Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, that’s so unbelievably humourous! Yes, he had a poor game. I wonder if the potato would’ve competed as well as Wills did with three minutes left when the game was to there be won
Credit to Wills he had a shocker but that moment in the ruck, to get on the ground and feed the handball out was excellent.

Stevo was quiet tonight,but that ground doesn’t suit him at all.It’s always wet and heavy and there’s no space to move.Just not suitable for someone with his pace.
Rampe had him most of the night as well. He struggled to compete with him having the slighter body. Probably needed to use his pace more, but on a scrappy night not much he could have done.

Oh, that’s so unbelievably humourous! Yes, he had a poor game. I wonder if the potato would’ve competed as well as Wills did with three minutes left when the game was to there be won

He hasn't been anything special the last three weeks. Wills had one moment in the end and that was it. But one moment isn't worthy of a senior spot.

Happy to get the win, not fussed how ugly or wasteful our performance. Real shame about Wells but it's not like it's one of our regular players going down. I tipped the Swans tonight narrowly, felt like if we were going to drop one this would be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells maybe injured but what a smooth mover!

tenor.gif

Id be throwing the kitchen sink at grundy and let moore go if I was the footy department

Once in a generation type players cannot leave in free agency

I thought we were as safe as houses with Grundy. But after watching an interview with him last week I'm no longer as sure. I think he is going back to SA eventually (pretty much said as much) whether that is in a year, 2 years or 4 who knows.

We didn't play our best football, but our ability to grind out wins the way we have this year is a sign of a very good football side.

I always anticipated the match would be a grind. On frequent occasions, our games against the Swans at the SCG have been tight tussles and this one was no different. I don't know whether it's the stadium itself, but we never seem to produce our best football there, so to get away and collect the four points is a great outcome.

I never lost hope we would overpower the Swans in the end. Our inability to convert our opportunities was hurting us, but I had enough confidence in the team to ramp up the intensity and deliver a win in the end. I'm glad my confidence was vindicated.

Excellent games from Grundy, Pendlebury, Brown and Greenwood. Grundy is proving to be one of the best players, let alone the most dominant ruck in the competition. Pendles' good run of form has continued. Brown has taken another step forward in his development, and Greenwood played an above average game tonight.

The injury list is continuing to mount with Wells' injury troubles returning. His ability to hit the scoreboard was first class. I think regardless of the severity of the injury, this will be his final year.

I'm hoping some of our injured players can return soon. Not sure of the timeline, but I hope Moore, De Goey and Cox can all play next week. That would strengthen our team considerably.

Last edited:
Yes, yes he does.

It will not hinder anything he currently can do only improve on it, so long as it is lean muscle mass he will be stronger, faster and overall better in the contest.

You want him to add lots of upper body weight so he can wrestle better?

Err well that will impact his acceleration and agility.

Obviously he is young and will get stronger over time, but I think the lean body type works best for him. Makes him light and zippy

Moore had blonde hair and ankle straps....flashy! Grundy is a battering ram, a gladiator, a one man clearance machine. He'd take Peter Moore after a few contests. Moore was great....but this bloke's something completely different.
You obviously didn’t see Peter Moore play, he was playing the Ruck/follower position like nobody before him. In terms of an extra on baller he was one of the first. Btw it was 2 Brownlows so I’m sorry Grundy not close yet.

Thought Steve was average tonight. Tried but couldn’t get into it.
He can't be good every week. He didn't have a great game, but he's no Magden or Wills. We know he can play.

I liked Aish who played well when others didn't. His disposal was effective and he saved us down back a few times. TD would be happy!

Really liked Greenwood and Brown's games who were both considered borderline best 22 but excelled tonight. Brown's goal storming out of the center clearance was inspirational. Roughead has proved an astute pick-up, particularly given our missing KPDs.

I switched from the 2 and half star hotel's wifi to my phone as hotspot and enjoyed the last 6 minutes without frame freezing every 10 seconds. The staff sap the wifi at its source watching movies and stuff on their phones in their downtime, of which they seem to have plenty in the depths of the low season. The boys have to be respected for turning what seemed a certain loss into a win.

Moore had blonde hair and ankle straps....flashy! Grundy is a battering ram, a gladiator, a one man clearance machine. He'd take Peter Moore after a few contests. Moore was great....but this bloke's something completely different.
Take a deep breath Rob.
You're talking about a dual brownlow medalist.
I think the Grundy hype is getting a bit silly on this board.
Yes he is currently the best ruck in the comp but he needs to perform like this for another 3 years or so before we start comparing him to the likes of Thommo and Moore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back