Booing of Gary Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve come to this thread late, but it’s a decent read 😁.

Ablett was absolutely booed because of the like, he wasn’t booed like that last year in the same game or to the same degree by any other fan base. I dgaf about the like itself, but to claim it’s not the catalyst is ignorant or disingenuous.

If other fans climb on and boo him every game from now that’ll also be ******* stupid. He made a mistake by actually showing his own beliefs, believe it or not religion often comes with bigotry and we all knew he was “religious”. I don’t like his position but not sure it warrants sustained booing - he’s an uneducated cretin, that’s all.

Hahahaha whatever he was, over the past 2 weeks he's sent his reputation on a nosedive that he won't recover from

Yeah classic.

Wayne Carey f***s his best mate’s missus and lands plum roles in the media and is regarded as the best of the 90s.
Ablett clicks a button on Instagram and he won’t recover.

A view befitting of your neutron sized intellect.

Ablett was absolutely booed because of the like, he wasn’t booed like that last year in the same game or to the same degree by any other fan base. I dgaf about the like itself, but to claim it’s not the catalyst is ignorant or disingenuous.

If other fans climb on and boo him every game from now that’ll also be ******* stupid. He made a mistake by actually showing his own beliefs, believe it or not religion often comes with bigotry and we all knew he was “religious”. I don’t like his position but not sure it warrants sustained booing - he’s an uneducated cretin, that’s all.
He will be booed next week regardless of faith, skin colour or gender.

Yeah classic.

Wayne Carey f***s his best mate’s missus and lands plum roles in the media and is regarded as the best of the 90s.
Ablett clicks a button on Instagram and he won’t recover.

A view befitting of your neutron sized intellect.
I would of thought the glassing incident was more damaging to careys career then the adultery thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be booed next week regardless of faith, skin colour or gender.

I agree - but why? Because that fan base doesn’t agree with his like of Folau’s tweet? Or because of something else?

I agree that he will, but it’ll all get messy because people will presume motive when that’s impossible.

I don’t like that someone in his position has (inadvertently or not) promoted exclusion. But it’ll be ******* annoying if this ends up being a referendum on his career because people like to hate on others when they screw up publicly.

I agree - but why? Because that fan base doesn’t agree with his like of Folau’s tweet? Or because of something else?

I agree that he will, but it’ll all get messy because people will presume motive when that’s impossible.

I don’t like that someone in his position has (inadvertently or not) promoted exclusion. But it’ll be ******* annoying if this ends up being a referendum on his career because people like to hate on others when they screw up publicly.
Because...Essendon. We'll boo for any or even no reason.

Why are people so against booing? I think the fact that some supporters see villains in other clubs, makes the game a bit more entertaining, particularly with how boring the game has become.

Only wish Matthew Lloyd had played on for one more year after sniping Sewell. Boy he would have got heaps !!!

I’m gonna weigh in for the sake of it and say that I never liked Ablett - there’s something really annoying about him when he talks. He has this whiny high-pitched voice and has always seemed like a big sook.

It’s a shame that such a talented player is actually a dumb flog as a person.

Yes, people who hold the ancient woo-woo teachings of their religion above an up to date and considered understanding of the world lack intelligence and it shouldn’t be tolerated as “part of their faith”; particularly in Christianity where they seem to pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament they adhere to.

By all means, have a spiritual faith, but why does that mean you have to hate on or rate others as less than? It makes no sense. I doubt Jesus would want gays to go to hell - he would want them in heaven to liven things up and keep the party going

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As what, the best footballer of the millennium?

Yeah pretty sure it’s already happened champ

😂 😂 😂

Best Footballer of the millennium??? Probably most overrated is more accurate. The best football player I remember was Greg Williams, unfortunately I don’t think he has played a game this millennium so will rule him out. Sam Mitchell was a better player than GAJ. Judd also has claims to that title. Cripps has a chance to surpass him.

What makes GAJ overrated? His possessions for the most part was setting himself up to look good, rather than the team.

😂 😂 😂

Best Footballer of the millennium??? Probably most overrated is more accurate. The best football player I remember was Greg Williams, unfortunately I don’t think he has played a game this millennium so will rule him out. Sam Mitchell was a better player than GAJ. Judd also has claims to that title. Cripps has a chance to surpass him.

What makes GAJ overrated? His possessions for the most part was setting himself up to look good, rather than the team.

Hahahahaha of course they were mate.
Mitchell wasn’t even the best player in his team.

See, now I feel like I’ve lived in an alternate universe to some people. He absolutely WAS booed the same way in the same game last year. I was there and laughing at it. Not to say none of the boos in Monday were inspired by the Barrett-led media stoking but people acting loke Ablett is never booed is very confusing to me, having seen him booed constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back