Prediction Where will we finish in 2019

Where will Sydney Finish the 2018 Regular Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What are we expecting this year

Seems to be the expert consensus we will miss the 8 or at best be making up the numbers.

on the surface our list didnt really improve, we still have a lot of older key players, but some promising kids.

Buddy is still a superstar of course, I dont think we have a legit A grade mid right now, potential a graders yes.

Defence is a bit slow and short

Game plan needs fixing

I think our best is to scrape into the 8, but will go 9-12

I think our side will be better than last year, but still bottom half of the eight.

Last year in a very close comp we lost games we shouldn't have, played with a busted superstar, without a top line Rickman, an 18yo CHF and managed 6th.
The comp will be close again, our youngsters will be better. IF Bud and Sinkers stay healthy we will finish 4-6th. If not could be as low as 10th.

I think our expected finish is tempered with how much improvement there is in the younger guys. Based on their trajectory so far, we're probably are a middle of the road team between 8th and 12th.

However, who's not to say guys like Heeney, Mills, Florent, Hayward take a huge leap forward into elite status? In which case, I reckon the flag is within reach

The consensus is definitely we'll miss the 8. Very few have us in and if they do, it's scraping in.

I actually like our chances of being a solid 5-8 team, a better team on the whole than last year. If we maintain an injury list similar to what we have now, I think we'll surprise a lot of people and set ourselves up for the next few years of being contenders again. Our list is so young now which is unusual for us but our depth in KPF and KPD are both improving steadily with the additions of younger talent (Aliir, Melican, Blakey, McCartin) and our midfield is having stock added to it with Mills, Jones, Florent, Clarke, Dawson, Hewett becoming bigger parts. We need a good run with injuries though.

I think one of the keys is actually to steadily and appropriately move on from the really old guys we have around the best 22 over the next 12 months. Grundy, McVeigh, Jack, Smith all have to go sooner rather than later and the young guys have to take it from them.

Tangential, but that's what happened in the lead up to 2005 when the likes of Maxfield, Williams, Cresswell, Kelly, Dunkley left or took on smaller roles. And again in the lead up to 2012 as O'loughlin, Barry, Crouch, Kennelly, Kirk left. The really old guys left and many thought we'd tumble down the ladder but we had young guys and recruits ready to take over. If we can play the next 18 months smartly with recruitment and replacement of veterans, we'll be right in contention for the next few years imo.

The consensus is definitely we'll miss the 8. Very few have us in and if they do, it's scraping in.

I actually like our chances of being a solid 5-8 team, a better team on the whole than last year. If we maintain an injury list similar to what we have now, I think we'll surprise a lot of people and set ourselves up for the next few years of being contenders again. Our list is so young now which is unusual for us but our depth in KPF and KPD are both improving steadily with the additions of younger talent (Aliir, Melican, Blakey, McCartin) and our midfield is having stock added to it with Mills, Jones, Florent, Clarke, Dawson, Hewett becoming bigger parts. We need a good run with injuries though.

I think one of the keys is actually to steadily and appropriately move on from the really old guys we have around the best 22 over the next 12 months. Grundy, McVeigh, Jack, Smith all have to go sooner rather than later and the young guys have to take it from them.

Tangential, but that's what happened in the lead up to 2005 when the likes of Maxfield, Williams, Cresswell, Kelly, Dunkley left or took on smaller roles. And again in the lead up to 2012 as O'loughlin, Barry, Crouch, Kennelly, Kirk left. The really old guys left and many thought we'd tumble down the ladder but we had young guys and recruits ready to take over. If we can play the next 18 months smartly with recruitment and replacement of veterans, we'll be right in contention for the next few years imo.

I think even if this is a down year we are on the right path with the list development now, losing hanners (time was right) rohan , pay off tippett etc etc

But we need to adapt how we play and unleash these kids, i dont have faith we will this year, but hope i am wrong

8th or 9th. We are exactly a middle of the ladder team because that’s where our list is. Others started their rebuilds belatedly (Fremantle, Bulldogs, North) so they will always be below us. Others started theirs before us (Richmond, Melbourne, Brisbane), so I think they will be ahead of us. I think if we’re not locked in the top 8 by about round 13-16, ditch the veterans and play the young’n’s (hopefully they’ve pushed their claims before then anyway.)

Said it before and I’ll say it again.. 2021 is where it’s at people!! Jump on board!

I think it's tricky to predict how much impact the 6-6-6 setup will have on Swans defensive structures.

I'm predicting a finish of 6th again this year. If the midfield improves with Hanners departure and the addition of extra support in the younguns then that should alleviate some of the repeat entries the defense was forced to endure last year. If only Naismith can get on the park and a good portion of KPP remain healthy then Swans could finish even higher.

Will be an exciting year to see the changing landscape of Bloods footy evolve to adjust to the new rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too think our list is stronger and bats deeper than last year. The kids we relied on to make the 8 last year have another pre season under their belts.

With a reasonable run with injury I can see us making the lower half of the 8.

14-17 wins and fall apart in the finals

14 wins is sometimes, but not always, enough for top 4. I voted for 4-8

At this point I'm thinking there has never been a safer bet ;)

6th-8th
Not playing this week (OK some on are on the injured list), Smith, Naismith, Menzel, Jack, Thurlow, COR, Ronke, McCartin, Fox, Stoddart
Hopefully more debutants: McInerney, Rowbottom
We seem to have a better depth than we had in 2018 - Reid, Melican, Mills essentially missed most of the year.
Yes we have more in our group that 24 years or younger but some of those are now into their 3rd season of playing seniors.
#GoBloods #ProudlySydney

Not expecting us to seriously challenge for the premiership but we'll make the 8. There are still plenty of bog ordinary teams in the competition.

This prediction is looking pretty good based on what I've seen so far.

Back