Game Day AFLW R1 2019 - Crows vs Dogs @Norwood (2/2/19)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can safely say the bulldogs will not go back to back. They rely on a handful of players and are pretty average.

Maybe if the $200k the AFL threw at millionaires like Dangerflog who don't need the $ to promote a video game went to these players who are passionate about AFL, they could spend more time practicing and lift the standard

Maybe.

I do wonder whether they should adapt structurally to deal with the shorter kick range- perhaps a smaller ground with reduced numbers to avoid congestion would produce a better spectacle (in my subjective view).

Having said that, the product is selling- people are attending, people are tuning in- which are pretty good indicators that my concern about the quality of the games isnt widely shared. I just wonder about the long term prospects of the league if it continues about this level. There needs to be more scoring. I'm not sure if people who attend a game where their team scores one goal will keep coming back year after year. But I might be wrong.

Completely different game style with a new coach. Good by kick and hope hello link up play. If we could actually kick a goal it would be even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why theboundary umpire threw the ball back into play from about 20m in from the boundary line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back