Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Simon Goodwin and
People must watch this show or it wouldn't keep going.
I dunno how though. Boring as. Robbo is always half pissed and dribbles on.
Wheatley provides no great insight either. Just says everything in a serious and foreboding voice which makes him sound smart.
Never boring imho. Always insightful and respectful comments by both coaches.
The very last episode, post GF, Robbo was asking CS about his communication with his players because of what we saw with Bucks and Simpson, and it would have been great to hear his reply. BUT, Richo obviously sensed CS was being "attacked" and interjected with a clever reply that not all coaches do it the same way.
It is worth watching when CS says things. Not sure why you say it' s boring seeing as you have watched all the episodes, otherwise how can you comment on both GW and Robbo

Maybe Simon Goodwin and

The very last episode, post GF, Robbo was asking CS about his communication with his players because of what we saw with Bucks and Simpson, and it would have been great to hear his reply. BUT, Richo obviously sensed CS was being "attacked" and interjected with a clever reply that not all coaches do it the same way.
It is worth watching when CS says things. Not sure why you say it' s boring seeing as you have watched all the episodes, otherwise how can you comment on both GW and Robbo
I've watched a few. Probably about 20 before I got rid of Foxtel.
Yeah I found it too boring to watch any more. Not enough interesting things happen to me in footy to have a show on 5 nights a week.

I've watched a few. Probably about 20 before I got rid of Foxtel.
Yeah I found it too boring to watch any more. Not enough interesting things happen to me in footy to have a show on 5 nights a week.
I only watched the Monday night episodes with CS / Richo "religiously"

I only watched the Monday night episodes with CS / Richo "religiously"
Yeah fair enough. Monday was always the best night cause it's after the weekend.
The CS/ Richo thing was interesting to me cause I go for Geelong, if it was another coach I wouldn't really enjoy it.
I'm not exaggerating, every single time I've watched it Robbo seemed like he'd been drinking.

Maybe Simon Goodwin and

I watch but for the record robbo is a sack lol

Yeah fair enough. Monday was always the best night cause it's after the weekend.
The CS/ Richo thing was interesting to me cause I go for Geelong, if it was another coach I wouldn't really enjoy it.
I'm not exaggerating, every single time I've watched it Robbo seemed like he'd been drinking.

Last time i saw robbo he was nailing darts like it was1970 and him and kingy were getting booted out of crown.

Mike sheehans successor i saying that hutchy, Gary Lyon, Eddie, gerard Healy worlds most dramatic boring man. And so I'm not completely sexist caroline wilson not a lot going on in commentary and journalism I'm giving the thumbs up too. I mean even purple gets some good stories just an absolute pest always snooping around

Boring as bat s**t, you never ever see CS taken to task by either Whateley or Robbo the weak pricks.
They never would. In fairness I've never seen anyone take CS to task except (maybe Blighty????) at a season launch.
Journos generally do it behind their back anyway.
I can understand why too. Just look at that confidence video at the top of the page.
CS just flat out dismisses something we all know is real, what's the point of even bothering to keep going if that's what your dealing with.
Ross Lyon is just being a total dickhead, trying to embarrass a journo, and everyone else laughs and panders to him.
I would of been, "You don't know what confidence means?" "How'd you graduate from primary school you stupid campaigner"

So why didn't Robbo as a jurno step in and say Richo i specifically asked CS a question so let him answer it, plastic show at best.
You had to see the show to get the context. But he tried, and had done so many times, and will continue if CS is on again. Richo gets hammered a bit.
Not everything is all or none, black or white.

So, Alan Richardson is quitting 360.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...ar-of-living-dangerously-20190206-p50w38.html

He doesn't want scrutiny of his job while he's in such a precarious position.

Interestingly, the author, Jake Niall, suggests that Cats fans who think Scott should also be in the firing line are delusional...

"It is much easier for a coach to be a weekly feature on television or radio when he's out of the firing line and can speak naturally. Geelong's Chris Scott – a talented media performer – has been in that happy position throughout his time with Fox Footy. While his methods have been heavily scrutinised – especially by deluded Cats fans who think the coach is still driving the Mercedes-Benz of 2009 – Scott's own position has never been under threat."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/afl/saints-coach-wisely-quits-tv-gig-in-year-of-living-dangerously-20190206-p50w38.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...ar-of-living-dangerously-20190206-p50w38.html

Interestingly, the author, Jake Niall, suggests that Cats fans who think Scott should also be in the firing line are delusional...

"It is much easier for a coach to be a weekly feature on television or radio when he's out of the firing line and can speak naturally. Geelong's Chris Scott – a talented media performer – has been in that happy position throughout his time with Fox Footy. While his methods have been heavily scrutinised – especially by deluded Cats fans who think the coach is still driving the Mercedes-Benz of 2009 – Scott's own position has never been under threat."

Interesting comment. Just an opinion like the rest of us mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, if he doesn't turn it around this year that'll be it.
Theyve spent the cash and got Ratten and Lade, this is the year he has to focus and really do something

Hahaha, Jake must not know about Scott's finals coaching record, can someone please tell him that even with the inherited side that won all finals in 2011 he's record is still hovering at a lowly 40%, one of the worst of any coach who's had so much action in September.

Oh and Scot won't be leaving 360 because he has a debt to pay off from his pub, everything he gets involved in turns to s**t.

Hahaha, Jake must not know about Scott's finals coaching record, can someone please tell him that even with the inherited side that won all finals in 2011 he's record is still hovering at a lowly 40%, one of the worst of any coach who's had so much action in September.
Jake mentions the Mercedes Benz of 2009. Maybe Scott is now driving a Jumpy Holden?

Good to see footy journalism is at its usual standard.

So Geelong fans think it's 2009 apparently. I'd offer a few questions for him:

Do you have evidence that Geelong fans think he has the 2009 side at his command?
Can you explain why we've only won 3 of our last 12 finals?
Can you explain why we've gone goalless in the opening quarter of a final three years in succession?
Can you explain how in 2016 and 2017 we finished 2nd on the ladder but didn't even make the grand final?

Whatever vehicle is being driven in 2019, the fact is Scott has had 8 full seasons now. It's his responsibility.

The only reason Scott's position hasn't been under threat is because "journalists" like Niall don't do their job.

Do you have evidence that Geelong fans think he has the 2009 side at his command?
Can you explain why we've gone goalless in the opening quarter of a final three years in succession?
Can you explain how in 2016 and 2017 we finished 2nd on the ladder but didn't even make the grand final?

Whatever vehicle is being driven in 2019, the fact is Scott has had 8 full seasons now. It's his responsibility.

The only reason Scott's position hasn't been under threat is because "journalists" like Niall don't do their job.
All good questions.
I'm not Jake, but allow me...

Perhaps he feels Geelong is travelling as good as it can, considering it doesn't have that 2009 team at its disposal? (I suspect he is targeting those more "vocal" Scott critics here.)
We started badly and couldn't catch up? We stuffed up in the dying minutes? Complacency? Selection? I guess it depends which final you are talking about.
Overawed? Underprepared? Mentally weak? I wish I knew the real answer.
We weren't good enough?

Yes, Chris Scott is the man in charge. I suspect even Jake will change his tune if we get more of the same this year.
But he might be right. Maybe we just aren't good enough.

You should never buy a Mercedes as a kids first car.
They won't look after it properly.
Instead of taking the time to replace the head gasket when it starts using coolant they'll just pour ChemWeld in it for a quick fix.
Will run fine for a while until it tottally shits itself.

You should never buy a Mercedes as a kids first car.
They won't look after it properly.
Instead of taking the time to replace the head gasket when it starts using coolant they'll just pour ChemWeld in it for a quick fix.
Will run fine for a while until it tottally shits itself.
Good analogy Spazz....

It's not actually clear that scrutiny has made Richardson step down, unless I'm missing something? Seems to just be Niall's speculation.

He's an okay-ish writer but legitimately bad as a journalist imo. Just writes down his first impression on something and calls it a day.

Got to say I am 100% with Robbo on this subject...

Mahr is not my favourite but honestly they all bug me at one time or another. Mahr is strong on some subject , and at time is like a wood splinter in your sock..but i give him credit for his consistently strong stance on the aflw. I think 360 would be better if Robbo was only one or twice a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back