Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All of our leaders need a kick up the arse. Balta and Stack were a real shining light. Dimma needs a plan B. Our 2017 plan got found out halfway through last year, and like 2017 we need a mid season tactial rethink. At least that s**t is over and now it's time to watch Victory, a team that's always hungry despite success.
Are you jumping off already dont let the door hit you on the way out.

This is why I wanted us to go in and make 7-8 changes to last week's side. We were not getting the effort required from those down on form last week and they pretty much repeated their performance again this week.

Richmond, don't be gutless and actually make unforced changes this week!
Makes no sense we dont want to throw to many in the deep end at once, we will already be making enough changes as it is, what a great opportunity though for the kids to show what they've got.

He kicked more balls to Giants than us but at least he didnt take short steps like Ellis.
Short steps? You must have been reading a few pages of mills and boon in the third quarter and missed his massive crunch on one of the big giants forwards. Commentators said " he took one for the team"
Funny how we're praising Rioli, and rightly so, but no-one has bothered to praise Brando.

Also, remember his front on clash with Danger both going at full pace in the QF? No side step or softness there.

Agree. I'm surprised he is still gets the gig considering we have Bolton playing well in the 2's
Time has come for him to be dropped and has spent all his 2017 credits he had, Bolton has been on fire and deserves the spot over Butler and Baker has not put a foot wrong in any games he has played

Butler & Castagna can play VFL and get some form and win back their spots whilst Baker & Bolton get their chance

No disrespect to our opposition but I don’t expect our upcoming opponents to be challenging top4 like our last 2 opponents currently sitting sec and third on premiership betting . We ll be in it for a long way , real danger game
Unless we play two debutantes, a second-gamer, third-gamer, fourth-gamer, 10th-gamer, 18th-gamer and 24th-gamer. Then we'll get murdered.

Luckily, there is no way we will put out such an inexperienced team.

Unless we play two debutantes, a second-gamer, third-gamer, fourth-gamer, 10th-gamer, 18th-gamer and 24th-gamer. Then we'll get murdered.

Rozee (3), Butters(3) , Drew (3) , Duursma (3) , Bonner (26) ,Burton (50) , SPP (41)

Really not that much different

Rozee (3), Butters(3) , Drew (3) , Duursma (3) , Bonner (26) ,Burton (50) , SPP (41)

Really not that much different
Heaps different when we don't have Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt and they still have Boak, Wines, Westhoff, Ebert, Rockliff, Gray, Ryder, Lycett.

Short steps? You must have been reading a few pages of mills and boon in the third quarter and missed his massive crunch on one of the big giants forwards. Commentators said " he took one for the team"
Funny how we're praising Rioli, and rightly so, but no-one has bothered to praise Brando.

Also, remember his front on clash with Danger both going at full pace in the QF? No side step or softness there.
Great post.

Brandon is not a soft footballer. He is just a poor kick and lacks composure. He has guts its just his skill has never really been there. I really hate it on BF when we bag out a player for being soft when he's just not that good of a player. Sometimes a guy just can't kick (see Dan Jackson, not at all soft and built a career out of being a hard-arse who never gave up). Brandon's disposal just can't be hidden anymore, like Butler's lack of pressure. That's why they may get dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL site.

Get them in: The experienced Josh Caddy played 70 per cent game time in the VFL in his return from an ankle injury, picking up 17 disposals playing mostly in the midfield. Jack Ross continued his good form with 21 touches and could be in line for a debut, while forward-turned-mid Shai Bolton was busy with 23.

Under the pump: Small forward Dan Butler has had a quiet few weeks after missing the second half of last year with an ankle injury, averaging 10 touches but, more concerning, kicking just one goal. Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin has been suspended for two weeks for striking but is challenging the decision on Tuesday night at the Tribunal.

Medical room: Captain Trent Cotchin is out for two to three weeks with a hamstring strain. Running defender Jayden Short will be on the sidelines for around two months after dislocating his elbow.

Verdict: There's going to be some shuffling at Punt Road. Butler may be the one to make way for Caddy. Ross should make his debut coming in for Cotchin. Defender Bachar Houli may need to pass a test but is the ideal replacement for Short, while Dylan Grimes will return from suspension, sending Noah Balta forward and Caddy to the middle to cover for Martin. - Sarah Black

Heaps different when we don't have Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt and they still have Boak, Wines, Westhoff, Ebert, Rockliff, Gray, Ryder, Lycett.
But we will have
Nnkervis,Caddy,Lynch,Grimes,Astbury,Mcintosh,Rioli,Broad

See how silly this is sounding

But we will have
Nnkervis,Caddy,Lynch,Grimes,Astbury,Mcintosh,Rioli,Broad

See how silly this is sounding
Sure is. Especially when you cite Broad and Rioli who have played roughly the same or less than some of the guys you count as inexperienced for Port. Nank too for that matter. Port doesn't have 1000+ games and its best 4 players sitting in the stands.

Tell you what, if Richmond picks your team, I'll quit bigfooty. If they don't you will. Then we'll see what's silly.

In: Grimes, Houli, Ross, Caddy, Bolton, Townsend
Out: Markov, Short, Cotchin, Martin, Butler, Ellis

FB:.....Grimes......Garthwaite......Broad
HB:.....Vlastuin......Astbury........Houli
C:.......KMac........Graham.........Lambert
HF:.....Edwards.......Balta.........Caddy
FF:.....Rioli............Lynch.........Castagna
R:.......Nank.........Prestia........Higgins
Int:.....Ross........Townsend......Bolton.....Stack

Castagna lucky that Butler has been worse and 6 changes is a stretch already. Would like to see Baker get a game too.

That team could beat Port.

In reality it will probably be In: Ross, Houli, Grimes, Caddy Out: Cotchin, Martin, Short, + one of Ellis or Markov.

Hopefully we will have Grimes, Astbury, Tigger, Houli, Lambo, Shedda, Caddy, Prestia and Lynch etc :cool:

Is it too late to tell you port Adelaide debuted 4 draftees r1 , theyre 3 games into their career if it means anything. Carlton ran them to a couple of goals away from home with curnow and Murphy benched for best part of game. I may be going against the grain not having them amongst my premiership fancies on back of beating melb and bloos , I give us every chance , it’s a danger game

Last edited:
Is it too late to tell you port Adelaide debuted 4 draftees r1 , theyre 3 games into their career if it means anything. Carlton ran them to a couple of goals away from home with curnow and Murphy benched for best part of game. I may be going against the grain not having them amongst my premiership fancies on back of beating melb and bloos , I give us every chance , it’s a danger game
How many times do I have to point out that 1000 games worth of their best 4 players were not on the sidelines.

Who has them as premiership fancies?

We do have a chance, except if we play the team THE_GUN named. That is my point. I would pick a team to give us the best chance to win, that side would be conceding defeat before we start.

Out: Cotchin, Martin, Short, BEllis & Butler
In: Grimes, Caddy, Bolton, Ross & Naish

I think Houli will be another week away.

B: Grimes Astbury Garthwaite
HB: Broad Vlastuin Stack
C: McIntosh Caddy Bolton
HF: Higgins Balta Rioli
FF: Castagna Lynch Edwards
Foll: Nankervis Prestia Lambert
Inter: Naish Graham Ross Markov

Back