Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still got overs on Lever. Pick 10 last year and pick 15-18 this year is still a win. Could've been better if they'd imploded like Melbourne normally does, but still a win.
Considering Lever has played 2 good games for them. ATM we are miles ahead on the trade.
The long game though depends on what Lever can do in the future. If he can avoid more knee issues, they could still win the trade. There has to be doubt there though. Not many multiple knee injured players have long careers. He might end up having played more games for us than them.
On the other side we never used 10 all that wisely IMO. Hopefully we get something good with this years pick.

The moment Lever did his knee the win got bigger for the Crows.

The fact Doedee walked in and filled his role with such ease shows exactly why Melbourne were hoodwinked.

Definitely. Took the deal from a slight win to the Crows to a massive one.

After all, it stops Lever from transitioning to a CHB for potentially two years which was the big thing that could even up this deal.

Yes mate, as it stands, theres no guarantee hell even play another game, unless you are claiming the handful of games played so far were worth 2 firsts?
The last 2 were not bad

Yes mate, as it stands, theres no guarantee hell even play another game, unless you are claiming the handful of games played so far were worth 2 firsts?
Clearly I wouldn't have such a pessimistic outlook. I expect another decade out of Lever.

Gawn did two knees at the exact same ages. And if we do get the decade I expect, then pick 10 and a very late pick in the teens is absolutely worth it.

Of course there are no guarantees, but I'll err on the optimistic side. You, of course, can please yourself.

The first pick last year got traded for Gibbs, there are no guarantees the pick this year will ever play a game.

It was a very good 11th. You know, AA squad worthy.

Do you think he was marked hard because they suspected he was going ?
No I don't. He played pretty well but only a moron would buy into that conspiracy theory bullshit. The top ten were very, very good.

But it helped us land Gibbs
Yes but wasn’t getting a 29 year old in supposed to help push you for a premiership? I doubt Gibbs would of been a priority if you were in the bottom half of the ladder.

It's time to get behind Melbourne, would rather them in the GF than West Coast. An all MCG tenant GF is the best result for the neutral supporter. I'd rather Melbourne win it and we get pick 18 than Richmond ice the game half way through the 2nd quarter agains
It was a very good 11th. You know, AA squad worthy.

Do you think he was marked hard because they suspected he was going ?

He was top 10 on votes per game whilst Hartigan and Talia were both very late teens. So he was easily rated the best of our 3 tall defenders.

It's time to get behind Melbourne, would rather them in the GF than West Coast. An all MCG tenant GF is the best result for the neutral supporter. I'd rather Melbourne win it and we get pick 18 than Richmond ice the game half way through the 2nd quarter again
I get that

But also I am curious how many Vic defeats non-Vic grand finals we could manage in a row. We are up to 5 in a row already.

Back