Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if, but when this movement gets up (hehe), you watch Koch claim it as his push and his crowning glory and ride off into the sunset after our 150th.

You know it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as it happens, let him.

I have just got back from sharing a few sherberts with the bloke across the road.
He played a couple of seasons for the Sturt magoos, and is a red hot Collingwood supporter, he has absolutely no problem with Port wearing the prison bars in the AFL, and has said he will sign the petition. :thumbsu:

Thank me very much. :rolleyes:

the 'violent opposition' usually comes from radio/facebook drongos doesn't it, when you think about it

left-quote.png
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.
right-quote.png

the 'violent opposition' usually comes from radio/facebook drongos doesn't it, when you think about it

left-quote.png

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.
right-quote.png
That minority group who still refuse to accept we are OneClub as they have SANFL allegiances.

left-quote.png

right-quote.png

That minority group who still refuse to accept we are OneClub as they have SANFL allegiances.

It's generally douchebags who think they are good at 'banta'

How I would go about compromising on this.

- Agree with Collingwood to give up the name Magpies in the SANFL
- Adopt the name Dingos in both the SANFL and AFL - one club
- Wear the same jumper (Prison bars) in the SANFL and AFL - one club

Dingo's, black and white? Are you crazy?
Although mainly sandy-yellow in colour, some dingoes may also be black and tan. The colour of a dingo is determined by where it lives. Golden yellow dingoes are found in sandy areas while darker black and tan dingoes are found in forests.

Are Dingo's a unique brand - yes
Is a Dingo an Australian brand - yes
Are Dingo's internationally recognised - thanks to Meryl Streep - yes
Are Dingo's considered badass - yes
Can an alternative design be used for kids promotions (the pups) - yes
Do we lose the teal and replace it with tan - yes

upload_2018-12-11_7-24-13.png

Last edited:

- Give up the name magpies in the SANFL
- Adopt the name Dingos in both the SANFL and AFL
- Wear the same jumper (Prison bars) in the SANFL and AFL

Although mainly sandy-yellow in colour, some dingoes may also be black and tan. The colour of a dingo is determined by where it lives. Golden yellow dingoes are found in sandy areas while darker black and tan dingoes are found in forests.

View attachment 594149
Dingo

What is this obsession with canning the Magpie name in the sanfl? Eddie DGAF.

People need to realise that every time they float the idea of a new nickname, colour scheme, mascot or anything else, they're muddying the waters.

Keep it simple and #bringbackthebars

I'd scrap it I don't feel any attachment to it anymore... Ports! at all levels thx

Still isn't going to please Eddie/Collingwood or help in bring back the PBs at AFL level. Shouldn't even be brought up as a part of this discussion.

Still isn't going to please Eddie/Collingwood or help in bring back the PBs at AFL level. Shouldn't even be brought up as a part of this discussion.
It's gonna go if we ever join a reserves comp anyway, it's an open forum old son it has no bearing on anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's gonna go if we ever join a reserves comp anyway, it's an open forum old son it has no bearing on anything.

What do you mean it has no bearing on anything? This whole movement has been driven by people on this forum.

What do you mean it has no bearing on anything? This whole movement has been driven by people on this forum.
Posters bringing up nicks doesn't in anyway impinge on the mission it's a public forum people can discuss what they like, as soon as you talk about guernsey change you can't avoid it have fun holding back spring if that's ya bag.

Posters bringing up nicks doesn't in anyway impinge on the mission it's a public forum people can discuss what they like, as soon as you talk about guernsey change you can't avoid it have fun holding back spring if that's ya bag.

If this was just another bigfooty thread I'd agree, but it isn't. This is supposed to be a strong message which has already been successful to the point that it's being discussed in the media and at board level at the Club.

It's about keeping the message clear and direct and any discussion other than wanting the PBs back at AFL level isn't helping the cause.

If this was just another bigfooty thread I'd agree, but it isn't. This is supposed to be a strong message which has already been successful to the point that it's being discussed in the media and at board level at the Club.

It's about keeping the message clear and direct and any discussion other than wanting the PBs back at AFL level isn't helping the cause.
Well distancing the Magpie in relation to the PB's is not a bad thing in my view but by all means go full Beryl.

- Agree with Collingwood to give up the name Magpies in the SANFL
- Adopt the name Dingos in both the SANFL and AFL - one club
- Wear the same jumper (Prison bars) in the SANFL and AFL - one club

Are Dingo's a unique brand - yes
Is a Dingo an Australian brand - yes
Are Dingo's internationally recognised - thanks to Meryl Streep - yes
Are Dingo's considered badass - yes
Can an alternative design be used for kids promotions (the pups) - yes
Do we lose the teal and replace it with tan - yes

View attachment 594149

Absolutely not, we are not becoming the Dingos.

We will not give up the magpies name in the SANFL not power in the AFL.

Rediculous suggestion.

So an anti PB nuffie on Facebook (formerly a Glenelg fan), who has argued vociferously against at every mention claimed that even Fiacchi has changed his mind.

Fiacchi soon put him straight! Was lovely :).

It doesn't, but it also has nothing to do with the campaign. No part of the quest has anything to do with the nickname.

Signed the petition, however I had a bit of trouble finding the website via Google.

If you type in bringbackthebars, it automatically sent me to bringbackthebees.com, as well as some petitions around bars in Texas I think (even with the website iny history now, it keeps trying to redirect me to these motherflipping bees). Not sure if there is anything you can do about it, however it is worth investigating.

Signed the petition, however I had a bit of trouble finding the website via Google.

If you type in bringbackthebars, it automatically sent me to bringbackthebees.com, as well as some petitions around bars in Texas I think (even with the website iny history now, it keeps trying to redirect me to these motherflipping bees). Not sure if there is anything you can do about it, however it is worth investigating.

Without wishing to inflame all the Bing haters...

8463eec4-d021-49b3-85be-4c0fc29523db.png

I found some petition to bring back Milo bars the other day. Not quite as popular though with only 10 signatories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back