Toast Path to finals - We're in the Eight baby!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope everyone got the tickets they wanted.
Damn missed out on two tickets even with 2 x memberships. Was going back home to visit family. First time ever I think I've missed out on the First Week game. Can't see how this game is 100k fans, must be unallocated tickets around.

I hope we're using the time off to practice 4th quarters. We've been goalless for Q4 for two games and just one Q4 goal in another over our last five games.

I suggest a 20km run then straight into a quarter against a fresh reserves team (who are under instruction to attack at all costs). Seniors can wear weight belts too. The umpiring should give us nothing while the reserves get a lazy 10 or 15 iffy frees inside forward 50, just to make it realistic.

I’m not taking the high road. I’m just bored of the identical whinging every week. I’m well aware of the umpiring bias against us over multiple seasons. The overall free kick counts don’t lie. We have been shafted more times than I can count. I just don’t think it’s been as big a factor in the last couple of seasons as people make out. Now we even get the rub of the green sometimes - not that this board ever notices or admits it. In the first half against Adelaide, virtually all the calls seemed to go our way. It evened out in the second half, and the match thread became apoplectic with the injustice of it all. Corruption! Conspiracy! Like clockwork. And then a ridiculous call saves the game and our season, but it’s not politically correct to mention that? Well no. It happened and I will mention it. There was nothing wrong with my last paragraph.

But look, this is just how the AFL forums operate. Everyone thinks they’re shafted by the umpires, and historical data does show we get shafted more often than just about anyone else. I’m not trying to shut anyone up. I just personally find the constant whinging a bit dull.

Plus I am a bit of a contrarian. I can’t help it. I can’t stand the bleating in unison, but I can recognise that this is more of a me problem. So whatever. Bleat away.
Lead by example then. Constantly whining about other posters is not going to chance their behaviour. Fans gotta vent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it was close to 50-50 for Melb-Swans Qualifying final last year, hopefully around 70-30 v Blues, they will be loud. We do get a great representation in Melbourne, this will be a biggie!!
I'm pumped. Got my tickets with a few Swans mates, while my wife and her dad sits elsewhere supporting the blues!

I've been following the swans for 40 years and I don't think I've ever attended a non GF game with a crowd that large. Absolutely stoked. God I hope we win.
Talk of 90k double. Thursday. Friday.
Depending on members and the weather.

Home crowd noise - and we don't make enough of it at SCG I feel. How did we end up after the weekend with a big crowd?
Good point. It doesn't seem to take much to hush the SCG crowd. We need the noise in Q4 most of all, when/if we're being hammered by a string of opposition goals. Fans need to make some noise to get the team revved up. Too often the relationship is one way, so we cheer the team getting revved up.

For those who missed out of tickets (weirdly, never thought first final this be an issue at the G vs. us) - Wait out until next Wednesday, potentially the unallocated tickets will be redistributed to the everyone else still trying to get one. There would be at least 90k expected based on this alone I'd imagine.

Otherwise, Rising Sun be the second home to watch

How good would it be though, to knock the Blues out week 1 given they set the bar high to win a final. It would make my year!

I'm pumped. Got my tickets with a few Swans mates, while my wife and her dad sits elsewhere supporting the blues!
Blues supporters? Surely you can't have known that when you married her. I think even the Catholic Church will annul a marriage founded on such treachery.

It's just a suggestion but perhaps your wife and her father could sit in a spare bedroom or your bathroom, tied to chairs and tightly gagged. It's only fair to let loyal Swans fans enjoy their tickets. It may seem a tad harsh but believe me, when Carlton inevitably lose they'll thank you.

It's better to live without hope than to entertain foolish optimism, only to see it dashed on the rocky shores of reality. Carlton fans are used to shared misery. Just don't stay out too late celebrating. My wife gets grumpy from lack of food

Blues supporters? Surely you can't have known that when you married her. I think even the Catholic Church will annul a marriage founded on such treachery.

It's just a suggestion but perhaps your wife and her father could sit in a spare bedroom or your bathroom, tied to chairs and tightly gagged. It's only fair to let loyal Swans fans enjoy their tickets. It may seem a tad harsh but believe me, when Carlton inevitably lose they'll thank you.

It's better to live without hope than to entertain foolish optimism, only to see it dashed on the rocky shores of reality. Carlton fans are used to shared misery. Just don't stay out too late celebrating. My wife gets grumpy from lack of food
You make some fine points. I will take them under consideration, however, just in case, do you have a spare couch I can crash on?

If we manage to beat Carlton next week then the further into finals we go, the more advantageous that loss to Melbourne will prove to be.

If you subscribe to the idea that all good things come to an end, then it's better that we go into finals off a loss, rather than seven straight wins.

And it also means that from here on, if we're to win the premiership, we only need to win four games in a row, rather than eleven games in a row.

We've essentially been given a reality check and a chance to reset, at the expense of a home final. Not the worst deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back