Rumour 3AW - rumour Grundy wants back to S.A.

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was Adelaide I’d be ringing every radio station in the country saying Grundy is coming. Keep saying it in the hope it becomes true.

And the fillings from your teeth.

Nah the point is "first round picks" are not all the same.

I'm not going to get into a debate of what he is worth, he is a bloody handy player and for this discussion I don't believe he is coming. But when people say that a player is worth two first rounders, mid first rounders can't be nearly as important as a top 3 first rounder and they are better than two late first rounders.

If someone said "he is worth two top 10 picks, it quantifies it better

Yeah this isn't news, anyone around the footy scene in Melbourne has known this for sometime that he wants out.

Yeah this isn't news, anyone around the footy scene in Melbourne has known this for sometime that he wants out.
The 23-year-old ruckman has committed to the Magpies for another three years, signing a contract which will keep him at the club until the end of 2020.

“I love the football club. I love playing here,” Grundy told Collingwood Media upon announcing his new deal.

“I really enjoy playing on the MCG and running out with my teammates. I enjoy the camaraderie I have with them.”
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-08-24/signed-on-grundy-home-at-collingwood

Brodie likes playing in Melbourne.
Brodie likes living in Melbourne.
Brodie likes playing for Collingwood.
Brodie would like to move back to SA one day.
Brodie's preference is to play for Adelaide if he was playing in SA.

These things are not secrets...

Brodie likes playing in Melbourne.
Brodie likes living in Melbourne.
Brodie likes playing for Collingwood.
Brodie would like to move back to SA one day.
Brodie's preference is to play for Adelaide if he was playing in SA.

These things are not secrets...
Well it's out now:rolleyes:

The 23-year-old ruckman has committed to the Magpies for another three years, signing a contract which will keep him at the club until the end of 2020.

“I love the football club. I love playing here,” Grundy told Collingwood Media upon announcing his new deal.

“I really enjoy playing on the MCG and running out with my teammates. I enjoy the camaraderie I have with them.”
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-08-24/signed-on-grundy-home-at-collingwood
Oh dear, you obviously don't hang around a few of the boys in the Melbourne footy scene. Going by what they tell the media is you already in denial.

PATHETIC!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows will think Christmas has come early might explain why they didn’t get a ruck this year if they knew Grundy was coming in

Will be an interesting scenario if that is the case.

Pies will want Carlton pick, assuming it's a top 3-5 pick, which is not unreasonable...

But he's a RFA the year after.

I’m surprised the Pies are managing to stay within the cap.. that would have to be a factor.
Their entire backline wouldn't be on that much. Dunn & Roughy would be on base, Reid can't get on the paddock so would be cheap, Howe might be on AFL average?

Will be an interesting scenario if that is the case.

Pies will want Carlton pick, assuming it's a top 3-5 pick, which is not unreasonable...

But he's a RFA the year after.

If Grundy has his heart set on returning to SA it’s definitely in collingwoods best interest to get a deal done this year

The Band 1 compo they get if they continue current form they are looking at a pick in the high teens vs Adelaide giving up potentially Carlton’s first along with another first rounder or player that you would assume current market value is

Not to mention if it does turn into a bidding war with his restricted free agent status it wouldn’t be hard for the crows to come up with an offer that Collingwood can’t match due to cap positions just be having a quick look at each teams list

If Grundy is worth 2 x Rd 1picks... where does Tim Kelly rate for value comparison.

Granted, one contracted and TK is OOC.

GO Catters

If Grundy is worth 2 x Rd 1picks... where does Tim Kelly rate for value comparison.

Granted, one contracted and TK is OOC.

GO Catters

Top 12 should get an OOC Kelly done I'd think.

Grundy with his best yet to come should demand the biggest trade in the modern era IMO, We are talking about a big time player with Brodie.

Top 12 should get an OOC Kelly done I'd think.

Grundy with his best yet to come should demand the biggest trade in the modern era IMO, We are talking about a big time player with Brodie.

Like Dangerfield?

Or even Tom Lynch?

Biggest trade of the modern era, jesus christ.

Absoloutely I believe no one. Majority of these rumours are straight up lies. The ITK posters often are just weirdos who wanna be relevant but 90% of the rumours here never happen
Media perpetuates these stories to give themselves something to talk about, and helps tools like McClure practice their smug mug look on tv when ‘breaking stories’.

Biggest self licking ice cream aside from the AMA.

Grundy is worth more than the #1 pick.
He is the best player in the comp in his position and is about to turn 25.
He is a top 10 player in the comp
He is still contracted until 2020.

He is worth 2 1st round picks for sure
My memory is cast back to the Dangerfield trade where Geelong couldn’t give up pick X because they had it flagged for Henderson or whatever his name was from Carlton. The media then come out and cry in favour of the cats offering a lesser deal because of some emotional debt the crows owed Dangerfield. I realise we aren’t comparing apples with apples but it would be interesting to see if there is a ‘go home’ factor, of the same argument applies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back