Toast Path to finals - We're in the Eight baby!!

Remove this Banner Ad

If we manage to beat Carlton next week then the further into finals we go, the more advantageous that loss to Melbourne will prove to be.

If you subscribe to the idea that all good things come to an end, then it's better that we go into finals off a loss, rather than seven straight wins.

And it also means that from here on, if we're to win the premiership, we only need to win four games in a row, rather than eleven games in a row.

We've essentially been given a reality check and a chance to reset, at the expense of a home final. Not the worst deal.
100% the point I was making the other day. "A good loss to have"
Albeit I was 7 beers down after playing lawn bowls till 1/2 time.
* I was watching the game on my phone .

Statistically 11 in a row to a GF is rare.
From the bottom 1/2 of the 8. Even rarer.

*mind you carlton lost as well.

If we manage to beat Carlton next week then the further into finals we go, the more advantageous that loss to Melbourne will prove to be.

If you subscribe to the idea that all good things come to an end, then it's better that we go into finals off a loss, rather than seven straight wins.

And it also means that from here on, if we're to win the premiership, we only need to win four games in a row, rather than eleven games in a row.

We've essentially been given a reality check and a chance to reset, at the expense of a home final. Not the worst deal.

agreed
and to go all the way from where we were would have required 11 straight wins
much easier to just win four from here

it's sudden death for us but will be sudden death for everyone we play too
no team can afford to be overconfident or complacent

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit, it was painful every time Geelong scored and they would show the pre-recorded footage of Geelong players celebrating on the big screen. And there was a shot of Gary Rohan where he did the arm-curl celebration. That footage really started to aggravate me because it came on so frequently :'( It's seared into my memory bank.

Felt a little like this as the game went on...

OIP.GiOMnksuyFg9YRylaHp8uwAAAA

I must admit, it was painful every time Geelong scored and they would show the pre-recorded footage of Geelong players celebrating on the big screen. And there was a shot of Gary Rohan where he did the arm-curl celebration. That footage really started to aggravate me because it came on so frequently :'( It's seared into my memory bank.

the simpsons aco GIF

Me during the game.

My family has a rule where if at 3/4 time one team is up by 60 points we can leave to avoid the traffic. I never thought I would use it on a GF

Last year's GF when I attended it was just numb, just shocked in a way. Wasn't angry at the umps because it didn't affect the result... just acceptance of what it was.
Same, I was double-numb because I was questioning whether to go after the devastation of 2014 & 2016, but felt I'd never forgive myself if I sat through those 2 and missed a GF victory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back