Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

They still have the bulk of their grand final side, outside of Charlie Cameron & Jake Lever.

Optimistic of Carlton to predict their demise.
They’ve got 2 years to strike then its downhill from there. Imo they’re not good to enough to win it and if they make the 8 they’re just making up the numbers.

They still have the bulk of their grand final side, outside of Charlie Cameron & Jake Lever.

Optimistic of Carlton to predict their demise.

Once again you're making silly statements. Carlton aren't predicting Adelaide's demise. They just have confidence they will win more games and not be bottom 2 or 3 next year. This means their pick wouldn't be 1 or 2. I think Adelaide will be mid table and I presume Carlton would as well.

Carlton haven’t even had their current recruiting team in place for 3 years. It’s just a lack of scruples that has posters unfazed by such judgement on one hand and then calling for patience on the other.

Any club with the chance that missed on Buddy that year, missed with their pick. Insert whatever word you find most palpable, but Buddy is a generational player and in a rare class; when those blokes show up on the radar, passing over them is not “nailing” your pick.
What rubbish...so in the year cripps was drafted, bontompelli and josh kelly were also drafted..so prey tell which clubs missed in selecting those players as you imply only 1 player in each draft can be considered not a miss. The answer is none as they are all topline players. Your message that if you didn't take the best player in the draft but instead took another that was a multiple AA and a member of the 250 game club is somehow a miss is laughable. :drunk:

Once again you're making silly statements. Carlton aren't predicting Adelaide's demise. They just have confidence they will win more games and not be bottom 2 or 3 next year. This means their pick wouldn't be 1 or 2. I think Adelaide will be mid table and I presume Carlton would as well.
Very optimistic to think both Adelaide & Carlton will be mid table next season.

Betting agencies currently have the Crows = 7th & Carlton 17th... which is more likely scenario.

They’ve got 2 years to strike then its downhill from there. Imo they’re not good to enough to win it and if they make the 8 they’re just making up the numbers.

Yes, we get it. It doesn’t take a great fortune teller to pick a side that won’t win a flag in the next handful of years. You could pick any team and your chances would be mathematically high. But your only on this bandwagon because of this trade. It really means nothing to anybody what you think. It’s not a measured or insightful position, it’s just your personal fantasy of getting Stocker for free. Saying it over and over won’t make it come true.

No different to some Crows fans that were convinced Rankine was sliding through to pick 8, until he was taken at 3 like most predicted.

It's easy to pick the best players in retrospect... but what was being discussed is drafting a gun with the a 1st round pick... rather than a dud.

Nope. The point being made was that should pick 2 and 12 be the eventual spread in this trade, there still remains a possibility that Carlton draft the better player; so the end of this tale is a few years away yet. The example given was of two players taken at those picks in the 2015 draft.

Someone replied “haggis..he is yet to miss.” And I said “depends what you call a miss”. Given the context of the point, yeah Griffin is a miss over Buddy. Buddy is indeed the much better player. Scully is a miss over Martin. Up to this point, and I’m not pretending I can tell the future, Milera over Curnow (and Weitering over Oliver to be fair) look to be this type of “miss” too, so your recruiter, while having a great record, doesn’t look entirely immune from these outcomes in my view. This seems to have upset a few Crows posters. Not sure why. It’s certainly not unreasonable.

And of course it’s easy to pick the best players in retrospect and it’s in retrospect this trade will ultimately be judged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we are not basing this on betting agencies?

You realise how and why they set the markets they do?
Reckon betting agencies are more likely scenario than a biased Blues supporter who thinks you will finish mid table. ;)

The difference is I'm not the only one who shares my opinion... from those who actually have watched Milera closely.

Confident Milera will be a gun from his draft year like Curnow, Mills & Oliver.

Get back to me in a year as confident you will also be proved wrong!
I didn't say That Milera wouldn't become a very good player he might. He is nowhere near Curnows level yet. Put Charlie in your team with the ball going forward more often he'd be a chance at All Australian.

It felt like there was a curse on us grand final day and now I see where it is from :think:

Take your blinkers off, nobody is suggesting Milera is better than Curnow. Curnow is in front at the moment but to suggest in anyway that he cannot be better than a Curnow and is a “miss” is just pure stupidity
Did anyone say that Milera would be a miss, i think we were saying that Curnow is in front at the moment.

This trade is Carlton clearly stating internally and externally that we are betting on ourselves to get better.

No more woe is us.
No more green shots.
No more accusations of tanking.

Whether it is delusion or confidence will be answered by play on the field.

I would think the AFL competition as a whole would be happy that we are being bold in wanting to get better through our own actions. Thankfully we got no priority pick hence the results or non-results will only be on us.

It is also amusing to see the popularity of this thread and the Stocker thread :D

This trade is Carlton clearly stating internally and externally that we are betting on ourselves to get better.

No more woe is us.
No more green shots.
No more accusations of tanking.

Whether it is delusion or confidence will be answered by play on the field.

I would think the AFL competition as a whole would be happy that we are being bold in wanting to get better through our own actions. Thankfully we got no priority pick hence the results or non-results will only be on us.

It is also amusing to see the popularity of this thread and the Stocker thread :D
Look all banter aside, If the crows get a top 3 pick at the end of next year - they are finally going to be able to take one of the very top kids in a draft year OR maybe they will use it to try and pry Rankine or Lukosius away from GC. Either way, the club should have a great hand next year. For Carlton, they got a guy they wanted this year and have a most likely mid to later 1st round pick to use next year - hardly a disaster and as you point out it was time for your club to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough and back themselves in to start moving up the ladder

Interesting nugget for those interested. Know a bloke very close to Dimmas son who said we had Stocker rated at 26 in our rankings. Carlton apparently had Stocker rated at 6 I’ve read elsewhere. Very interesting the difference between the two clubs

Interesting nugget for those interested. Know a bloke very close to Dimmas son who said we had Stocker rated at 26 in our rankings. Carlton apparently had Stocker rated at 6 I’ve read elsewhere. Very interesting the difference between the two clubs
So where did they have Cripps and Fisher ranked, we can go around in circles all day. It doesn't matter where Richmond had him ranked Carlton wanted him and they got him, now we wait to see if he's any good.

Not sure where Twomey got that from.

Bolton said to a mic’d up Walsh that they rated Stocker at no.8. That the horses mouth right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back