Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit like game day threads on the MB. They were an still are nothing more than umpire whinging threads. Have a look at the numbers on them now, barely any posts compared to what there was last season, people are just sick of them so generally retreat to their own boards.

I join BF in '08 and didn't venture outside of the footy stuff for a good while. I would have supported Gillard but never Rudd.

All the threads will go around and around in circles and it will become boring very quickly.
Easier not to read than complain then. There are so many threads on SRP that I rarely read nor post in.

Rarely go to MB either as I am normally at games but have looked at after games. Some are funny especially if it is a game I have been to.

I still like the Australian Politics forum irrespective of who is in government and although not a fan of Albanese, will be interesting to see how he performs.

It's often a political sign when a party singles out an opposition spokes person for personal attention they are **** scared of them. Which is more than likely why the dunce, bungler, racist, fear monger and rorter from strangeland has had a crack.

Hahahahaha, she's not simply an Opposition spokesperson, she's a former NSW Premier that was baseball batted from office, and to most NSW people still has a stench about her with Sussex Street. Combined with her streamlined ascent into Federal Labor, she is now the Coalition's best asset.

THAT'S why she gets attention. Jesus can't believe that needs to be explained.

Now as for your post about why a party singles out someone for personal attention...jeez, you must have missed KK and Keating and co get VERY personal and nasty with Dutton during the entire campaign. Are they scared of him? lol. Or does your BS theory only work one way?

Albanese's shadow cabinet is very poor - shows he has not learned the lessons of the election loss. Wildly left-wing choices on border protection (KK is of the right but her positioning on this is very far-left), and on the environment (Terri Butler).

2 or 3 terms in Opposition coming up??

He would get my vote if he brought in death taxes. Shows he is actually listening to economists and has balls.
I thought Bowen had balls and was frank and honest and upfront about franking credits

Worked a treat that one...
Why would he keep Shorten? What an idiot.

Shorten is poison.
Tony Abbott 2015-19 bored...
Albanese's shadow cabinet is very poor - shows he has not learned the lessons of the election loss. Wildly left-wing choices on border protection (KK is of the right but her positioning on this is very far-left), and on the environment (Terri Butler).

2 or 3 terms in Opposition coming up??
The LNP can change the guard multiple times, run a massive scare campaign via Palmer and Murdoch and then win the election

All Labor need to do is win the game when it matters, doesn't matter who's in what area imo, the LNP firmly set that precedent

If you actually took notice of Senate Estimates you'd know Keaneally made mince meat of the opposition troglodytes. Day-after-day-after-day.

It's often a political sign when a party singles out an opposition spokes person for personal attention they are **** scared of them. Which is more than likely why the dunce, bungler, racist, fear monger and rorter from strangeland has had a crack.
Is that just like how Kennalley singled out Dutton?

Previously Kenneally said she is against off shore processing, whinged about the government policies on asylum seekers and is also against boat turnbacks. Suddenly these are absolutely supported by her.

Kenneally is a hypocrite.

Kenneally is very good-smart, rational, sensible, decent. Lucky to have people like her there.
Albanese has put a good team together -looking forward to seeing them keep the libs on their toes.

Well they would probably lose inner city seats. This is their problem, the inner city seats care little about what the outer suburbs and regions care about, and the other way around.

They need to win over both to win.
Inner city seats = Liberals, Independents or Greens, it's not their go to zone, the outer suburbs will always vote Labor though

Labor needs to put more effort into rural areas that vote Liberal and win those types over, look at Queensland for example, the Nationals are non-existent there these days

Labor was far too open and honest for their own good in regards to policy, allowed too many attacks points on them and people believed the lies and scare tactics put up by Palmer, Murdoch etc. Keep the cards close to the chest and make the LNP accountable is what needs to happen.

Inner city seats = Liberals, Independents or Greens, it's not their go to zone, the outer suburbs will always vote Labor though

Labor needs to put more effort into rural areas that vote Liberal and win those types over, look at Queensland for example, the Nationals are non-existent there these days

Labor was far too open and honest for their own good in regards to policy, allowed too many attacks points on them and people believed the lies and scare tactics put up by Palmer, Murdoch etc. Keep the cards close to the chest and make the LNP accountable is what needs to happen.

Labor have a heap of inner city seats. Libs have a heap of outer suburban seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Bowen had balls and was frank and honest and upfront about franking credits

Worked a treat that one...

Tony Abbott 2015-19 bored...

The LNP can change the guard multiple times, run a massive scare campaign via Palmer and Murdoch and then win the election

All Labor need to do is win the game when it matters, doesn't matter who's in what area imo, the LNP firmly set that precedent
Bowen grandfathered his new property rules because he has 11 investment properties. No balls there.

How does Keneally keep rising up the Labor ranks? All she does is lose but keeps ascending within her own party.

She's a woman as well as "far right" in labor terms therefore perceived more palatable to the American public.

Albo will get knifed by Chalmers six months out from the next election when the polls show they are home and hosed except for Queensland.

Christ I hate Queensland.

Labor have to run a dirty campaign that will destroy the liberals and their credibility

They need to Stop playing nice. The liberals and Clive this election ran brilliant scare campaigns and it worked. Even though the liberals have ****ed up this country so badly in everything and will continue to they still managed to win

Labor have to run a dirty campaign that will destroy the liberals and their credibility

They need to Stop playing nice. The liberals and Clive this election ran brilliant scare campaigns and it worked. Even though the liberals have ****** up this country so badly in everything and will continue to they still managed to win
I understand the temptation but its the worst thing to do for them
The biggest thing people are effected by is the economy......It's likely 2 go into recession soon.
Don't get down and dirty in the mud just before they can play brighter future BS

Good Lord, Albo has only been leader for a minute and has spent every second of it ******* the Liberal Party up.

How does Keneally keep rising up the Labor ranks? All she does is lose but keeps ascending within her own party.
Basically - a long history of being the right person at the right time.

She actually got her start in NSW politics thanks to her husband's bad luck. He is close mates with Joe Tripodi, and the two of them had cooked up a preselection challenge in a safe seat. However the member he wanted to challenge was a woman, and the state executive wouldn't back replacing a female MP with a man due to the party's affirmative action policy. He withdrew and she stood instead. It was a pretty nasty battle but she got up with central party support.

When Nathan Rees started causing problems for Eddie Obeid and Joe Tripodi they boned him. Kenneally had proved a competent, uncontroversial minister and was considered a pretty marketable cleanskin for the Right to stick in the Premier's chair. Whilst she got smashed at the election a couple of years later, I don't think many people would wholly blame her - her personal approval rating wasn't always great, but it was generally ahead of the party as a whole.

She came out of the ICAC fiasco looking incredibly naive, but not corrupt. With the extent that ICAC decimated her generation of the NSW Right, she's retained a fair bit of juice. Part of it is due to her having carved out a pretty effective niche for herself - there are not a lot of religious Catholic women in the Labor Right, much less those with her breadth of governmental experience.

At the end of the day, she's smart and charismatic enough, but I think she's a dud. I don't like her brand of Catholic Labor politics, I don't like her ties to the Terrigals, and I don't like her complicity in bringing down the only Labor Premier who had the guts to stand up to the crooks in his own government. I don't think she's corrupt but I do think she's weak-willed and utterly self-serving.

Still - this is the state party machine that put Mark Arbib and Sam Dastyari in the Senate, so why be surprised?

Last edited:
What Albanese will need to do is to go-to bellwether outer-suburban electorates like Forde and Petrie and do some door-knocking. Ask them what their concerns are, what would make them vote for the ALP, what do they think about the LNP and why?

Then, run a mostly negative campaign focusing on those issues, with some positive ads during the last week outlining (basically) how the ALP will address Forde/Petrie's concerns.

That would IMO go a long way to winning middle Australia and therefore the election. Just some Abbott-style sloganeering on top of all that negative campaigning (GREAT SCOT - HE'S DRIVEN UP THE DEBT! SACK THE SCOTT! FLICK THE FRY! DITCH THE DUD!), to whip up a catch phrase that will stick-in-the-mind of less engaged voters.

If you actually took notice of Senate Estimates you'd know Keaneally made mince meat of the opposition troglodytes. Day-after-day-after-day.

That’s not what we saw at the election am. KK is political poison. They gifted her a Senate position because she couldn’t win an MP position. It isn’t hard to hold your Senate spot if you’re high up the list in one of the major parties. Six more years am. Six more years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back