Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck stops at one place - head coach - he needs to take responsibility and man up (won’t do it though). Justify Scott’s final record now you Scott sycophants...
Doesn't know why we don't win first 1/4s, can't win after the bye but hey he now has four more years to work it out. What a waste. Time for some changes at the club across all areas-board, admin and football.

Why do we never turn up in finals? There's a pattern developing here and the buck stops with the coach. Get rid of him I'm over him making excuses. Put your hand up and get out.

The stats regarding Geelong's first quarter efforts and the various shellackings they've copped are probably more alarming than the record itself. They paint a picture of almost complete ineptitude in finals, which really isn't good enough given the approach taken to building the list and the H&A performances in that time.

Spot on.

Scott is just too nice, he's breeding an attitude that breeds mediocrity instead of hardness and commitment. Principles like - 'I never talk to players directly after games much because I fear I'm too emotional'... WTF? It's a professional football club, sometimes people need to be given it a 'certain' way to get results.

Last I looked, our fwd 50 tackles were 6, Melb 23. Sack the god damn forward coach, please!

Until Scott is shown the door I'll be a casual observer rather than a supporter. We need someone who is ruthless. Until then I won't be spending my hard earned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for the pro-Scott crew to come in and convince me why he should get 4 more years? Why give him an extension before finals? Is it because they knew we would shit the bed and the fans would be baying for his resignation?

He won a flag in 2011, that was the last excuse I heard. What else is there in 2018?

You can't deny the poor finals starts and the statistics that suggest a lack of genuine intent - forget talent. Our players aren't up for finals games, they talk the BS talk - 'it's all about finals, nothing else matters', 'this is what we play for', etc. It's all BS. Their intent suggests they either don't give a shit, or they just don't want it as much... We've been favorites in most of the 10 finals we've lost since 2011 too. Scott is rubbish.

But
I love this thread!

It like shift work.

Nightime shift workers (when we lose) clock on

we win, they clock off.

Daytime shift workers (when we win) clock on

:D
You would have to agree that Scotts team-lets say post 2013- have not achieved a grand final appearance so no chance of being premiers. You would have to say that he has failed to build skills and leadership on the ground. You would have to say that his KPIs of five players every game with less than 50 games has not been successful. You would have to say that he has not recruited experienced tough assistant coaches. You might even think that the club is too comfortable, smug and lazy and that reappointing Scott was just the easy way out-no additional work to be done by the Board and CEO.

Just tell your coach if the Tigers are beatable this year, he wont be doing it. Better luck next year September pussies

PS. What do you guys think, should Tom Lynch play CHF or FF for us next year?
Whatever position makes him the better scapegoat.

But

You would have to agree that Scotts team-lets say post 2013- have not achieved a grand final appearance so no chance of being premiers. You would have to say that he has failed to build skills and leadership on the ground. You would have to say that his KPIs of five players every game with less than 50 games has not been successful. You would have to say that he has not recruited experienced tough assistant coaches. You might even think that the club is too comfortable, smug and lazy and that reappointing Scott was just the easy way out-no additional work to be done by the Board and CEO.

Scott reminds me of most of the coaches. Give them an inch and they take a mile. It is no coincidence that both Bomber Thompson and Hardwick had their success AFTER they got their arses kicked via end of the year reviews.

My opinion of how the team has been developed is simple: skills!!! Most of our influx of skills has come from outside. Kelly, Parfitt, etc. Under Scott we have been abysmal in theis area.

The games are won and lost in the coaches box. And you can't win finals like that. You need the players to step up. And they can't if they can't even kick the ball to their team-mates. Thats 101 stuff.

Still waiting for the pro-Scott crew to come in and convince me why he should get 4 more years? Why give him an extension before finals? Is it because they knew we would shit the bed and the fans would be baying for his resignation?
They’ll be back after we have a few easy wins early in the season.

Until Scott is shown the door I'll be a casual observer rather than a supporter. We need someone who is ruthless. Until then I won't be spending my hard earned.
I won't even bother with that. This has become what supporting Arsenal did. A manager who thinks he is the golden boy of the league. Constantly costs the team with selections, match ups and recruiting. Eventually after enough awful, embarrassing results, he was pushed into retirement.

Time to go Scotty.

too old, too slow, cant play on a real size oval, coach cant get the side going in the first quarter, lack leg speed, lack composure and outcoached by a rookie....

see you next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back