2019 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

I've tended to tell them that I don't think I can convince my wife that the price of the tickets is good value.
Yeh I politely declined, he was a smooth talker but

I couldn’t help myself once and blurted our THREE HUNDRED DOLLARs??? Hahaha no waaayy and the guy was quite shocked.
reckon those calls are at the bottom of the pile of jobs I'd wanna do in the membership department at carlton........if someone said ok to me I'd probably reply with "seriously? they're 300 bucks each, ffs".........

dunno bout dat

In my view 65k is pretty much done. We are over 10k up on this time last year and from this point until membership cut off we achieved an extra 13k. We didn’t win a game until the cut off from memory. An extra 13k from here gets us 65k plus ... strategically speaking they’ve just introduced the new pack a few weeks before the season to give it a boost.

Don’t forget we are a massive club... we’ve been downtrodden for a long time but we’re on the rise now and with the right people running the ship our membership will be in line with Essendon and Collingwood in no time. Geelong has 65k members for god sake...it shouldn’t be that hard for us.

In my view 65k is pretty much done. We are over 10k up on this time last year and from this point until membership cut off we achieved an extra 13k. We didn’t win a game until the cut off from memory. An extra 13k from here gets us 65k plus ... strategically speaking they’ve just introduced the new pack a few weeks before the season to give it a boost.

Don’t forget we are a massive club... we’ve been downtrodden for a long time but we’re on the rise now and with the right people running the ship our membership will be in line with Essendon and Collingwood in no time. Geelong has 65k members for god sake...it shouldn’t be that hard for us.
Nice

been on the rise before....

70,000 Members may be feasible if we win the upcoming JLT games and whack the Tigers round 1.
Which we can do once we know how the Krooz and Fasolo will present.
So hard to keep a lid on it, image whacking the Tigers before 90,000 spectators at the MCG. Sam Walsh will never forget the great day.

If we can gwt this many members to sign up coming off the worst season in our history.m, can you imagine the figure when we actually start pushing for Finals on a regular basis.
Which is the main reason Liddle gave for the club not trying to get afl home and away games at princes park. Looks like he might have known what he was talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmae
Retention will come with success. 6-8 games would be a "success" after last season.
Richmond didn't have a problem with membership when they were finshing 9th.
Carlton's all time record 56,005 was last year, and we won only 2 matches and thrashed in many.
So if retention was a problem then it would be right now, so far it is not.
Providing we have a fit list, and no major injuries, 8 wins maybe on the lower end of the scale?
We have got to the club the two top blokes in their trade, Liddle and Russell.

Jimmae
Retention will come with success. 6-8 games would be a "success" after last season.
Richmond didn't have a problem with membership when they were finshing 9th.
Carlton's all time record 56,005 was last year, and we won only 2 matches and thrashed in many.
So if retention was a problem then it would be right now, so far it is not.
Providing we have a fit list, and no major injuries, 8 wins maybe on the lower end of the scale?
We have got to the club the two top blokes in their trade, Liddle and Russell.
Retention won't come by default with success. Price points matter.

The balance may minimal if you consider the extra interest by getting the funds in earlier
That's going to be marginal, it's more about the non-recurring members. I'd be interested to know how many of these numbers are from the Charlie Curnow kids membership program we staged last year.

The number looks nice, but the revenue and attendance matters more to the further development of the club.

That's going to be marginal, it's more about the non-recurring members. I'd be interested to know how many of these numbers are from the Charlie Curnow kids membership program we staged last year.

The number looks nice, but the revenue and attendance matters more to the further development of the club.

I think for what our on field results were last year it is a great base line

A known fact that we have one of the largest supporter base in the league, the work now will be converting them to members

The blues last year had almost $62m in revenue, just under $9m came from memberships and reserved seating, just over $2m came from gate receipts. In 2015 & 2016 we had roughly $54m in revenue, $8.6m was from memberships and about $2m was from gate receipts.

Memberships are much less about revenue and much more about clout with the AFL, access to big games and FTA and getting a big home team turn out.

Next year's Membership Tally will edge over 70,000 easily a new chapter after the solid 6 to 8 wins for 2019 and the addition of some mature A grade talent, GWS one of Coniglio, or Tomlinson and Suns Martin perhaps?
We’ll be flying in 2020/21.
Administration, Coaching and Footy departments, rearranged and upgraded its onwards and upwards for the Mighty Baggers

Memberships are much less about revenue and much more about clout with the AFL, access to big games and FTA and getting a big home team turn out.
Aren't they all fancy ways for saying revenue. Clubs want big games to advance their brand, have better earnings from ticket sales and potential membership growth.

It's always about revenue.

Aren't they all fancy ways for saying revenue. Clubs want big games to advance their brand, have better earnings from ticket sales and potential membership growth.

It's always about revenue.

I was talking direct revenue.

In 2017 we had just over 47k in membership, in 2018 we had 56k yet the difference in membership & gate takings was a total of roughly $300k, which is less than 5% of the $8m increase in total revenue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back