• Richard Marles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Joel Fitzgibbon

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at that list of names..... gee Labor is a shambles. No wonder most of the country voted Liberal even though those smug pricks absolutely deserved to lose.

Reading that Shorten is involving himself behind the scenes in the decision just makes me cringe. Who'd be stupid enough to listen to a man who just lost an un-loseable election anyway? The Liberal Party disgusts me because it is full of hateful, heartless social climbers but Labor has for years projected complete impotence and ineptness and I don't see that changing unless the party takes a good hard look at itself and attempts to dismantle the factional powerplays going on behind the scenes. Time to give grassroots members way more say in how the party is run and who leads it.

The common good is secondary to personal interest.

If Shorten wasn't a *******, he'd realise he'd bottled it, and shut his mouth, instead, he wants to exert his influence and continuing to try and get his own way.

Abbott was the same.

*heads.

The reason I think Albo should be the leader is that he hates the greens. One problem labor has is that it’s perceived as being in defacto coalition with the greens. If he can break that, then it’s one step towards rehabilitation.
That and governing for all.

Listening to Joel Fitzgibbon on 7:30 tonight...wow...how long has it been since we've heard a Labor figure talking like an ADULT and not some snarky far-left teenager talking to their twitter audience for likes?

Joel should definitely nominate for leader. Even I'd vote for him over ScoMo's matey/folksy BS.

Listening to Joel Fitzgibbon on 7:30 tonight...wow...how long has it been since we've heard a Labor figure talking like an ADULT and not some snarky far-left teenager talking to their twitter audience for likes?

Joel should definitely nominate for leader. Even I'd vote for him over ScoMo's matey/folksy BS.

The problem with Morrison's matey/folksy BS is that it endears him to QLD/NSW'rs.

Well, what did you like about him?

- Does he speak well?
- Is he charismatic?
- Is he a go-getter (someone who travels all round the city to back candidates)?

The problem with Morrison's matey/folksy BS is that it endears him to QLD/NSW'rs.

Well, what did you like about him?

- Does he speak well?
- Is he charismatic?
- Is he a go-getter (someone who travels all round the city to back candidates)?

Communicates clearly. Fluent. Uses ordinary language. Engages common sense. In touch with what the result means. Has energy.

As a liberal man Jim Chalmers would be a top choice for Labor; he is intelligent, fresh faced and doesn't strike me as an arrogant knobhead like his predecessors. And being a Queenslander may restore some of the damage caused from the election.

If Albanese is chosen the Libs will have a fun time in government.
If I have ever seen bad faith advice, this is it.

Bowen made a point of saying Albo had the punters behind him, but this may hint at why Chalmers is hanging around.

ABC news had an online poll for who should be next oppo leader, with current results:

Chalmers - 49%
Albanese - 29%
O'Neil - 8%
Butler - 7%
Bowen - 7%

its only a crappy online poll from a small audience, but if other polls are showing similar, the Right may be thinking Chalmers is a better option than Bowen.
Chalmers is an absolute spud, also, who takes online polls seriously?

This is the caucus saying a big "f you" to Shorten in throwing their support behind Albo.

Also, I think people reason it is fair to give Albo his shot - he could be just the antidote to ScoMo's "ordinaryness". But my prediction is this will end in failure for Labor. Albo too unpolished to be PM.
Australia did elect Tony Abbott though. Polish is something we overestimate.

There's others I liked instead, but Chalmers would be last on the list. Albo a much better choice than Bowen or Chalmers. Good that Bowen has withdrawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chalmers is an absolute spud, also, who takes online polls seriously?

Noone, as I said it was a crappy online poll with a small audience sample

Only an idiot would say Chalmers will be nothing in the new shadow cabinet however. The guy has done zero to impress me, but there is a reason people here and in the media are still talking about him as a contender

If you want Albo as Oppo leader, you need someone from the right to be deputy. Right now, imo it's him or O'Neil, and I doubt a Victorian woman will get the gig after Saturday.

The selections will be 100% about appealing to western NSW and Qld voters

Noone, as I said it was a crappy online poll with a small audience sample

Only an idiot would say Chalmers will be nothing in the new shadow cabinet however. The guy has done zero to impress me, but there is a reason people here and in the media are still talking about him as a contender

If you want Albo as Oppo leader, you need someone from the right to be deputy. Right now, imo it's him or O'Neil, and I doubt a Victorian woman will get the gig after Saturday.

The selections will be 100% about appealing to western NSW and Qld voters
My hope is it would be O'Neill, but surely you put in a decent performer like Jason Clare. Bill 2.0 but is hardly the way to go.

My hope is it would be O'Neill, but surely you put in a decent performer like Jason Clare. Bill 2.0 but is hardly the way to go.

O'Neil is zero chance

She is my preferred choice, but will do nothing to win back Qld or western Sydney

Back