Autopsy Brisbane defeats Hawthorn, Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough to win these sorts of games with our lack of midfield depth. If we don't blow teams away -which we lack the firepower/system to do- then we're sending out an invitation to be overtaken by falling away so badly late in quarters. The only game we've successfully come from behind at three quarter time this year was against Carlton, because it was Carlton.

I see no point naming names but some of our senior players appear fully content with the Premierships they already have.

Grow a set and name the players, or don't post the comment. Otherwise you have simply tarred all the senior players who have a premiership. :)

What to say about a team that doesn't feel like it has the spark to win when the heat is on! WHERE are our on field leaders!...its rinse and repeat in these types of games. Hodge and Fagan laughing all the way through Saturday night and Sunday. Clarkson back on the plane with his tail between his legs to Melbourne. There you have it.

What was Clarkson thinking naming Stratton as Captain whilst watching Hodge resurrect that ****hole Brisbane. Poles apart.
Sicily needs to be moved out to the back line. Put him in the forward line. Let him stay there and try and kick goals for us.

They played us beautifully in the last 3 quarters. Scully, Smith, Worpel, O'Meara all unable to find teammates despite a load of inside 50s. They had the long-ball covered all night after they worked out how to space out our small forwards. Chalk up another one for Hodgey.

Amazing that we were still hanging on halfway through the last because I thought we were beaten on every line today. Outmuscled by their midfield.

Cousins goal one of the few real highlights. Lewis marking impressive (just kick that last goal son!)

At least Roosey will be happy with the result. And also the Lions have a couple of real douchebags playing for them.

Needs a kick in the arse
Don’t care what anyone says I reckon he’s been pretty ordinary most of the year

He's had an ordinary few weeks, but he's still close to our best defender, and his intercepting saved us from some much larger margins in losses earlier in the year. Has perhaps begun drinking the bath water a little, but his arrogance is part of what makes him work as well as he does when he's on song, so I'm not sure we want him to dial that back too much.

What to say about a team that doesn't feel like it has the spark to win when the heat is on! WHERE are our on field leaders!...its rinse and repeat in these types of games. Hodge and Fagan laughing all the way through Saturday night and Sunday. Clarkson back on the plane with his tail between his legs to Melbourne. There you have it.

What was Clarkson thinking naming Stratton as Captain whilst watching Hodge resurrect that ****hole Brisbane. Poles apart.
Sicily needs to be moved out to the back line. Put him in the forward line. Let him stay there and try and kick goals for us.

it's all well and good to throw Sicily to the forward line, but he needs whomever is sending the ball to the forward line to kick it accurately to him and not just bomb it in hope.

Don’t believe a thing you hear or read.

Hodge got a godfather offer/retirement fund that nobody would or could say no too.

This is knit-picking, but, the celebration of a couple of our goals was a little uncharacteristic I thought. Very over the top when it shouldn't have been. An example was after Ceglars set shot goal from an acute angle, I.Smith ran and jumped on him and was kept in the air for a few seconds, as though we'd just kicked the winning goal. It was a good goal but as a team, we were nowhere near comfortable. Just little things like that show a little arrogance maybe?

Needs a kick in the arse
Don’t care what anyone says I reckon he’s been pretty ordinary most of the year
You do realise that the player you are calling ordinary leads the comp in meters gained, top ten for kicks, top ten for marks and will most probably be an AA this year? And let me guess you think Stratton is having a good year as well with those excellent 5 possesion games? Give me a break!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grow a set and name the players, or don't post the comment. Otherwise you have simply tarred all the senior players who have a premiership. :)
So elbow its your shout to celebrate, come on pal, premierships are great and all but who do you think turned up to preseason thinking I'm happy with what I've achieved.
The season is now no time for sentiment.

This is knit-picking, but, the celebration of a couple of our goals was a little uncharacteristic I thought. Very over the top when it shouldn't have been. An example was after Ceglars set shot goal from an acute angle, I.Smith ran and jumped on him and was kept in the air for a few seconds, as though we'd just kicked the winning goal. It was a good goal but as a team, we were nowhere near comfortable. Just little things like that show a little arrogance maybe?

More trying to create energy and excitement away from home when the crowd is flat after we kick goals, imo.

I dont understand this game plan of bombing long to a pack....we never mark and never seem to crumb anymore. Most of the time all the crumbers are in the pack and Brisbane walk the ball out...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It might work if sicily is fwd. I know having him back helps but if you want to see a 100pt game throw him into the fwd line at least for 5-10 minutes in a game, this guy was a genuine match winner up fwd a few years back I much rather lose a game playing a all or nothing attack mode than to see a ross lyon low scoring "saving the game" style. We should forgot about finals and worry more about our style of play because it looks awful imo

You do realise that the player you are calling ordinary leads the comp in meters gained, top ten for kicks, top ten for marks and will most probably be an AA this year? And let me guess you think Stratton is having a good year as well with those excellent 5 possesion games? Give me a break!
You can throw stats all you like mate
I think he’s been very average

And did I mention Stratton at all??
So what’s the point of you mentioning him?

How do you play so well for 15 minutes then completely fall off the cliff for the rest of the game?

Our midfield was on top for 15 minutes, and then lost the midfield battle for the rest of the game. Mitchell would fix so many of our problems, and we'd have less reason to point the finger at other parts of the ground.

Last edited:
Very frustrating result given our first quarter. Seem to be a few quality players short of a top four team.

Loved Lewis' efforts to continually get to the contest.

So elbow its your shout to celebrate, come on pal, premierships are great and all but who do you think turned up to preseason thinking I'm happy with what I've achieved.
The season is now no time for sentiment.

Will happily call the players out that i think aren't up to it and those that went alright.

I don't think it shows a set to say something along the lines of "our forwards are all no good, but i don't want to name names..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back