Rumour Busted Tim Kelly will be an Eagle next season

Remove this Banner Ad

How was Geelong “smug”? In selecting Kelly, Geelong missed out on others who would probably have committed long term. It was a risky selection that paid dividends in 2018.

Is it actually fact that WCE was going to select Kelly at 26, or is that just a convenient argument? If WCE thought Kelly was that good why didn’t they use an earlier pick?
You had a chance of 2 well credentialed key forwards or a mature aged mid which would you take. In my view WC made the right decision and I firmly believe they expected Kelly to be available at the next pick. Geelong took the initiative and that's OK too. Admittedly nobody know for sure what West Coasts intention were but there were many Geelong and WC posters saying at the time that Geelong had taken Kelly from under WC noses and most were of the view that the reason WC swapped the picks with GC was to get Kelly along with Ryan. Most Geelong posters were quite adamant that they had a bit of a victory by doing this, Its hardly a huge cost in assessing, developing etc and there was always a huge risk factor. So indignation is uncalled for.

lol so which of you 2 is the girl in that meme coz your understanding of these matters makes you both look that way, although I wouldn't want to be mistaken for George Costanza either.>_>
So you're saying that girls can't understand how restricted free agency works? I'm far from politically correct but this kind of thinking makes you sound like Sam Newman or some other old fossil that finds it hard to function in today's society.

So you're saying that girls can't understand how restricted free agency works? I'm far from politically correct but this kind of thinking makes you sound like Sam Newman or some other old fossil that finds it hard to function in today's society.
LOL comprehension is a serious problem for you.<_<

OK so you don't understand. ^I refer you both back to my previous response.^ Restricted Free Agent is still Free Agent. If the Crows had of resisted this trade any more than they did, it would have further hurt their reputation with players within their club and also with players on the outside looking in.

lol so which of you 2 is the girl in that meme coz your understanding of these matters makes you both look that way, although I wouldn't want to be mistaken for George Costanza either.>_>

LOL comprehension is a serious problem for you.<_<

Think my comprehension is fine mate, you seem to be the one having a few issues.

Geelong are just smug holding a player to ransom like this. They need to do the right thing and let him go, otherwise they are hypocrites especially considering their stance on Ablett.
Not sure where the smugness is? What will simply letting Kelly go for unders achieve? Geelong lose out. And Kelly completely dishonours a contract and essentially sticks it up the AFL and the draft system.

Not sure where the smugness is? What will simply letting Kelly go for unders achieve? Geelong lose out. And Kelly completely dishonours a contract and essentially sticks it up the AFL and the draft system.

Ablett dishonoured his GCS contract too but that's apparently a-ok

Ablett dishonoured his GCS contract too but that's apparently a-ok
He paid the money back. Ablett never made it secret he wanted to return to Geelong, and it took him more than 12 months. Kelly on the other hand had my sympathy right up until he declared his homesickness was only to get to WCE, that if Freo was the only option he’d put his homesickness on hold

He paid the money back. Ablett never made it secret he wanted to return to Geelong, and it took him more than 12 months. Kelly on the other hand had my sympathy right up until he declared his homesickness was only to get to WCE, that if Freo was the only option he’d put his homesickness on hold

Playing for Fremantle is the equivalent of being waterboarded so I can understand being selective :D

Playing for Fremantle is the equivalent of being waterboarded so I can understand being selective :D
So perhaps then you can understand Geelong wants to receive a fair trade and not be screwed over by the reigning premiers?

A fair trade is a pick in the 20's-40's :)
How so. Geelong got him last year for pick 24. You’re saying that a stellar season that saw Kelly pipped in the B&F by half a vote, awarded AFLPA Best First Year Player, and receive 13 Brownlow votes means SFA?

I know you jest.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so. Geelong got him last year for pick 24. You’re saying that a stellar season that saw Kelly pipped in the B&F by half a vote, awarded AFLPA Best First Year Player, and receive 13 Brownlow votes means SFA?

I know you jest.....

I'm deadly serious as I always am (including the Bay 13 persona :D).

You can't seriously expect a top 10 pick when he's not worth that. You're better off taking the Eagles best offer or risk having Kelly put in Zac Dawson level efforts in 2019 :).

I'm deadly serious as I always am (including the Bay 13 persona :D).

You can't seriously expect a top 10 pick when he's not worth that. You're better off taking the Eagles best offer or risk having Kelly put in Zac Dawson level efforts in 2019 :).
You say he’s worth “20-40’s”. Geelong knows otherwise. Freo has offered 11. What’s he worth?

Lets overlook the fact his contract was front ended! So his last 2 years were almost half the amounts... he truly fked GC over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Geelong are just smug holding a player to ransom like this. They need to do the right thing and let him go, otherwise they are hypocrites especially considering their stance on Ablett.
Ablett who gave the gold coast the best of his career over multiple contracts, who requested a trade home to he closer to his suicidal sister, who held out for another year when a deal couldn't be done (in which his sister succumbed) and who, when he finally came back, came back to play for next to nothing.

Few would bat an eye lid if Kelly played out his contract then requested a trade.

I know you jest.....
Xtreme is one of the very special Hawthorn posters. I wouldn't entertain him too much.

Ablett who gave the gold coast the best of his career over multiple contracts, who requested a trade home to he closer to his suicidal sister, who held out for another year when a deal couldn't be done (in which his sister succumbed) and who, when he finally came back, came back to play for next to nothing.

Few would bat an eye lid if Kelly played out his contract then requested a trade.

Oh please, Ablett was nothing but a money hungry mercenary.

Oh please, Ablett was nothing but a money hungry mercenary.
So are/were Mitchell, Franklin, Lynch, Shiell, Judd, Scully, Tippett, Lake, Boyd, McGovern, Ryder, Lever, Gunston, et al

Surely you jest ;)

Gunston was smart to get out of Adelaide years before the horrible culture of 2017-2018 :D
Anyone who leaves for more money is by your definition a mercenary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back