extension time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you’re saying we should bottom out for draft picks? Then why isn’t Scott doing this? Your argument doesn't hold up to the slightest scrutiny. Quit while you’re behind.
Don't put your angry words in my mouth.
I'm explaining to you all year, past few years, why teams that have been down the bottom firstly get better draft picks, and secondly, deserve their time in the sun. GFC and CS believe we can not bottom out. So we can't have both. We will be middle of the road for some time.
But if we do bottom out, so what- we get better picks, and eventually, our time will come again.

I'm explaining to you all year, past few years, why teams that have been down the bottom firstly get better draft picks, and secondly, deserve their time in the sun. GFC and CS believe we can not bottom out. So we can't have both. We will be middle of the road for some time.
But if we do bottom out, so what- we get better picks, and eventually, our time will come again.
Sorry mate! Seems I made a mistake there. I inferred something that you weren't implying.

I apologise unreservedly. I will edit my previous comment to indicate that I was wrong in this instance.

Just so we're clear...how many premierships should we have by 2022 to justify a renewal of Scott's contract in your opinion?

I would say 1 premiership would be fine. Whether that be through bottoming out for draft picks, through brilliant strategy, or just through dumb luck.

Sorry mate! Seems I made a mistake there. I inferred something that you weren't implying.

I apologise unreservedly. I will edit my previous comment to indicate that I was wrong in this instance.

Just so we're clear...how many premierships should we have by 2022 to justify a renewal of Scott's contract in your opinion?

I would say 1 premiership would be fine. Whether that be through bottoming out for draft picks, through brilliant strategy, or just through dumb luck.
No worries.
We will have no more flags by 2022. We have the correct person to keep us relevant.

No worries.
We will have no more flags by 2022. We have the correct person to keep us relevant.
Fair enough.
I hold the opinion that Scott will not take us to another flag with the current contract
You share this opinion.
You think this is not an issue.
I disagree.
This is why this is the best thread on BigFooty...behind the squiggle.

Fair enough.
I hold the opinion that Scott will not take us to another flag.
You share this opinion.
I disagree.
On what basis are we worthy of a flag any time soon?
Are we exceptional in any area?
Are we quicker, fitter, tougher, more skilled, superior in talent...?
I just think teams like Melbourne, Collingwood, Richmond and GWS are laden with talent and have great lists.
WCE get 11 home games and have imposing KF's .
Hawthorn- the Hannibal Lecter of AFL. Ditto Swans.
I believe there are teams that are starved of success that should nab a flag before we do, and that is disregarding the imminent Tigers dynasty.
Much as we like to hope they can't or won't go BTB, reality is they deserve to, and we are envious because we never could in our era.

Of course the usual suspects who have spent years in here insulting and telling themselves Scott is a great coach and we don't have major issues are no where to be seen. Even the mods started getting in on the action - where are they now? Weak as piss IMO to dish out insults to those of us who stood up and voiced an opinion based on facts only to have intelligent folk like geelong_crazy try convince us we are wrong and Chris Scott is the best coach in the land.

If you STILL cannot see the major flaws in his coaching methodology and how the team plays then you are no hope. This team has gone from a brick wall of solid contributors who ROSE in finals under Thompson to a team of fairies who are more interested in maintaining their Geelong lifestyle and surfing in their free time.

Every press conference we get fed the same BS that all is well at Catland and our 'best is good enough'. Every year the head coach abuses any reporter who dare question the team as if they are the stupid ones. Every year Scott tells us this time will be different, this time we have figured out why we are so s**t after the bye. Every year Scott promises a 'tweak' to a game plan that will succeed on the MCG and in finals. As supporters we are fed bullshit and expected to eat it - all because of a premiership 7 years ago that 99% of AFL coaches could have had given our list and a very small amount of tweaks. What you are seeing now is Scotts real coaching abilities - average and unable to learn from his mistakes. The guy has dug a hole so deep of lies and delusion he still can't accept reality.

Of course the usual suspects who have spent years in here insulting and telling themselves Scott is a great coach and we don't have major issues are no where to be seen. Even the mods started getting in on the action - where are they now? Weak as piss IMO to dish out insults to those of us who stood up and voiced an opinion based on facts only to have intelligent folk like geelong_crazy try convince us we are wrong and Chris Scott is the best coach in the land.

If you STILL cannot see the major flaws in his coaching methodology and how the team plays then you are no hope. This team has gone from a brick wall of solid contributors who ROSE in finals under Thompson to a team of fairies who are more interested in maintaining their Geelong lifestyle and surfing in their free time.

Every press conference we get fed the same BS that all is well at Catland and our 'best is good enough'. Every year the head coach abuses any reporter who dare question the team as if they are the stupid ones. Every year Scott tells us this time will be different, this time we have figured out why we are so s**t after the buy. Every year Scott promises a 'tweak' to a game plan that will succeed on the MCG and in finals. As supporters we are fed bullshit and expected to eat it - all because of a premiership 7 years ago that 99% of AFL coaches could have had given our list and a very small amount of tweaks. What you are seeing now is Scotts real coaching abilities - average and unable to learn from his mistakes.
This thread might break records for meltdowns over the next 4 years then

This thread might break records for meltdowns over the next 4 years then
Lets see how supporters react - I expect a drop off in membership numbers which will hurt the clubs bottom line. Everyone laughs at those of us who voice our displeasure with Scotts antics - now is the chance to vote with your wallet considering thats the only way to have an impact. I'm sure Chris Scott could sell ice to geelong_crazy and he would love it. Brian Cook is happy with the way the club is run, everyones tapping each other on the back accepting mediocrity. We have gone from a feared team to the laughing stock of the AFL because of Scotts delusional biases. We now have RICHMOND and MELBOURNE supporters insulting us - how quickly history changes. Thanks Scott.

On what basis are we worthy of a flag any time soon?
Are we exceptional in any area?
Are we quicker, fitter, tougher, more skilled, superior in talent...?
I just think teams like Melbourne, Collingwood, Richmond and GWS are laden with talent and have great lists.
WCE get 11 home games and have imposing KF's .
Hawthorn- the Hannibal Lecter of AFL. Ditto Swans.
I believe there are teams that are starved of success that should nab a flag before we do, and that is disregarding the imminent Tigers dynasty.
Much as we like to hope they can't or won't go BTB, reality is they deserve to, and we are envious because we never could in our era.

Personally, yes and no.
B2B would've been nice. Very nice if we'd defeated the Hawks in 2008.
But I'm pretty content to have witnessed 'our era' as you put it.
3 flags in 5 years was a good return.
Could've been better.
Could've been worse, and I'd seen worse circa '89-95.

We’ve never really bottomed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fair enough.
I hold the opinion that Scott will not take us to another flag with the current contract
You share this opinion.
I disagree.

Have we ever wondered why Scott’s contract was renewed?

Is it that the Cats know its bottom out time?

Lets see how supporters react - I expect a drop off in membership numbers which will hurt the clubs bottom line. Everyone laughs at those of us who voice our displeasure with Scotts antics - now is the chance to vote with your wallet considering thats the only way to have an impact. I'm sure Chris Scott could sell ice to geelong_crazy and he would love it. Brian Cook is happy with the way the club is run, everyones tapping each other on the back accepting mediocrity. We have gone from a feared team to the laughing stock of the AFL because of Scotts delusional biases. We now have RICHMOND and MELBOURNE supporters insulting us - how quickly history changes. Thanks Scott.

That wad the worst part of tonight. Bloody hell the insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back