Prediction Where will we finish in 2019

Where will Sydney Finish the 2018 Regular Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's look at the evidence and what that tells us. At one stage we were challenging for top two last year before we had a dip toward the end of H &A. We had the worst draw. We had the best record against other top 8 sides. We have managed to cut adrift the deadwood from last year without losing any on our list earmarked for retention and being selective in recruitment, bringing in a top 5 quality player in the draft. We were mostly reliant upon our young brigade who will be 1 year older. The ypunger brigade should be capable of greater consistency. In contrast, our older players (and there are a few) are one year closer to the edge which may or may not happen this year. We are notorious slow starters so whilst 2-0 would be nicer, I'm not horrified by 0-2 start. If things go right we can be in the thick of the action I feel. I think top 4 is possible.

Let's look at the evidence and what that tells us. At one stage we were challenging for top two last year before we had a dip toward the end of H &A. We had the worst draw. We had the best record against other top 8 sides. We have managed to cut adrift the deadwood from last year without losing any on our list earmarked for retention and being selective in recruitment, bringing in a top 5 quality player in the draft. We were mostly reliant upon our young brigade who will be 1 year older. The ypunger brigade should be capable of greater consistency. In contrast, our older players (and there are a few) are one year closer to the edge which may or may not happen this year. We are notorious slow starters so whilst 2-0 would be nicer, I'm not horrified by 0-2 start. If things go right we can be in the thick of the action I feel. I think top 4 is possible.
I love the way your mind works Puke, you are obviously a glass half full person like myself :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll stick my neck out and call that we’ll be 2-2 after round 4

One week at a time though. Some chance this week. Melbourne will be tough in round 4. If they have aspirations to play finals/top 4 they win that game.

We'll bounce back. I'm optomistic... Bud, Heens, Melican & a few others a bit slower through injury etc. They should start to find some conditioning the next few weeks.

A few kids who clearly have been thrown in the deep end.

Plus some pretty important onfield leaders missing in Reg/Macca.

I think we'll pull it all together & have a late season run.

12th to 14th. Will probably win a few unexpectedly. Won't make the 8 but could be a player in shaping how it finish.

We will be that annoying side for those in the 8 and will make life tricky for them

12th to 14th. Will probably win a few unexpectedly. Won't make the 8 but could be a player in shaping how it finish.

We will be that annoying side for those in the 8 and will make life tricky for them

Annoying side. * yeh. We've been annoying, irritating and buzz kill since Jose Horsey .... Well whatever.

I am so clear that Rocket is still vastly better than Jose.

Watching us squeak through in the CarlCrims game, I recalled a diabolical year when we won two games for the year. These were both against Fitzroy who went winless that season.

We are a better team than that old South side, but then again CarlCrims are probably better than the Roys team of that year. Looking ahead I do not see a W we can ink in for awhile. Still, I can see us getting at least 5 wins this year and finishing in the 14-16 band.

Back